• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Members with Facebook Pages.

EM87

imported post

Smoothsounds21 wrote:
But just so we all have this straight. If any of us get pictures of another member at a OC picnic you guys don't want to be tagged or do you?

I would prefer not to be, unfortunately.

Yooper

imported post

Just sent a bunch of you "friend requests". Don't know if I got everyone. Most I put "opencarry.org poster" in it, but a few I forgot.

Also, not trying to offend/anger/P.O./ anyone, but why would you not want people to know you own guns and/or carry?

I can't think of anyone I know that doesn't know I own guns and/or carry. Although work policy is not to carry in the buidings, my boss know sometimes I've got a gun in the car.....heck, he's got one in his during hunting season.

If someone doesn't like that I carry and own guns, that's their problem, not mine.

JeffSayers

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, U
imported post

EM87 wrote:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=12116954&ref=name

To anyone who wants to be facebook friends with me, that's cool, but there's one rule: don't post anything on my wall or anywhere public about the fact that I own a gun. There are certain people who I do not want knowing. Thanks!
SO I can't OC if I visit you online?

KittyBomb

EM87

imported post

For those of you who are wondering what's up with me not wanting gun references on my facebook page, allow me to explain.

First of all, I do not care who knows that I own a gun(s). I like to promote the carrying of a firearm for self defense and will share my knowledge with anyone who is interested. That being said, there are two exceptions. Some of you may not agree with this, and that's fine.

The two exceptions are my parents. They help me pay for school and might threaten to take away that luxury if they knew that I own a gun. The reason I don't want gun references on my facebook page is because it's too easy for them to see. Tracking back to this site is harder if they don't have a reason to do so.

Some might argue that I should not do what my parents say they don't want me to do (carry/own a handgun). I view it as, I have a CPL and the degree of maturity that is necessary to do so, and I want to have the ability to defend myself. My day-to-day safety is more important to me than my parent's wishes for me not to have a gun.

This is by no means an exhaustive account of my views and my parent's views on this subject. If you're the judging type, at least ask me for all the information before you decide that I'm just a rebellious kid.

I hope you all understand.

jvanhorn

imported post

Have you explored this situation with your parents? Maybe they aren't as hard about this as you think.

I don't really want to criticize, but it seems a little bit two-faced, to, on one hand, accept the handouts from your parents, and on the other, to assert your independence.

But then, I'm 53 years old, and my children are still trying to spend my retirement. I'm sure I have a very biased opinion of such situations! :)