• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dinner in Saginaw

SQLtables

imported post

SQLtables wrote:
viperar15 wrote:
So Feb 12 looks good to me (or even that weekend if there is interest for that instead).

Place for dinner? Bob Evans sounds good. there is also the Texan on State. or Applebees (not sure if we could do that since they have a bar??) or Bennigans or something like that? just trying to throw some ideas out there. Or even Tony's back side of the mall -- our belts might break from that though.

Can't do a place that serves alcohol because of those without CPLs.

We did Tony's in Birch Run, so that's an option.

What does everybody think of Saturday the 8th instead?

Yea, so, the 8th is a Sunday. I really meant Saturday the 7th.

Doug, are you going to be there? That's a weekend buddy :p

mjanko

imported post

SQLtables wrote:
viperar15 wrote:
So Feb 12 looks good to me (or even that weekend if there is interest for that instead).

Place for dinner? Bob Evans sounds good. there is also the Texan on State. or Applebees (not sure if we could do that since they have a bar??) or Bennigans or something like that? just trying to throw some ideas out there. Or even Tony's back side of the mall -- our belts might break from that though.

Can't do a place that serves alcohol because of those without CPLs.

We did Tony's in Birch Run, so that's an option.

What does everybody think of Saturday the 8th instead?
We do not want to go to the Texan !!!!!! it is a dump !!!

Cowboy5995

imported post

I dont mean to be a bit of an a hole here but..... the Bob Evans across from the mall is actually in Kochville Twp. Tittabawassee rd is the Township lines. So any run ins with any LEOs will be either Saginaw Co. Sheriff or MI State police. I dont know thought it might be good to know fwiw. I dont know how aware these depts. are on OC.

Anyways I am still new and live around the mall. What are these dinners or get together like? Just sit around and talk about OCin or what? If so I have an "anti-OC" / "NO way thats legal. Enjoy your jail time" type friend. I would love to get him around a bigger group of people and see if I can change his mind. If not I would like to come out and learn a bit more myself.

BTW there is nothing wrong with the Texan. My buddys Grandparents own the one on State.

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Cowboy5995 wrote:
I dont mean to be a bit of an a hole here but..... the Bob Evans across from the mall is actually in Kochville Twp.  Tittabawassee rd is the Township lines.  So any run ins with any LEOs will be either Saginaw Co. Sheriff or MI State police.  I dont know thought it might be good to know fwiw.  I dont know how aware these depts. are on OC.

Anyways I am still new and live around the mall.  What are these dinners or get together like?  Just sit around and talk about OCin or what?  If so I have an "anti-OC" / "NO way thats legal.  Enjoy your jail time" type friend.  I would love to get him around a bigger group of people and see if I can change his mind.  If not I would like to come out and learn a bit more myself.

BTW there is nothing wrong with the Texan.  My buddys Grandparents own the one on State.

Michigan State Police are very aware. From their website:

Firearms Related Questions

1. Is it legal to carry a visible pistol in public?

Although MCL 750.227 restricts carrying a pistol concealed on your person or in a vehicle, there is no statute that specifically prohibits carrying a visible pistol. MCL 750.234d states that you cannot possess any firearm in a depository financial institution, a church or other house of religious worship, court, theatre, sports arena, day care center, hospital or an establishment licensed under the Michigan liquor control act, unless that possession is with the permission of the owner or his/her agent of the entity.

They didn't get this quite right, since you can also carry in those restricted places openly if you have a CPL.

SQLtables

imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
Cowboy5995 wrote:
I dont mean to be a bit of an a hole here but..... the Bob Evans across from the mall is actually in Kochville Twp. Tittabawassee rd is the Township lines. So any run ins with any LEOs will be either Saginaw Co. Sheriff or MI State police. I dont know thought it might be good to know fwiw. I dont know how aware these depts. are on OC.

Anyways I am still new and live around the mall. What are these dinners or get together like? Just sit around and talk about OCin or what? If so I have an "anti-OC" / "NO way thats legal. Enjoy your jail time" type friend. I would love to get him around a bigger group of people and see if I can change his mind. If not I would like to come out and learn a bit more myself.

BTW there is nothing wrong with the Texan. My buddys Grandparents own the one on State.

Michigan State Police are very aware. From their website:
As is the Saginaw County Sheriffs Department. They were called on me when I was in Fire Mountain. They walked in, told the manager I was doing nothing wrong, and left. They didn't even approach me.

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

Cowboy5995 wrote:

Ask him out to dinner, but don't tell him about the OC meet. ;)

viperar15

imported post

Cowboy5995 wrote:
What are these dinners or get together like? Just sit around and talk about OCin or what?
If you go to the link on the forum for "Dinner in Midland" you can see a few blurred pictures of what the event looked like. we had 9 people out there.

SQLtables

imported post

Cowboy5995 wrote:

Ok, first of all, thanks for pointing that out.

Second, I still think the Bob Evans is a good choice, even though it's not really Saginaw Township. It doesn't make much of a difference at all really. So, do we want to call it Bob Evans at noon on the 7th?

HPC9

imported post

Bob Evans at noon, Saturday 2/7.

Works for me. I just hope they don't have the same strobe light effect going on from the fans. I had a migraine by the time I left.

viperar15

imported post

HPC9 wrote:
I just hope they don't have the same strobe light effect going on from the fans. I had a migraine by the time I left.
well... maybe this place used a smarter electrician that didn't wire the lighting and fan to work in an all on or all off fashion.

Taurus850CIA

imported post

I'm gonna try to make this one. Weekdays are hard for making long drives...:cry:
I won't have my curtain climber this time, though.