• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC outing in Lexington

langzaiguy

imported post

OK, can you all bring your wives? My wife is thinking about going but she doesn't want to be the only girl. Haha, see yall Saturday!

langzaiguy

imported post

Zruckman: glad you talked your wife in to going.

8th: Maybe once you get a final count you can show up a bit early to reserve seating? I don't think they take reservations. If you can't make it, I don't mind going ahead of time.

8th ID

imported post

langzaiguy wrote:
Zruckman: glad you talked your wife in to going.

8th: Maybe once you get a final count you can show up a bit early to reserve seating? I don't think they take reservations. If you can't make it, I don't mind going ahead of time.

MY wife and daughter are spending the weekend in Louiville with Grandma...

I don't mind going in and putting a number on a wait list.

8th ID

imported post

It's now Wednesday the 27th. Anyone who is planning to come on Saturday, please post so I can get a somewhat accurate count. I will try to go in and put my name on a list with a number of people which might cut down on the wait time...I may not be able to be on here again until late Friday night (work, dental work:cuss:and a wedding Friday night)

Even if you have previously posted that you intend to be there, please re-post after this post, which will make it easier to get a count...Thanks! And EVERYONE is welcome to come on Saturday!

Fred

imported post

8th ID wrote:
It's now Wednesday the 27th. Anyone who is planning to come on Saturday, please post so I can get a somewhat accurate count. I will try to go in and put my name on a list with a number of people which might cut down on the wait time...I may not be able to be on here again until late Friday night (work, dental work:cuss:and a wedding Friday night)

Even if you have previously posted that you intend to be there, please re-post after this post, which will make it easier to get a count...Thanks! And EVERYONE is welcome to come on Saturday!
LOL..........Fred, going!

Liberty4Ever

imported post

8th ID wrote:
Anyone who is planning to come on Saturday, please post so I can get a somewhat accurate count.
I think this is my 3rd "I'll be there" post. A friend and my brother are both maybes, so probably count them as one person for guestimation purposes.

BigBubba

imported post

:cry:doesnt look like i'll make it this month, just found out my neice's 12th birthday party is gonna be Sat at noon in Irvine .... hopefully yall are plannin on meeting once a month or so and i'll be able to go next time

thirdwatch2007

imported post

Hello all, Sorry for the dumb question but......Would it be okay if a 19 year old from Dayton Ohio be okay to attend? thanks

8th ID

imported post

thirdwatch2007 wrote:
Hello all, Sorry for the dumb question but......Would it be okay if a 19 year old from Dayton Ohio be okay to attend? thanks

Even though I started this thread, this OC outing is for anyone who wants to exercise his or her rights to carry openly in KY. As far as I'm concerned, all are welcome.

8th ID

imported post

I'll try to do a final count tonight. I thought it may make it easier for us to meet before going in-so, let's try to park near the back and meet first. I'm planning on being there at 11:45 and checking to see if there is a wait. If so, I'll put my name on the list and then come back out to meet others.

I'm a short guy, I wear glasses andwill be wearing jeans, a tan 8th ID Infantry cap and, oh yeah, a Glock 23 in a Blackhawk Serpa holster.

I'm not a gun snob, but the Glock works for me. I've found that everyone has a favorite firearm that works for them:cool:Looking forward to meeting some good people...

8th ID

imported post

Just a quick recap for some who may find this thread tonight- OC Meet and Greet at Cracker Barrel on Winchester Road in Lexington, KY at noon on Saturday May 30th.

I will be there at about 11:45 to see if there is a wait. If so, I will put my name on a list with a number of possibles. PLEASE park near the back so we can all park together and meet before we go in.

I'm a short guy; I wear glasses and will be wearing jeans and a tan 8th Infantry Division cap and also wearing a firearm...duh:D

Here is the list I have: 8th ID, langzaiguy(+1), KYshiner85(+1), zrukman(+1-2 or 3), liberty4ever(+1-2), spioi, gutshot, and possibly thirdwatch2007...I'll just say 14

Looking forward to meeting you all...

Anyone not on this list is welcome to show up...

BigBubba

imported post

wish i could be there.If it goes off without a hitch would anyone else consider makin this a monthly thing? I'd love to come next time if so.

:idea:This could bethe begining ofa Ky OCer's Club :celebrate

8th ID

imported post

BigBubba wrote:
wish i could be there.If it goes off without a hitch would anyone else consider makin this a monthly thing? I'd love to come next time if so.

I'm new to the OC way of life, and am optimistic about tomorrow-the only 'hitch' I see would only be one that is either unconstitutional or a Cracker Barrel manager who is an anti:shock:

How about the beginning of a Central KY OC Club? Wouldn't want to claim the whole state:what:... Sorry you can't make it, Bubba:cuss:

BigBubba

imported post

8th ID wrote:
BigBubba wrote:

I'm new to the OC way of life, and am optimistic about tomorrow-the only 'hitch' I see would only be one that is either unconstitutional or a Cracker Barrel manager who is an anti:shock:

How about the beginning of a Central KY OC Club? Wouldn't want to claim the whole state:what:... Sorry you can't make it, Bubba:cuss:
Central KY OC Club sounds good to me. And i didnt mean to imply a "hitch" sorry, jus bad choice of words, what i ment was if everyone has a good time maybe we could start getting togeather at the end of every month.

I'm new to OC too, couldnt find a holster for my old gun and just got my 1911 and holster to start carrying a couple days ago, was hoping to get togeather with some other people that do aswell, only actually seen 1 guy in lex carrying before i got mine.

My first day OCing, my brother and me went to get some service done on my truck just after we bought his new gun and holster and we were both OCing for the first time, got alot of looks, but the only comment was "Are you boys bounty hunters?" from one of the mechanics at Midas on New Circle rd, just off of winchester rd. Gotta say though, seemed like they were nicer than they usually are for some reason. Seems OCing gets ya a little more respect.