• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

And this is why I carry a gun and know how to use it!

Denny

imported post

springerdave wrote:
Lil f, you have a larger, if not friendlier "family" here. You exorcise your freedoms within the law, and this "family" will have your back.springerdave
Lil F, I live here in Lansing too so if you ever wanna go shoot some targets or just shoot the breeze hit me up.

lil_freak_66

imported post

Evil Creamsicle wrote:
as long as shooting the breeze doesn't involve aiming in an unsafe direction ;)

ah why'd you have to go and mention my ex????

umm i usually shoot the rose lake DNR range with the 10/22.

send me a message sometime and we can head out that way

i thank you all for being supportive.

as for mechanical stuff,im trying to learn a bit to save money with repairs and the mods im fixin to do.just cleaned the throttle body and seafoamed everything a few weeks back actually,next is spark plugs

Denny

imported post

Not really a fan of Rose lake. Too many Range Nazi's. I like to shoot at the state range near Mason. They don't have a range officer there so you can basically do whatever you want within reason. They are alot less crowded too. I'll let ya know next time I'm heading out that way.

Leader

imported post

Denny wrote:
Not really a fan of Rose lake. Too many Range Nazi's. I like to shoot at the state range near Mason. They don't have a range officer there so you can basically do whatever you want within reason. They are alot less crowded too. I'll let ya know next time I'm heading out that way.

OMG!!!!!!! :what::what:

You go where there are NO people to make sure you don't kill yourself or others?????????

Let me know when so I can hide.

Denny

imported post

No, I just believe for training for real life situations. I'm all for safety but I believe in big boy rules. Standing at a firing line and shooting is not my idea of training. Rose lake is great and all if you are sighting in a rifle for deer hunting but if you are trying to train for self defense the place is worthless. I like to practice actual skills that might be useful in a self defense situation. They don't allow drawing from holsters, practicing speed reloads, or shooting on the move. So don't worry. You'll be safe out there standing at the line wasting ammo on target practice. You won't see me out there.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Denny wrote:
No, I just believe for training for real life situations. I'm all for safety but I believe in big boy rules. Standing at a firing line and shooting is not my idea of training. Rose lake is great and all if you are sighting in a rifle for deer hunting but if you are trying to train for self defense the place is worthless. I like to practice actual skills that might be useful in a self defense situation. They don't allow drawing from holsters, practicing speed reloads, or shooting on the move. So don't worry. You'll be safe out there standing at the line wasting ammo on target practice. You won't see me out there.
Denny, I think your sarcasm meter needs a new battery. :)

Denny

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
If the point was sarcasm then all apologies. I thought it was at first until I read the part about finding a place to hide. Then I wasn't so sure.......

Leader

imported post

Denny wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:
If the point was sarcasm then all apologies. I thought it was at first until I read the part about finding a place to hide. Then I wasn't so sure.......

Don't you think I NEED to hide??? You are going to shoot at a place with NO RULES, & NO ONE to make sure you don't do something stupid like shoot someone?????

You expect me to believe that YOU could fire a gun WITHOUT supervision??????????

OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What will people think next?????

lil_freak_66

imported post

didnt know there was a state range near mason.

details???

mason is alot closer than rose lake.

only use rose lake to sight in the 10/22 for small game hunting on the surrounding public land.

usually im out shooting on the public land(off the range) anyways.

which i might add i do not feel safe shooting on anymore since theres un(der) supervised 12 yo. kids out there blasting away trying to get they're first hunting kill.

details please,we can go this weekend perhaps?

Denny

imported post

The Shooting Range I was referring to is actually in the Dansville state game area. The range is off of Kelly road just south east of Mason. Its pretty rustic. Ithas 25, 50 and 100 yrd backstops and one 2-person shooting bench. They usually aren't very busy. Most of the time its just me and whoever I go with shooting. As mentioned before, they don't have any range officers out there. I have talked to more than one dnr officer about the place and they pretty much said that as long as you are being safe and not just out there shooting the hell out of everything that you can train how you like. You can't see the parking area from the range and they have been known to watch you from a hill overlooking the place. I was out there one day and a couple of guys were being idiots and unsafe so I left. As I was leaving I passed a dnr officer coming down the hill and stopped to talk to him. He said he had been watching those guys and were kicking em out and that if I hung around I was free to go back to shooting. So I did just that. I'll let ya know about this weekend. I might have an opportunity to go do a carbine class with a state police firearms instructor buddy of mine. If that falls through though maybe we can run out there for awhile. If not then definitely sometime soon.

http://www.michigandnr.com/publications/pdfs/huntingwildlifehabitat/sga/dansville.pdf

lil_freak_66

imported post

yeah hit me up,im on willoughby and cedar basically,and would love to check out a new range,having only shot at 2 actual ranges(rose lake and the shooters corral)