• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NC OC experience reports

FastWReX

Is it me, or do most people act really nice when you OC? Out of the people that have said something, none were bad. Just a thought to keep this thread going again.

Oh yeah, I've been OCing at the Walmart in Cherryville, NC. Not a single word has been said. It definitely makes me feel better going out at 12 AM to get a space heater when your heat goes out and it's 7 degrees outside (yes, this happened last night). :(

solus

well visited a doctor today OC'g and engaged the entire staff, with discussion on OC'g concepts in the Tarheel State.

upon completion of my examination the doctor and i continued talking firearms and OC'g concepts for over an hour. I passed this site's addy so hopefully he will come out and catch up on the benefits of OC'g

ipse

G22shooter

Campaign Veteran
well visited a doctor today OC'g and engaged the entire staff, with discussion on OC'g concepts in the Tarheel State.

upon completion of my examination the doctor and i continued talking firearms and OC'g concepts for over an hour. I passed this site's addy so hopefully he will come out and catch up on the benefits of OC'g

ipse

Excellent report. Based on reports of medical office personnel asking patients if they own/possess firearms, I haven't carried openly at the doctor. Concealed has been my method of choice.

I may get up the nerve to try OC, next time.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Tylerfranklin94

19 years old and I open carry my taurus millennium pro 45 ACP just about everywhere I go in NC (specifically the wilmington area.) haven't had any issues yet and surprisingly quite a few people ask me about it. Gives me the chance to educate others on our 2nd amendment rights. Carry on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jamesm760

Wtf??

I went to the wally world in Charlotte that is located on Monroe Rd. today... I wasn't looking for ammo but every time I'm at wally world I always have to wonder into that area and walk out with some. (don't know if it's just me that has this problem)

but anyway, I see some 22LR, buy it, and the associate ringing me up noticed I was carrying. So then he asked what kind of Glock it was, I say it's a 23. He asked if I had the different barrels for it, and I said yes I shoot 9mm and 357 sig out of it.

He then asked "can you take out and let me see it?"....

I responded by saying, "NOOOOooOooOoooooOOOOooooooo, no no no no. The only time I remove it from the holster is when I'm going to fire it or when I'm going to clean it at home. I would never unholster in public."

QUESTION: HAS ANYONE EVER BEEN ASKED THIS SAME QUESTION BY A RANDOM STRANGER???? :banghead:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I went to the wally world in Charlotte that is located on Monroe Rd. today... I wasn't looking for ammo but every time I'm at wally world I always have to wonder into that area and walk out with some. (don't know if it's just me that has this problem)

but anyway, I see some 22LR, buy it, and the associate ringing me up noticed I was carrying. So then he asked what kind of Glock it was, I say it's a 23. He asked if I had the different barrels for it, and I said yes I shoot 9mm and 357 sig out of it.

He then asked "can you take out and let me see it?"....

I responded by saying, "NOOOOooOooOoooooOOOOooooooo, no no no no. The only time I remove it from the holster is when I'm going to fire it or when I'm going to clean it at home. I would never unholster in public."

QUESTION: HAS ANYONE EVER BEEN ASKED THIS SAME QUESTION BY A RANDOM STRANGER???? :banghead:
With some, the space between their ears is only to keep their ears from bumping into each other.

At least it was a positive dumb question :p

jtitus07

Ran into another OCer in Goldsboro Lowes Saturday night. Said the basic hellos and good to see another OCer etc, but didn't really talk to him as he was busy with his kids and a buddy.

covi

walamart the other night. ran into two guys ocing. talked guns for prob 30 minutes. mentioned the site. i make my rounds there once or twice a week looking for ammo. they actually had 9mm. local gun shops are proud of what they have. anyways. conversation went well with both of them. another guy at the gun cabinet said he would follow our leads and carry next time.

FastWReX

I was at my apartment doing my usual thing, when I noticed 4 Gaston County squad cars parked outside. I was obviously curious as to what was going on, but only a few moments later I would see a neighbor being taken away in cuffs. I had some trash to throw out, so I decided to just take it out anyway. As soon as I got out the door, one of the LEO's greeted me with a big "Hey, what's going on?!?". Mind you, he said this as if we were friends (very friendly and polite). I told him I had just moved in and was heading to throw out some old boxes. I definitely noticed that he look directly at my Beretta, and then he simply started talking about how he hates moving and that he hopes he never moves again. We both conversed for a few minutes and then I went back inside. A very good interaction, and all the LEO's that were there didn't hassle me or say anything about my OCing...then again I think it helps that my other neighbors are LEO's as well. LOL

P.S. I also carried into Tommy's Drive-In off of Rt. 321 last night. Nothing said or mentioned, I doubt they even saw. However, they have AMAZING burgers and hot dogs...so if you're in the Gaston County / Dallas, NC area definitely stop over there!

Last edited:

ron73440

Been a while since I posted here, while shopping at the Nuese Sports Shop in Kinston, my wife and I saw two other OC'ers, one more in the Sportsman Toystore in New Bern.

