• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Questions for Gubernatorial Candidates

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
The other candidates have all been invited personally to come to this forum and none of them have made the effort.
That all by itself makes me steer towards Mr. Todd, and if his words above ring true he has my support. If he ends up being endorsed by the LP or RLC, it would be evenbetter.

scorpio_vette

imported post

I hope i won't put my foot in my mouth with what i'm about to say. LOL

thank you Mark Todd for signing up here and asking for our support. I've always been of the opinion that making it illegal or difficult to carry firearms just put more power into the criminals hands as they will carry regardless if it's legal or illegal. but how are law abiding citizens supposed to protect themselves if we get in trouble for defending ourself???

I have already read enough to peak my interest in following your progress and show my support in whichever way I can. Up until recently I have supported the right to own guns AND carry, but personally never quite felt the need to. Unfortunately the criminals have changed my mind for me, as i have had my property burglarized 2 times now in the past 6months costing me in excess of nearly $20,000. And what's worse is that my wife and 6month old child where in the house sleeping while this happened.

After a situation like that, how am I not supposed to fear for the safety of my family??? How do i know if next time they won't enter into my house and endanger my wife and child??? Or what would have happened if any one of us would have left the house or come home during the time of the burglary??? Would I currently still be alive to read and write this had I walked in on the criminals???

Sad to say I also know to many people who's friends, family members or even wifes have been raped in relatively public areas. Such criminal activities could very well have been prevented or stopped if people had the right to defend themselves.

I for one would like the right to protect my wife and child, and look forward to being able to USE my freedom and rights that my wife fought in the army for. Doesn't it seem a bit backwards that our soldiers are overseas fighting for THEIR COUNTRY, THEIR RIGHTS, THEIR FREEDOMS and OUR FREEDOMS, yet when they return home they are not allowed the RIGHT/FREEDOM that they just fought for with their life's???

Personally i'm of the opinion, better to carry and never need it, then to need it and not have it.

I hope to be able to continue living the rest of my life without ever having to defend my wife or child against gun violence, but would really hate the day that I loose one of them because I DID NOT HAVE THE MEANS OF PROTECTING THEM.

Again,.........THANK YOU for your support, and look forward to you helping us have a SAFER home.

32HR MAG

imported post

Mark Todd wrote:
Hello Jim,

As your future governor my desire is to make Wisconsin one of the top 5 states

to live in, in regards to our Constitutional Second Amendment rights.

The Second Amendment states, "A well regulated militia being necessary to the

security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be

infringed." This ammendment protects our right to keep and bear arms from

infringement by the federal goverment.

1) Open Carry in Wisconsin. Answer: I am all for it.

2) Concealed Carry in Wisconsin. Answer: I am all for it.

3) The unconstitutional transportation laws (concerning fire arms) in the state of WI.

Answer: I am not for anything that is unconstitutional.

4) The unconstitutional School Zone Restiction Laws (concerning fire arms) in the

state of WI. Answer: I am not for anything that is unconstitutional.

5) A No Compromise Concealed carry/Open Carry non-permitted system in Wisconsin.

Answer:Yes, I am for it. Exceptions would be:mental illness, violent felons (rape, battery, assault, substance abuse, murder, etc.) I also believe we would need guidelines for children.

note: I included "etc." in case I missed something obvious--I do notbelieve inunreasonable exceptions here.

An example of how I think?

If a woman wants to go for a run in theevening or early morning,would a rapist think twice if that woman had a loaded gunon her hip? If a armed robber wanted to rob a store owner and saw the store owner with a loaded gun on his hip would the robber think twice? I believewhen law-abiding adult citizens (of right mind) are protected; society will be a safer place to live. Studies have actually shown that.

I saw parts of Doug's movie and it is obvious to me that we need to make changes

tothe WI statutes 941 & 167so that our Second Amendment rights are not

being violated.

All the Best!

Mark Todd

http://www.marktoddforgovernor.com

Thank You Mark Todd for answering the questions and stating your thoughts.But it makes me scratch my bald head and say "Ah what about the fact that in WI. law we already have restrictions on firearms and the mentally ill,felons and children.I guess my question is "Are you looking to make more laws or restrictions ?

apierce918

imported post

32HR MAG wrote: Thank You Mark Todd for answering the questions and stating your thoughts.But it makes me scratch my bald head and say "Ah what about the fact that in WI. law we already have restrictions on firearms and the mentally ill,felons and children.I guess my question is "Are you looking to make more laws or restrictions ?

I cant speak for him, but i dont think he meant that at all... i think he just wants to be clear, that he is all for everyone being able to carry, but he doesnt want it taking in the context that eleven year old's and felons are to be included as "everyone".

hence his line "carry openly or concealed as long as you have the legal ability to own or possess a firearm"

can we get rid of the bs 48 hour waiting period? (i'm originally from MI where unfortunately i had to register... they call it safety inspection... lol... but i could go in, pick out my gun, and walk out with it) if someone is going to commit a crime out of "anger".. (imagine that) why not say "oh... i have to wait 2 days for a pistol, but you will give me the AR, or shotgun now.. ok"

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

32HR MAG wrote:
"Are you looking to make more laws or restrictions ?
I think he has been very clear here that you can open carry or ccw as long as you are legally able to do so. He has mentioned abandoning the frivolous laws that we have now such as the transportation laws and the school zone laws.

IMHO, That doesn't sound like making more to me.

We all need to stop talkin the talk and start walkin the walk. We need to get behind a candidate and get busy.......and start today. There isn't much time.

