• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

South Sound OC Report........

cpgrad08

Oced at Burs yesterday. Had a fun a chat about guns with
Concealed carry there. Loved the prime rib there.
Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

SeattleWingsfan

This isn't a report about open carry being ok or frowned upon. But I want to share.

My girlfriend had a craving for pancakes at 11:45 when she got home from work saturday night. So we jumped in the car and headed to Denny down the street in Lakewood. We sat down and ordered and it was very slow in the resturant side. 2 couples besides us. Halfway through eating, a 5-10, 260 pound guy walks past us over to the table right behind my girlfriend and smashes the peoples glass and food up against the wall with a big swing. Yelling explatives about the guy being there with his wife while he was at work. the guy and lady in the booth remained calm while waitresses ran over and started yelling at the guy that "you can't do that in here!" The guy kept yelling and then walked out saying I'll be waiting for you outside... explative. 5 minutes later three lakewood cars roll into the parking lot. Come in and take statements from the couple. Then left to look for him. We quickly left, my girlfriend didn't want to be there incase he came back with a gun.

Moral of the story when we went to Denny at near midnight, something like this was the last thing on my mind. I could see it unfolding just by the way the guy walked in. Had he pulled a weapon or started a fight, we would have been right next to it. You never know what's going to happen when you leave the house.

Last edited:

decklin

Saturday the Wife & I went up 165 towards Mowich Lake. The road is open to vehicles for the first 11 miles. We parked at the gate then hiked the rest of the way through the snow. It was about 10 miles round trip. It was a nice little hike with beautiful scenery. It is in Mount Rainier National Park. At the entrance to the park is a sign I posted a picture of in the past that reads, "Firearms Restricted". At the gate/parking lot is another sign which reads "Possession of Firearms Prohibited". Guess they haven't gotten around to fixing it yet.

On Sunday my Wife and I were celebrating our First Date Anniversary. 4 years since we met.
Oc'd to Walmart, Bed, Bath & Beyond, Sam's Club, and the Starbucks where we first met. Then grabbed some food at the China House in Auburn.

All in all it was a fantastic weekend.

Munkey Butt

OC'ed around the lackey area, winco, cabelas, rc hobbies, super buffet in hawks prairie. Then up to Surplus Arms, no issues other than a few nervous looks from the patrons at the super buffet.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Coward

I have a Japanese Exchange student visiting, and we went to see the new "Red Dawn" at the Regal 16 in Lacey. To avoid any hassle I actually carried my full sized 1911 concealed. I feel like such a coward, this is the first time I have ever concealed. As I type this I am wearing semi-dress clothes, but OC'ing my 1911 in my house while preparing thanksgiving dinner. I am trying to ease the student into a 2nd Amendment culture. Hopefully it will lead to actually lead to taking him shooting.

Freedom1Man

I have a Japanese Exchange student visiting, and we went to see the new "Red Dawn" at the Regal 16 in Lacey. To avoid any hassle I actually carried my full sized 1911 concealed. I feel like such a coward, this is the first time I have ever concealed. As I type this I am wearing semi-dress clothes, but OC'ing my 1911 in my house while preparing thanksgiving dinner. I am trying to ease the student into a 2nd Amendment culture. Hopefully it will lead to actually lead to taking him shooting.

I took a Japanese exchange teacher shooting one year. She had a fun, she said she had never fired a gun before and that it was not as bad as she had thought it would be.

Beancooker

Great Thread

I have been lurking this thread since earlier this summer. It's a great wealth of info, and I am glad it has been reopened. I rarely OC, but CC daily. My wife is uncomfortable with OC. She immigrated here from Korea, and as golddigger mentioned, it is something I will have to ease her into. I at least have been able to get her to the range, and she really enjoys it. Glad to be part of the forum. I'll shut up now and let the thread get back on topic.

Last edited:

Freedom1Man

I have been lurking this thread since earlier this summer. It's a great wealth of info, and I am glad it has been reopened. I rarely OC, but CC daily. My wife is uncomfortable with OC. She immigrated here from Korea, and as golddigger mentioned, it is something I will have to ease her into. I at least have been able to get her to the range, and she really enjoys it. Glad to be part of the forum. I'll shut up now and let the thread get back on topic.

In Korea they have military check points, so the only think I can think of is that she is not used to civilians carrying guns yet.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran

Welcome to OCDO! Hope you can make one of the many meet ups!

EMNofSeattle

When and where do you guys meet up?