Nothing surprising there, but we went to Bojangles in New Bern and saw another OC'er there, my wife actually said"Maybe you're not crazy, since it's not just you."

This was a couple weeks ago and I'm not the type to go up to other people so I left them alone.

For new places, I've also been to the Big Apple Pizza in Havelock and Highway 55 in New Bern and nothing was said, still lovin' OC in NC.

Also in New Bern's Chic-Fil-A, two New Bern cops(both Female) were eating right by the door to the restroom. I was nervous because they were female and was thinking to myself trying to figure out why when my wife said"I'm worried those cops will bother you".

I said "Why, you've seen me around cops before and she said "Yeah, but these are female!"

I laughed and told her what I was thinking so that got her going on me being a typical man, afraid of women, so I countered with the "I know you are, but what am I?" defense.

All in all it was instant comedy for both of us, but when I went to the restroom, one of the cops glanced at me and that was the extent of our contact.

Boring OC is good!

Last edited:

MyBHP

Had to go into the Porter's Neck Medac yesterday in Wilmington for a sinus infection. I was OC'ing my new Springfield 45. Several saw me carrying but no comments made by the doctor or any of the staff. Left there and then went by Walgreen's to fill a script with no hassle.

solus

went to papa john's in goldsboro and asked if i could order a pizza and was told, 'as long as you don't shoot me!, i smiled and ordered the pies and as i was leaving, we got into a discussion w/the counter folk about open carry (and this site) and it was quite humorous to watch their jaws drop when they discovered they didn't need a CHP to carry their firearm with them...

ipse

Bahabandit

Ipse while you are talking about pizza, I work part time at Dominos in Richlands delivering pizzas. They have a strict no firearms policy for people that are on the clock. I walked in the other night with my 45 on my side to check my schedule and the area manager was there and she about pooped a brick. I told her I was not on the clock and she shut up. She has a Obama/Biden sitcker on her car, Surprise, Surprise...

WalkingWolf

Ipse while you are talking about pizza, I work part time at Dominos in Richlands delivering pizzas. They have a strict no firearms policy for people that are on the clock. I walked in the other night with my 45 on my side to check my schedule and the area manager was there and she about pooped a brick. I told her I was not on the clock and she shut up. She has a Obama/Biden sitcker on her car, Surprise, Surprise...

About ten years ago I bowled with a Dominoes Manager. We had the discussion about firearms while delivering, she said if she had to deliver she would carry. That employees in their own vehicle should do what they need, and Keep Their Big Mouth Shut. You can't be arrested for carrying on the job, only fired. IMO fired is better than dead.

solus

on the way home from Greenville coming down 13. glanced down and discerned i was just about out of gas so pulled into one of the mart businesses which had three pumps. this was a misnomer as one pump was missing it's hose while another had a plastic bag wrapped around the handle. the final pump required i go inside to pay before i pump.

no problem...or so i thought

got to the door is a gun buster sign...crap, walked back to the vehicle and left it inside and walked back to pay for gas.

finished pumping, went back inside and chatted with the young man and older gentleman behind the counter...

hey why the no gun sign?

'oh there has been multiple robberies at other stores in the area'

needless to say a 20 min conversation ensued with the result both are going to seek out a firearm course so they gain the confidence to appropriately handle a firearm they finally felt the sign would come down and perhaps open carry by staff would be the way to continue with the operation of this family run business. :banana:

what they do not know is i will follow through with a visit next week to see if the conversation sunk in.

ipse

Last edited:

Jamesm760

on the way home from Greenville coming down 13. glanced down and discerned i was just about out of gas so pulled into one of the mart businesses which had three pumps. this was a misnomer as one pump was missing it's hose while another had a plastic bag wrapped around the handle. the final pump required i go inside to pay before i pump.

no problem...or so i thought

got to the door is a gun buster sign...crap, walked back to the vehicle and left it inside and walked back to pay for gas.

finished pumping, went back inside and chatted with the young man and older gentleman behind the counter...

hey why the no gun sign?

'oh there has been multiple robberies at other stores in the area'

needless to say a 20 min conversation ensued with the result both are going to seek out a firearm course so they gain the confidence to appropriately handle a firearm they finally felt the sign would come down and perhaps open carry by staff would be the way to continue with the operation of this family run business. :banana:

what they do not know is i will follow through with a visit next week to see if the conversation sunk in.

ipse

Excellent!! Thank you for not going into detail of that 20minute convo, though it would have been interesting to hear you converting them since they started with 'oh there has been multiple robberies at other stores in the area' ... lol silly wabbits

Bahabandit

About ten years ago I bowled with a Dominoes Manager. We had the discussion about firearms while delivering, she said if she had to deliver she would carry. That employees in their own vehicle should do what they need, and Keep Their Big Mouth Shut. You can't be arrested for carrying on the job, only fired. IMO fired is better than dead.

I keep my Taurus Judge tucked away in my truck when I deliver for dogs and other hairy situations. But I won't tell them that. I am doing it part time to pay for my "hobbies".