I have placed another call in to both Walker and Nuemann. Yet still no response.

scorpio_vette

imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
32HR MAG wrote:
"Are you looking to make more laws or restrictions ?
I think he has been very clear here that you can open carry or ccw as long as you are legally able to do so. He has mentioned abandoning the frivolous laws that we have now such as the transportation laws and the school zone laws.

IMHO, That doesn't sound like making more to me.

We all need to stop talkin the talk and start walkin the walk. We need to get behind a candidate and get busy.......and start today. There isn't much time.

I have placed another call in to both Walker and Nuemann. Yet still no response.

so how do we walk the walk???

sorry not trying to sound like a smart ass, but i generally don't often follow politics, much less participate. but this has gotten my interest. somebody that's actually making promises that sound realistic, might end up doing more good than just in this one specific subject.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

scorpio_vette wrote:
so how do we walk the walk???
We need to get behind this guy and support him. We need to essentially campaign for this guy. That means signs in the yard, handing out information as well as OCDO pamphlets.

Invite him to our events. ( I realize he is busy with GOP events and will not be able to attend everything he is invited too.)

We need to help him state wide. Have his signs there when we have an event so the media can see them.

All of us as individuals could contribute to his campaign ( If you can afford it).

IMHO, this guy is the closest to Ron Paul as we can get.

Walker and Nuemann couldn't beat Doyle in the last election, I don't think it will be much different for them this time around even if Doyle isn't running.

Spread the word!

Yooper

imported post

Even though I'm not a WI resident, and can't afford to financially contribute, I'll spread the word to those I know in WI.

Personally, I'd like to see some way in which I can legally carry in/through WI. Whether that means a CCW system w/ reciprocity (good), or a AK/VT style (best) law, it frustrates me when I can carry for 2 hrs, then have to unload for 2 hrs to drive from Ironwood, MI to Duluth, MN then can reload.

Heck, the state my get some added tourism dollars from me. I usually get gas in MI, and don't have to spend a dime in WI, and can fill up when needed in MN.
I haven't been to the GB area in 15+ years, and would like to go there but I see no reason since MN will recognize my permit.

32HR MAG

imported post

I agree that this guy sounds good for us in Wisconsin.I just don't like surprises.Until someone else comes along that will change my mind ,he will get my vote.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

32HR MAG wrote:
I agree that this guy sounds good for us in Wisconsin.I just don't like surprises.Until someone else comes along that will change my mind ,he will get my vote.
Mark, You have my vote.:) Hope you and your family are able to make my little Back Yard OC BAR-B-Q

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

The question he answers from Kelanthony, he says this country is made from people who have came out of the private section and served their state or country and then went back to the private sector..... sounds like.........MARK TODD!

Does this mean Nuemann supports Mark Todd?

:lol:

He also says he is not a politician. Isn't he a former Congressman?

Otherwise it is the same ole answer for the open carry question.

"My family is a big hunting family."

What does that tell you?

More of the same!

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
The question he answers from Kelanthony, he says this country is made from people who have came out of the private section and served their state or country and then went back to the private sector..... sounds like.........MARK TODD!

Does this mean Nuemann supports Mark Todd?

:lol:

He also says he is not a politician. Isn't he a former Congressman?

What does that tell you?

More of the same!

yup, he will be more of the same, just because he's a republican don't mean anything, Tommy Thompson was a Rep, and he did not support Concealed carry, GOD FORBID Tommy Thompson runs again :(, he has stated he is thinking about it.

Mark Todd has already answered my Gun questions, and has passed with flying colors, so he gets my vote.:) I just hope he makes it as far as the actual vote in late 2010.

I just donated $ 50.00 to Mark Todds election run.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

There will be an upcoming event. I believe it will be in Appleton and everyone who supports OC, CCW, and the 2nd Amendment is invited to attend.

Mark Todd will be making the thread and posting the info.

He needs our support and 100,000 votes to make it into the primary.

Lets get him there so we can bring on the changes we need in this state!

I hope every member of this site and all of the other gun rights sites show up at this event.

Not only will it get media attention state wide it will probably get attention Nation wide as well.

He is hoping for 200 to 600 people or more to attend. I know it will be a closed bar so there will be no alcohol sold there and therfore OC will be allowed.

He is also having live entertainment.

He will be answering questions and is excited about meeting everyone.

This is what we have been waiting for lets make it happen!

apierce918

imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
There will be an upcoming event. I believe it will be in Appleton and everyone who supports OC, CCW, and the 2nd Amendment is invited to attend.

I hope every member of this site and all of the other gun rights sites show up at this event.

Not only will it get media attention state wide it will probably get attention Nation wide as well.

He is hoping for 200 to 600 people or more to attend. I know it will be a closed bar so there will be no alcohol sold there and therfore OC will be allowed.

Now THAT is something i will make sure i get to! sounds great, (especially so close to me :))

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

apierce918 wrote:
J.Gleason wrote:

Now THAT is something i will make sure i get to! sounds great, (especially so close to me :))
All I need is a when& where:D, I will so drive down for this. Make sure we all bring an extra $ 20.00 or more to donate to the MARK TODDVICTORY FUND.

Woodchuck

imported post

J.Gleason wrote:

What does that tell you?

More of the same!

Well put. I have many friends and acquaintances that are hunters and NRA members but totally against my "activism" and exercising my rights to openly carry a firearm.

Just because he's a hunter doesn't mean he backs open or concealed carry.