• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NC OC experience reports

G22shooter

Campaign Veteran
Getting a bite to eat with my GF's daughter at Chick-fil-a. It's a busy store, including two Concord PD officers. No hassles; no comments.

Wally world is the next destination. Maybe they will have some ammo!

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jamesm760

Thanks! I was going to go for a Glock 19 Gen. 4, but when I held it the grip didn't feel right. However, in my personal opinion when I shot one this weekend it was pretty solid. I'm really trying to shoot a lot of different manufacturer's just to see what's out there. I love my PX4, and it travels with me everywhere I go!

I felt the same way. When I held the G23 Gen 3, I hated it. Then i held the G23 Gen4... HEAVEN!! Now im going to get the XDM 5.25 Competition 9mm bi-tone :banana:

Yea best thing to do is hit the range and rent some guns.

covi

the owner of where i work dose not allow people to carry. he is ok with it staying in my car. when i have to leave it in my car i don't leave the magazine in it…stays in my pocket.

the passenger in my car could have cared less about gun rights. he would be better off in ny where there stripping you of a all of your rights.

solus

sat in my dentist's chair for over an hour while the dentist did their thing...finally the dental assistant asked what type of caliber i was carrying...and we had a good conversation as well as clarifying her storage practices at home w/her pistol (she has children and keeps the pistol loaded in a bedroom dresser drawer)

working on scheduling a date w/her and her partner to go to the local range over the holidays...

ipse

solus

while sitting in Wendy's in Mt Olive and in walked a young (< 21) OC'g, nodded and went back to finishing my lunch.

forgot, in Wilson's harris tetters and the lady behind the desert case asked what kinda gun is that and we chatted, gave her site info and hopefully she will start to carry.

ipse

Last edited:

covi

vet office with my dog today. vet tech was shocked that i had a gun… then went to bed bath and beyond and the lady ringing me out said it was nice to see someone carrying a gun and that her husband dose it all of the time. she said he tries to get her to but she won't. i explained why i did and all that. she then said if **** starts to hit the fan then she will.

REDFIVE48

At the builders today, delivery guy came in and saw the glock. When I went outside to leave, we called me over to ask if I was a cop, since I said no asked if I get weird looks or hassle because of it. Said most people don't notice and those that do are usually just curious. He is excited to start carrying, damn forgot to mention this site to him, was cold out and wife wanted to leave.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Last edited:

lpb8733

Went to Home Depot to exchange some stuff and then to Mighty Dollar, both in Hendersonville.
Nothing was said, at least that I'm aware of, and no 2nd looks - although I was with my wife and 3 girls ranging in age from 9-13.

solus

baha...visited the smithville outlet mall w/o incident. Visited Harry & Dave and bought some snacks and went to Zales where the older sales person stepped back from the counter and a young lady "K" immediately offered to help and walked me through the store entertaining my every whim as i looked at all the bling trying to decide on what to buy the significant other for our upcoming anniversary. As i was checking out, "K" asked what type of firearm i was carrying and we engaged in quite the conversation for about 25 minutes.

gave her the forum link and asked her and her BF to come out and say hello in the near future.

ipse

FastWReX

Tindol Subaru (Gastonia)

Went into Tindol Subaru in Gastonia (not completely sure if the company is OC friendly, but I definitely know the Service Manager Mike is...not to mention when I worked there, I always ran into people that left guns in the car) today to chat with my former co-workers. I happened to notice a guy buying a new WRX, so I naturally went over to talk to him (I own a WRX and consider it my baby). We chatted about the car for awhile, and then he noticed that I was OCing with my Beretta PX4. He asked if I was an officer, and I said "No, I'm simply a law abiding citizen." After that we started talking and turns out he has a Benelli shotgun, which I began to drool over inside my head. A few moments later he said that he often OC's on his property with a shoulder holster and he wished that he could OC like I was. It was that moment right there that I had that "this is the chance to inform a him that he can do it too". I told him that it's completely legal under the 2nd Amendment, and it was our right as citizens. He was really enthusiastic, so I told him to stay put so I could run back to the car and pull out the NC OC Flyer. I gave him one and said to definitely read over that and to check out OCOD. Over all it was a very non-threatening conversation and he was really impressed. I consider it a very good "win"! After chatting about all the regulations and such, we parted ways. We both left with a hardy hand shake and smile on our face.

Go ahead, rip it a part and critique it. LOL

I've been really trying to gradually get used to OCing all the time, but I'm still a little shy about it. I've also noticed that when I am doing it, my situational awareness is really heightened.

Anywho, cheers everyone!