There's one that's always on the second saturday of each month in Federal Way at

2032 South 320th Street
Federal Way

Starts at 9 if I remember right

Then there's one that occurs in Olympia on the second sunday of each month, starts at noon I believe
At a starbucks, don't know which one

and we in Kitsap County meet irregularily at Hideaway Cafe in Port Orchard, we're thinking about making it a regular meet up but that hasn't been decided yet so pay attention to WA sub forum for any threads that advertise one.

Welcome to OCDO! enjoy your time here! this is the best online forum I know of.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Recently....

Office Depot in Federal Way. Stopped in a couple of times in the last week for some misc things. Good customer service and the firearm is a non issue.

Harbor Freight in Federal Way. Been in a few times in the last couple of weeks, been trying to build a new tool set for cheap for my tent trailer, so I have been coupon shopping with great success. No issues with the firearm. Love Harbor Freight.

compmanio365

Tuesday had to run a few errands, went to the Dollar Tree down from the house first, had a gentleman walk by and said "That's great, good for you"....said thanks then he proceeded to ask me about carrying in a car. Gave him the rundown on having to have the CPL to carry loaded, etc. Was a transplant from CO so didn't know our laws over here and was looking to start carrying. Real nice and had a good conversation.

Went to the K-Mart and couldn't find a thing I was looking for, so I went next door to the UPS/Fedex store to get a box to mail my KelTec in; sat there chatting with the nice lady behind the counter for a while, nothing said about the gun but she kept looking at it....she seemed nervous at first but seemed to lose the anxiety as we chatted. Not bad looking either LOL.....

All in all a great night for OC. South sound seems to be pretty nonchalant these days about it.

DamonK

Tuesday had to run a few errands, went to the Dollar Tree down from the house first, had a gentleman walk by and said "That's great, good for you"....said thanks then he proceeded to ask me about carrying in a car. Gave him the rundown on having to have the CPL to carry loaded, etc. Was a transplant from CO so didn't know our laws over here and was looking to start carrying. Real nice and had a good conversation.

Went to the K-Mart and couldn't find a thing I was looking for, so I went next door to the UPS/Fedex store to get a box to mail my KelTec in; sat there chatting with the nice lady behind the counter for a while, nothing said about the gun but she kept looking at it....she seemed nervous at first but seemed to lose the anxiety as we chatted. Not bad looking either LOL.....

All in all a great night for OC. South sound seems to be pretty nonchalant these days about it.

It's been my experience that chatting with folks calms almost all of them down. And it can change their preconceived notions about folks that carry.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Went to the Lacey Verizon to have the store verify my phone had no physical damage before I send it back, no comments. Then onto Winco, at the check out one guy asked if I always carry with the hammer back (1911). I explained that for a 1911, it is actually safer to have it cocked back.

LkWd_Don

Was in the Starbucks on S Meridian Street next to the Massage Envy this afternoon and was asked by someone if my carrying was legal.
Nothing bad and we had a nice conversation.
He is looking to buy a handgun soon and wasn't aware of the legalities of carry.
Invited him to check OCDO

Last edited:

Munkey Butt

Its been a while since I've reported to here are several place I've been the last week or two.

Surplus Arms and Ammo, picking up parts for my AR, no hassle as expected.
Winco in Lacey, some strange looks but nothing more.
Super Buffet in Hawks Prairie, again several strange/concerned looks but nothing was said.
Radio Controlled Hobbies in Hawks Prairie, no problems.

Was at the local Walmart the other day standing out front of one of the entrances talking to someone. Then a large group (6 or 7) teenage looking guys, as they got close i heard "dude hes got a gun" followed by a quiet "lets get outta here, I don't want to do it now".
I've got no idea what they were planning on doing but it appears I'd deterred them.

Then inside the store in the sporting goods section a gentleman was standing with a lady and as i pass i here a quick "look he's packing, but don't worry its all legal". I tried to catch him to say thanks but he was on a mission so i was gone before i could get to him.

aa1911

Love Harbor freight, frequent the one in Lacey, no issues. Where else can you build a complete vehicle emergency tool kit for $100? Gotta have a kit in each of my Toyotas!

OC'd at Flaming Dragon tattoo to drop off artwork (I don't do tattoos but getting my wedding ring tattooed on) and then stopped at the Asian Supermarket on 38th and Pacific to stock up on kim-chee and other goodies. No issue or any strange looks by the staff, not much issue and nothing said by any other customers. place was packed too.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Lacey Walmart: As I passed the gun counter a guy passing the other way was making sounds like shooting, pssh, pssh, pssh. A couple of minutes later we crossed paths again, and he asked if I was CC'ing? (If I was, I was an epic failure) We ended up having a short very pro 2A conversation.