• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dinner in Saginaw

viperar15

imported post

thank you to springer and sql :) i'm going to open carry tonight to my parents :p lol.

i like the idea. that way we're not hitting just the same places and spreading the word about it.

i wont be able to make this coming saturday, but i'll be out for Big D's in Sanford. And if you guys want, i'll even sit back and do the mixing for ya from their sound booth. supposedly... (word of mouth) they dont have a PA there anymore.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

ruger45 wrote:
O.Ki fell better now i think it might be the drugs they got me on.oh hear is a ? for you can you open carry while you are on valium?it says not to drive but nothing about open carry?????:celebrate
There may be something about being under the influence of drugs, whether legal or illegal. So be careful with a firearm if taking drugs.

XDBassist

imported post

We could always have a weekly/bi-weekly meeting at the pistol range too ;)

Anyway so you guys in the tri-cities might have already known, but SQLtables tasked me with finding out the OC status of the Midland Mall here...

It's a no go. They have a posted sign at entrances that state 'displaying or CARRYING weapons of any kind is prohibited' which I guess I would interpret to also mean concealed carry.

At Sears we have no outward posting prohibiting carry and all I could find in my research is that 'Associates or anyone affiliated with Sears' are prohibited from carrying weapons. As far as I can tell, regarding customers, OC is ok with Sears. The Lansing store is a free standing store and I don't remember if they have a sign, but if not, OC away.

However, in a mall store like this one, I have to find out if our lease says we must enforce all rules of the mall. I'm guessing it probably does, but you'd have to get to the store from the mall's parking lot anyway.

So long story short, Midland Mall is a no go for OCing.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Venator wrote:
ruger45 wrote:
O.Ki fell better now i think it might be the drugs they got me on.oh hear is a ? for you can you open carry while you are on valium?it says not to drive but nothing about open carry?????:celebrate
There may be something about being under the influence of drugs, whether legal or illegal. So be careful with a firearm if taking drugs.

For alcohol and controlled substances:

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(qmjl0j55wjtxbo55kshrky24))/mileg.aspx?page=GetMCLDocument&objectname=mcl-750-237

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
Venator wrote:
ruger45 wrote:

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(qmjl0j55wjtxbo55kshrky24))/mileg.aspx?page=GetMCLDocument&objectname=mcl-750-237
That's it, Thanks Springer.

viperar15

imported post

as far as the midland mall goes, i believe midland, saginaw, and bay city are all owned by the same corporation, so i would assume (i know... i said assume)... that all 3 would have the same policy.

weekly/biweekly shoot sounds good to me also. :-D
i better get some equipment and start reloading even more to help out dad, since right now he's doing most of the reloading.

SQLtables

imported post

viperar15 wrote:
as far as the midland mall goes, i believe midland, saginaw, and bay city are all owned by the same corporation, so i would assume (i know... i said assume)... that all 3 would have the same policy.

weekly/biweekly shoot sounds good to me also. :-D
i better get some equipment and start reloading even more to help out dad, since right now he's doing most of the reloading.

Yes, I think you're right about the malls. The policy says that the policy is not meant to deprive anybody of any civil rights, and if you feel you are being deprived to contact the Management office. I will be writing them a letter, because I definitely feel like I am being deprived of a civil right (the letter will serve more as a notice that I will not spend any money in any of their malls). I don't expect this to do any good, but I have to try.

I'm all for a weekly shoot as well. It doesn't do much to educate the masses, so it'll have to be in addition to good food ;)

XDBassist

imported post

I would also like to send a letter as well since I'm here a lot. Makes me angry because I believe it was recently posted here in Midland. It didn't used to be there because I checked roughly a year ago when I got my CPL. Basically all the rules they have written seem to pertain to rowdy teenagers. Most of the rules are like "don't harass people', 'don't skateboard','don't play on stuff' 'no gang activity'. So it's pretty insulting to someone who likes order and to follow rules but still likes to exercise his/her rights.

Also, another open carry event in Midland, followed by some range time should happen again soon. There are plenty of restaurants/establishments in Midland that don't serve alcohol that we should be welcome in. Maybe we should do Bay City too!

Sqltables and I were at the Texan on Euclid. Tables was OC I was CC. The waitresses asked him if he had a permit for 'that thing' and said they were scared. We had a good laugh at that because if you know Tables at all he's got a weird sense of humor and said 'permit for what?' and looked around the room. I said he should have asked them if they had a permit for that scalding hot pot of coffee that could burnsomeskinoff if they spilled it on someone!

So another long story short, the Texan in Bay City is a fun place to open carry where we'll be welcome.

ruger45

imported post

Venator wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:
Venator wrote:
ruger45 wrote:

That's it, Thanks Springer.
Thanks to both of you for your help.

BooTz

imported post

soo..if ur under 21 ur effed any way u look at in this county..lol.. we cant drink to celebrate nor can we go by a handgun on our own like the BIG KIDS..and now we cant carry in places were things most likely would go down..gas stations and department stores..YAY!!..sorry if i dont sound patriotic but thers a quote tht is just buring my A$$..how did it go..HHMMMZ..o yea i remember..."SHAL NOT BE INFRINGED.."

SpringerXDacp

imported post

BooTz wrote:
soo..if ur under 21 ur effed any way u look at in this county..lol.. we cant drink to celebrate nor can we go by a handgun on our own like the BIG KIDS..and now we cant carry in places were things most likely would go down..gas stations and department stores..YAY!!..sorry if i dont sound patriotic but thers a quote tht is just buring my A$$..how did it go..HHMMMZ..o yea i remember..."SHAL NOT BE INFRINGED.."
You can purchase a handgun if you are under 21 years of age just not from a FFL.

BooTz

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
BooTz wrote:
You can purchase a handgun if you are under 21 years of age just not from a FFL.
thats what im mean like the big kids..we have to only do private purches..we cant go to a shop ourselves and talk between us kinda thing..u know what i mean??..

SpringerXDacp

imported post

BooTz wrote:
SNIP
thats what im mean like the big kids..we have to only do private purches..we cant go to a shop ourselves and talk between us kinda thing..u know what i mean??..

Don't let it get ya down Bootz, trust me, we've all been there at some time or another. For now, just work with what you have. You're not old enough to obtain a CPL, but it does not stop you from owning as handgun. If you are only interested in a new gun, then have a parent gift it to you via a FFL.

BooTz

imported post

thanks mate..if i had the grades and patience, i would go into law school fro gun rights, but i dont so im gunna be a gunsmith..i love guns.. i do plan on having my mother by a .45 tommorow in fact, its just the only time im out im usally at wal-mart..lol..see my uncle was gunned down and i wont end up like him..he survived buthe still has a bullet lodged in his liver.. the guy only got 4 years.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

BooTz wrote:
thanks mate..if i had the grades and patience, i would go into law school fro gun rights, but i dont so im gunna be a gunsmith..i love guns.. i do plan on having my mother by a .45 tommorow in fact, its just the only time im out im usally at wal-mart..lol..see my uncle was gunned down and i wont end up like him..he survived buthe still has a bullet lodged in his liver.. the guy only got 4 years.
Bootz, start a new thread about your questions/concerns related to OC and/or gun ownership, etc. This thread is about a recent MOC dinner in Saginaw.