Last edited:

carolina guy

Went into Tindol Subaru in Gastonia (not completely sure if the company is OC friendly, but I definitely know the Service Manager Mike is...not to mention when I worked there, I always ran into people that left guns in the car) today to chat with my former co-workers. I happened to notice a guy buying a new WRX, so I naturally went over to talk to him (I own a WRX and consider it my baby). We chatted about the car for awhile, and then he noticed that I was OCing with my Beretta PX4. He asked if I was an officer, and I said "No, I'm simply a law abiding citizen." After that we started talking and turns out he has a Benelli shotgun, which I began to drool over inside my head. A few moments later he said that he often OC's on his property with a shoulder holster and he wished that he could OC like I was. It was that moment right there that I had that "this is the chance to inform a him that he can do it too". I told him that it's completely legal under the 2nd Amendment, and it was our right as citizens. He was really enthusiastic, so I told him to stay put so I could run back to the car and pull out the NC OC Flyer. I gave him one and said to definitely read over that and to check out OCOD. Over all it was a very non-threatening conversation and he was really impressed. I consider it a very good "win"! After chatting about all the regulations and such, we parted ways. We both left with a hardy hand shake and smile on our face.

Go ahead, rip it a part and critique it. LOL

I've been really trying to gradually get used to OCing all the time, but I'm still a little shy about it. I've also noticed that when I am doing it, my situational awareness is really heightened.

Anywho, cheers everyone!

If I were to nitpick, I would mention that NC OC is based upon the NC Constitution and NC Supreme Court cases, along with a lack of prohibitive legislation. ;)

Otherwise, good work and congrats!

Bahabandit

baha...visited the smithville outlet mall w/o incident. Visited Harry & Dave and bought some snacks and went to Zales where the older sales person stepped back from the counter and a young lady "K" immediately offered to help and walked me through the store entertaining my every whim as i looked at all the bling trying to decide on what to buy the significant other for our upcoming anniversary. As i was checking out, "K" asked what type of firearm i was carrying and we engaged in quite the conversation for about 25 minutes.

gave her the forum link and asked her and her BF to come out and say hello in the near future.

ipse

I have seen a few people on here that have had no problem with carrying there. I guess I got singled out because I was "highly visible" due to my monsterous size FNX-45 hanging off one side and two magazines on the other.

solus

I have seen a few people on here that have had no problem with carrying there. I guess I got singled out because I was "highly visible" due to my monsterous size FNX-45 hanging off one side and two magazines on the other.

give me 24 hours notice and holler when you wish to do a day trip this way and well toddle over together and present good examples for the citizens visiting the outlet mall.

care to join us Ron or any others?

ipse

lpb8733

Ran some errands in town (Hendersonville) today, OC'ing my Glock. Stopped by Advance auto, wound up talking to the one of the guys at the counter for a while - forgot his name, but he was pro 2A.
Followed by trips to Aldi and Grocery Outlet, where no one seemed to notice or care, despite the crowds.

FastWReX

Went last minute shopping with my fiancé. Was able to OC at Walmart (Belmont), Gander Mountain (Gastonia), and Best Buy (Gastonia) with no problems. No even a single word or odd stare. Great day! Now, we are heading to the mall :( Can't OC at the Eastridge Mall in Gastonia to my knowledge.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Bahabandit

give me 24 hours notice and holler when you wish to do a day trip this way and well toddle over together and present good examples for the citizens visiting the outlet mall.

care to join us Ron or any others?

ipse

Will do. It will be after the new year.

Bahabandit

If the guy that was OC'ing in Jacksonville at the Carmike Cinema's last night is on here, I was there also. Tried to give you a hollar but you dipped out of Anchorman 2 before I could catch you. Might have been a unicorn sighting.

solus

at oh dark thirty was at RDU's Sheetz gas station and watched two young men dressed in jeans and Ts climb out of a big black truck both OC's one a lefty and the other right, we nodded and continued to fill up our vehicles.

on the way home, Tacoma decided to throw an engine light so once i got back to goldsboro, visited the Toyota dealership to have them check it out. Nice service tech awoke me in front of the tv to have me pay $50 to be told i had a plug wire fail on cyclinder 3, and lo and behold was a goldsboro police sgt standing behind the area i was resting in 'chewing the fat' with the parts dept staff and watching the tv viewing area where i was sitting. As i was paying, he walked out into the service bay, i walked around him climbed into my Tacoma and carefully backed up out of the small parking space i was left as he was parked right behind me.

not sure he was called or what but will be curious to see if the dealership posts signage in the near future...

off to replace the plug wires...

ipse

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
at oh dark thirty was at RDU's Sheetz gas station and watched two young men dressed in jeans and Ts climb out of a big black truck both OC's one a lefty and the other right, we nodded and continued to fill up our vehicles.

on the way home, Tacoma decided to throw an engine light so once i got back to goldsboro, visited the Toyota dealership to have them check it out. Nice service tech awoke me in front of the tv to have me pay $50 to be told i had a plug wire fail on cyclinder 3, and lo and behold was a goldsboro police sgt standing behind the area i was resting in 'chewing the fat' with the parts dept staff and watching the tv viewing area where i was sitting. As i was paying, he walked out into the service bay, i walked around him climbed into my Tacoma and carefully backed up out of the small parking space i was left as he was parked right behind me.

not sure he was called or what but will be curious to see if the dealership posts signage in the near future...

off to replace the plug wires...

ipse

Checking engine codes is not difficult. Mine even show which cylinder has what problem.