• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

For Sale: Colt AR 15 Sporter

compmanio365

imported post

On the subject of stings, I can definitely see more and more of those kind of things happening now that we have a largely anti-gun government in power. The Clinton days are going to look like heaven compared to what's coming in the next 4 years, and everyone better watch their back, dot their "I"s and cross their "T"s, or you'll find yourself on the wrong side of the so-called "law" real quick.

And to the OP, we're not saying "members only" to join the forum and participate, far from it. In fact, please feel free to stick around and contribute and learn what you can. Show up to the monthly get togethers if you want. But when you sign up for the sole purpose to sell a ridiculously overpriced gun, try to boast about "features" to justify the ridiculous price, and then make a big deal about how there's "no paperwork", yeah, we're all thinking you're full of crap. Sorry, just the way it is.

I believe you're either trying to get rid of a stolen gun, or one that's been used in a crime somewhere. Or you're from the BATFE trying to capture someone in a sting. Either way, anyone who seriously considered buying this from you for what you're asking is a fool, and we don't have too many of those around here. Sorry pal, but this is a no BS zone, and you're just gonna have to get used to it.

David.Car

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
Now, now, now uncoolperson. Can't have pedantic trolling on this thread. Of course you don't have any state research to do, so I suppose you could be forgiven:p
Mmmm... I find you shallow and pedantic.
3474665687a458514181m.jpg

LongRider

imported post

akamber wrote:
Never fired, beautiful condition, in original box. Anyone interested
akamber wrote:
The price on these has been going up, but I hope it's still affordable.

Does $2,000 sound reasonable?
akamber wrote:
caliber is .223

keep in mind this is pre-ban, never fired. they were going for $1500 8 years ago.
akamber wrote:
advantages to buying a brand new rifle from a private owner.
Wow this thread has been all over the place. For what it is worth my take is.

I prefer FTF in part because most of the time I get a decent deal. I have yet to pay "extra" for a FTF purchase, won't start now.

If I recall correctly pre ban Colt AR's are NOT configured the same as current AR's. The difference might be of nostalgic value to those who used the M-16 during their tours of duty. Some may see that as a value I don't and would not pay extra. Speaking of which. Is it a blue, white or green label pre ban? It does makes a difference.

You have the "original" box so you can verify that it is a factory production? Not an assembled, from a pre-ban lower. I've seen blue label Colt AR sell for $650 my guess is that is around the original sale price. I think doubling your money is more than a decent profit. Considering that you can pick up a LWRC's Short-Stroke Gas-Piston AR's for under $2 grand. I think your price is pretty high

As far as buying FTF from strangers talk to them get a feel for who they are. If it feels wrong leave it alone and trust your gut. Go look at the gun is in as advertised? Is it worth having? If so, before closing the deal, get the serial number ask WSP to run them for you. Than if it comes up clean. You can use this pdf file 4GunSale.pdf print out two copies, fill it out get it notarized. Both of you keep a copy the state does not need it but if it hits the fan it will help you CYA.