Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For Sale: Colt AR 15 Sporter

Post imported post

Never fired, beautiful condition, in original box. Anyone interested?

Post imported post

Is the price in the "if you have to ask, you can't afford it" range?

:?

Post imported post

The price on these has been going up, but I hope it's still affordable.

Does $2,000 sound reasonable?

Post imported post

Sounds a little high, but what caliber?

Post imported post

caliber is .223

keep in mind this is pre-ban, never fired. they were going for $1500 8 years ago.

Post imported post

Will this one also handle the pressure of the 5.56 Nato round or is it strictly .223?

State Researcher

Post imported post

akamber wrote:
    caliber is .223

keep in mind this is pre-ban, never fired. they were going for $1500 8 years ago.
    Pre ban is meaningless anymore. The ban expired almost 5 years ago now. This is nothing more than a rifle that can be had off the shelf.

Post imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
    akamber wrote:
    caliber is .223

Pre ban is meaningless anymore. The ban expired almost 5 years ago now. This is nothing more than a rifle that can be had off the shelf.
    True (at least in WA state)with the exception that there are significant advantages to buying a brand new rifle from a private owner.

Regarding the caliber, yes the Colt AR15 can take the 5.56 nato round no problem.

State Researcher

Post imported post

I never said anything about buying from a private party, merely that the term "pre ban" is meaningless and does nothing for the value of the rifle here.

Post imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
    I never said anything about buying from a private party, merely that the term "pre ban" is meaningless and does nothing for the value of the rifle here.
    Infact you did. You stated, "This is nothing more than a rifle that can be had off the shelf" and I am pointing out that there are some differences that make it more than that.

State Researcher

Post imported post

akamber wrote:
    sv_libertarian wrote:
    Infact you did. You stated, "This is nothing more than a rifle that can be had off the shelf" and I am pointing out that there are some differences that make it more than that.
    Right now one can buy a rifle with a folding or collapsible stock, flashhider, bayonet lug or any other of the many "banned" features. Thus a pre 1994 rifle would of been of value between 1994 and 2004, but now that those features are not banned, a "pre ban" rifle does not have any feature that cannot be had "off the shelf"

Post imported post

akamber wrote:
    sv_libertarian wrote:
    Maybe but do you really think it is worth $500 extra to purchase from a private party? I have never seen one go for more than $1500 in the last 3 or so years and can buy one right now that is even less than that.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Post imported post

I have not purchased a gun in a long while. I have read somewhere in this forum that in Wa. St. pistols are required to be registered, long guns are not. So what is the advantage of purchasing a long gun from a private party?

I have been shopping around for an AR 15 and have found them going for between $800 and $1100 new off the shelf depending on the model.

Post imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
    akamber wrote:
    sv_libertarian wrote:
    Right now one can buy a rifle with a folding or collapsible stock, flashhider, bayonet lug or any other of the many "banned" features. Thus a pre 1994 rifle would of been of value between 1994 and 2004, but now that those features are not banned, a "pre ban" rifle does not have any feature that cannot be had "off the shelf"

Pre-ban is used asa descriptive term that refers to manufacture date. Don't you have some state research to do? There is no need for pedantic trolls in this thread.

Post imported post

Where is the popcorn smiley when you need it?

Post imported post

Vulcan wrote:
    I have not purchased a gun in a long while. I have read somewhere in this forum that in Wa. St. pistols are required to be registered, long guns are not. So what is the advantage of purchasing a long gun from a private party?

I have been shopping around for an AR 15 and have found them going for between $800 and $1100 new off the shelf depending on the model.
    I believe anything youbuy from a dealer will be registered. Yes there are a number of manufacturers selling similiar models for around $1000 even. Folks tend to pay a bit of a premium for an unmodified Colt product, as they're getting a little harder to come by. Also the lack of paperwork makes it more attractive.

Post imported post

I might be off on the asking price, haven't been actively shopping for these lately, so those of you more in the know feel free to chime in!

Unregistered is def. worth more, but how much more is up to the individualI guess.

Post imported post

Why do you come here and try to sell a rifle, then make it "more attractive" because there is no paper? Just sounds shady to me.

Also, you just made an account yesterday, and all your posts are in this thread. Is any of this even OC related?

Post imported post

akamber wrote:
    I might be off on the asking price, haven't been actively shopping for these lately, so those of you more in the know feel free to chime in!

Unregistered is def. worth more, but how much more is up to the individualI guess.
    You are probably right as far as an unregistered AR being worth more to some people. There is no doubt some do not want the gov't knowing what they have. I am sure if you look enough you will find a buyer for your asking price. I just know that they go for less other places. No doubt it is a high quality AR, which is getting very hard to come by.

In my own opinion I think somewhere between $1400 and $1600 is a reasonable price, unless it has any add on features. But then again I couldn't careless if I was buying a Colt, RRA, SNS ind., or a Mega AR as I do not think the quality between those rifles vary much if any nor do I care if it is private or via an FFL.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Post imported post

Cougar125 wrote:
    Why do you come here and try to sell a rifle, then make it "more attractive" because there is no paper? Just sounds shady to me.

Also, you just made an account yesterday, and all your posts are in this thread. Is any of this even OC related?
    I didn't mean to be shadyby pointing out that there's no registration.. just was trying to show that it's not exactly the same as something "off the shelf" as libertarion mentioned.

No obviously this isn't OC related... just thought this crowd might be interested. Judging by the number of views, it looks like I was right!

State Researcher

Post imported post

Vulcan wrote:

Handguns are not required to be registered in this state, but there is a de facto registration maintained by the DOL when handguns are purchased through a dealer. There is no requirement to register them though when purchased through a private party.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

Kesselring selling colt AR15 for less than a thousand. Not sure if its the same one...but wish I had the funds for one of those.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
    Kesselring selling colt AR15 for less than a thousand. Not sure if its the same one...but wish I had the funds for one of those.
    yeah, I have a feelingthe price will not be going down in the coming 4 years....

Post imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
    Vulcan wrote:

Handguns are not required to be registered in this state, but there is a de facto registration maintained by the DOL when handguns are purchased through a dealer. There is no requirement to register them though when purchased through a private party.
    I see, so if you buy a long gun from a dealer it is "de facto registered" as well?

State Researcher

Post imported post

Vulcan wrote:
    I see, so if you buy a long gun from a dealer it is "de facto registered" as well?
    Not really. There is the NICS background check the dealer calls in, and the sale remains on their bound book; but the state has no record of the sale. The FBI is required to destroy the NICS check data after a certain time (24 hours IIRC) but who knows if they really do. Beyond that when the dealer goes out of business, their bound books go to the ATF.

Some call this registration, but in the strictest sense of the term, it isn't. Personally I'll buy guns off paper from trusted invidiuals when I get the chance, but it is less an effort to avoid paperwork (I've got a CPL and more dealer purchases than I can keep track of, so "they" know I have guns) than to get good deals, or swap with friends.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast