• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC outing in Lexington

Fred

imported post

Christain county which is in the south west corner of the state. Being off a freeway is no big deal for me. Planning on touring the city either way. Might be moving upthere at theend of the year. Wanna get a look around and see whats up there.

Liberty4Ever

imported post

I'm up for this, pretty much any time, any place. Set a date and time and I'll be there.

I think the Kentucky carry laws document referenced earlier in this thread is probably the one I made for the first Guns And Garbage open carry litter pickup? If so, please, use it as much as you can to inform people of our inalienable rights.

As if we need another possibility for a venue, the Perkins Restaurant on Richmond Road is very friendly to open carry. They also might be a good compromise for everyone, because it doubles as a coffee shop and a restaurant that has a large breakfast menu 24/7 as well as a regular menu. My liberty group meets there and I get fries and a Coke (and sometimes pie!), others get a stack of pancakes, and others get meatloaf or grilled fish. Some people just get a coffee or nothing at all. It's good and inexpensive, and might be a good compromise between Starbucks, McDonald's and Cracker Barrel, because it's a bit of all of those.

I hope we start doing more open carry events. I'm starting a couple of threads, one for the second Guns And Garbage open carry litter pickup, and one with a poll to determine a date for an open carry picnic at Jacobson Park.

Fred

imported post

Cool beans liberty4ever, I'll be looking for those threads.

8th ID

imported post

Perkins also works for me-Like I say, I'm in Lex. so I'm flexible. Anybody want to chime in with a time? So, do we have a preference Cracker Barrel or Perkins? Just post some ideas and we'll discuss on here....

Fred

imported post

My intial vote is noon time. I think we should go with cracker barrel first and perkins as the backup.

langzaiguy

imported post

Ditto Fred. I'm fine with whatever time, and I guess I'm fine with whatever place--though I do prefer CB with Perkins as a backup.

8th ID

imported post

ok that's 2 for CB say at noon. well i'm up for that as well-so it's 3. chime in everyone.

Bueller...Bueller...:celebrate

Liberty4Ever

imported post

Cracker Barrel, next Saturday at noon. I'll be there and I'm looking forward to meeting you fine folks.

Which Cracker Barrel?

Newtown Pike, just outside I-75
Winchester Road, just inside I-75

8th ID

imported post

OK Let's set a date, time, location: Saturday May 30th at noon at Cracker Barrel on Winchester Road. Hopefully others will read this and let us know if it works for them-it can be adjusted. I'll check out CB just to make sure it's not posted, etc.

8th ID

imported post

OK, HELLO, anybody out there???? I hope all had a great Memorial Day weekend. I did my cc class on Saturday-now it's just time to wait... Anyway, I will check Cracker Barrel on Winchester Road tomorrow, just to check for postings, etc. Hopefully everybody who was gung ho on this meeting in the past week will chime in whether or not they will be able to attend. THE MEET: Saturday, May 30th at noon, Cracker Barrel off Winchester Road in Lexington. I thought we could all plan to park in the back row so we could meet, etc. before going in. How does that sound? If anyone from outside Lex. needs directions, please let me know.

spioi

imported post

we have an OC meeting in SW ohio every month. we're planning on getting booths at public events like fairs and such. getting power point presentations in the works for public education, fliers and gonna make a banner for our booth. we have 5 ppl so far. our goal is to educate about OC and let them know the positive aspects and shoot down the negative beliefs about OC. we don't plan on catering to any gun show crowds, but ppl who generally wouldn't be directly exposed to the firearms scene. I'm new to this carry scene and it being summer there are other things I could devote my time to but I can afford 1 day a MONTH for such an important cause. If more states could get an OC education group together it would go a long way to gaining acceptance in society about OC as well as CC.

8th ID

imported post

Stopped by Cracker Barrel this a.m. No postings at all. Whoever is interested in meeting on the 30th please post...

Fred

imported post

Reserve me a spot I will be there rain shine. :celebrate

8th ID

imported post

catass wrote:
maybe call the media & get some cameras to cover the event? :lol:
I'm not sure about this. I don't believe the media would show up. And if they did and we drew possibly unwanted attention to our group it could make it easier to have an anti call and say that we were acting disorderly. After reading of many OC events here in KY and other states, I feel like our goal is to present ourselves as regular folks exercising our rights and just going to have some lunch. Anyone else want to comment on this?

zrukman

imported post

I agree with 8th ID. We don't want the media attention until we have a large event with 50+ people and lots of support. Heck...With Lexington's mediabeingso liberal, the mediawouldn't even giveour outing at CB a thought. They barely even reported on the tea partiesthat hadhundreds of people that attended.

Let's build support for our cause by letting average Americans see people with open firearms being responsible citizens exercising our rights. Most people have no idea that open carry is legal. A year ago I was one of them.

BTW - I'll be there Saturday with my boy and possibly with my wife and daughter. The boy will be packin' a cap gun, but he prefers CCrather than OC. I'll have to work on that.

Z

Fred

imported post

Feelings same here. Just want to get together, meet new people andhave a good time. :dude: