• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MSNBC host Brzezinski mugged in D.C. The WashingtonTimes.com

KansasMustang

imported post

Virginian683 wrote:
I'm 100% pro-carry, everywhere, but how would her being armed in this case have made a difference? She had no cause for lethal force. He did not display a weapon or threaten her life (as far as we know), just demanded money. She could have refused. She could have run back into the hotel.

The problem here is not being unarmed it's being a pacifist lemming. Somebody tells her to do something so she just does it. Unfortunately she represents 9/10ths of all people in the world. But there is the additional factor of her being a woman and the assailant a man, so her behavior is more forgivable.
The problem here is all she would have had to do, IF she'd been armed, is tell the fella, "Go away or face the consequences" " I am armed and I will put your face on the ground til the cops come"

shad0wfax

imported post

Virginian683 wrote:
I'm 100% pro-carry, everywhere, but how would her being armed in this case have made a difference? She had no cause for lethal force. He did not display a weapon or threaten her life (as far as we know), just demanded money. She could have refused. She could have run back into the hotel.

The problem here is not being unarmed it's being a pacifist lemming. Somebody tells her to do something so she just does it. Unfortunately she represents 9/10ths of all people in the world. But there is the additional factor of her being a woman and the assailant a man, so her behavior is more forgivable.
As you alluded to in your final statement, she is female. She may or may not have had cause for lethal force. She was a female alone in a dangerous area and approached by a man who was aggressively demanding her money. She, as a female, has a much better chance of convincing a jury that she was in fear for her life than a large man does. For all we know, the guy grabbed her or had a hand in his pocket and was manifesting an intent to intimidate her, which very well may have allowed her to use lethal force. (I'm completely ignorant of state laws where she was mugged.)