• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

And this is why I carry a gun and know how to use it!

pmcqueen37

Evil Creamsicle

imported post

Leader wrote:
autosurgeon wrote:
I don't want the goverment mandating anything period... least of all anything about guns!
But But...:what::what:.. Isn't that UN American????????    

We own the government... in fact, constitutionally speaking, we ARE the government. Government by the people, correct?

So how come we aren't making the :cuss: rules?

mastiff69

imported post

The smell is in the air ! :)

The rumble is on the ground,:D

The tar is getting warmer & the foul are giving up the feathers for the coming :lol:

:uhoh: ******CHANGES*******:uhoh:

Are we all ready for the changes ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

There lacks a few things, organisation, communication, transportation, identification, nourishment, medical care, re armament, leadership, and a common goal/direction, who to shoot, who not to, verification of these last two, and when to start. Once these things are settled, I'm down.

Smithc11369

imported post

SlowDog wrote:
If someone close to me like that asked me the same question after their loved one was killed I would have to tell them to pull their head out of their Azz & grow up! My patience for the <liberal-blind> gets less & less the older I get.....just sayin.....

AMEN TO THAT BROTHER!!!! I love how you worded that. My entire family is (liberal-blinded) and if I even mention a gun or wanting to carry a gun, they freak out and tell me that i'm crazy for even mentioning it. Well wait until their life is in danger and me or someone else who is carrying saves their life.

Keep it goin man!

lil_freak_66

imported post

Smithc11369 wrote:
SlowDog wrote:
If someone close to me like that asked me the same question after their loved one was killed I would have to tell them to pull their head out of their Azz & grow up! My patience for the <liberal-blind> gets less & less the older I get.....just sayin.....

AMEN TO THAT BROTHER!!!! I love how you worded that. My entire family is (liberal-blinded) and if I even mention a gun or wanting to carry a gun, they freak out and tell me that i'm crazy for even mentioning it. Well wait until their life is in danger and me or someone else who is carrying saves their life.

Keep it goin man!

yeah my family is liberal blinded.

nothing other than "traditional sporting arms" are even legal in they're eyes.

i was at my grandmothers a bit more than a year ago with the 10/22,which looks an awful lot like what the average person would call an assault rifle,all black,pistol grip,scope. "banana clip"

and my old mosin nagant w/ bayonette

me and 2 of my cousins were there,one of them chatting with a local off duty LEO(keep in mind that its a town of about 800)

one cousin,whom is 21 and owns "traditional sporting arms"tried telling my flat out that the side folding stock and high capacity magazines,pistol grip and even adjustable power scopemade it illegal.

and that the bayonette on my mosin was illegal,as well as owning an old military weapon.

officer lindell(friend of the family) practically cussed him out over it,because i am alwaysgetting ridiculed for lawful owning,and he is tired of them calling him and TELLING him that its illegal.

sorry just needed a place to rant that.

Evil Creamsicle

imported post

man, I couldn't have your family... :?
s_permit.jpg

once armed, a free man cannot be disarmed, only defeated

ghostrider

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:

yeah my family is liberal blinded.

nothing other than "traditional sporting arms" are even legal in they're eyes.

i was at my grandmothers a bit more than a year ago with the 10/22,which looks an awful lot like what the average person would call an assault rifle,all black,pistol grip,scope. "banana clip"

and my old mosin nagant w/ bayonette

me and 2 of my cousins were there,one of them chatting with a local off duty LEO(keep in mind that its a town of about 800)

one cousin,whom is 21 and owns "traditional sporting arms"tried telling my flat out that the side folding stock and high capacity magazines,pistol grip and even adjustable power scopemade it illegal.

and that the bayonette on my mosin was illegal,as well as owning an old military weapon.

officer lindell(friend of the family) practically cussed him out over it,because i am alwaysgetting ridiculed for lawful owning,and he is tired of them calling him and TELLING him that its illegal.

sorry just needed a place to rant that.
Just to be clear.

Did you just say that your family members are trying to rat you out to the local police for something that they mistakenly perceive to be illegal?

If so, then "being liberal" isn't the only problem you have with them. Lots of people feel they need to control others. Going to the extent of trying to get them into legal trouble just because of a differing political agenda/opinion, is going to an extreme. If the answer to my above question is "yes", then exercise caution with them.

Smithc11369

imported post

Yeah dude that's nuts, I have pretty much the same kind of family. I'm sure if I were to Open Carry over at their house or out in public and they knew about it they would call the police on me and tell me that I've "Gone too far". They have it in their head that they're right and nothing can be any different. Well, we'll see about that :)

Sorry for those of us that have families and other friends around us that don't see the meaning of protecting ourselves and those around us but don't let them get to you. They'll be thanking you to the end of the world if you ever have to save their life.

Careful out there, have fun.

ghostrider

imported post

Smithc11369 wrote:
Yeah dude that's nuts, I have pretty much the same kind of family. I'm sure if I were to Open Carry over at their house or out in public and they knew about it they would call the police on me and tell me that I've "Gone too far". They have it in their head that they're right and nothing can be any different. Well, we'll see about that :)

Sorry for those of us that have families and other friends around us that don't see the meaning of protecting ourselves and those around us but don't let them get to you. They'll be thanking you to the end of the world if you ever have to save their life.

Careful out there, have fun.
It goes deeper than that. It's a matter of narcissism, and control. If it wasn't the gun, it would be something else.

lil_freak_66

imported post

its not just the gun.

its everything,2nd amendment.car mechanics....everything

i should note that as of a few days agoi amNOT on speaking terms with a large portion of my family due to this,as they saw the pics from the ponderosa MOC meet and spoke they're mind like they always do again.

autosurgeon

imported post

springerdave wrote:
Lil f, you have a larger, if not friendlier "family" here. You exorcise your freedoms within the law, and this "family" will have your back.springerdave
You got that right!!!

So Lil f you are interested in Automotive Technology? If you ever need any pointers I can help... I am an ASE Master Certified Automotive Tech and I Teach Auto Tech.