• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"Tony's 7" Manassas PD officer and Virginia Arms Co.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

longwatch wrote:
markand wrote:
FYI, third anniversary of this event was Wednesday the 13th of January.
Ah the leather anniversary, so treat yourself to new OC holster! It is interesting how many people still talk about it, or try to tell me what happened not knowing I was there. Officer Hyland has even been a customer in my shop a few times but neither he nor I mentioned that evening.
Do you sometimes intentionally catch them in a misguided moment and let them know you were one of the seven?

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

I have, but most folks are very interested to know how it all went down without the filter of hearing it second hand.

There are some people out there who have a very distorted picture of what happened, like we were proned out or that it was some kind of mexican standoff staring down each others guns, I think someone came on the forum once saying we were making furtive gestures or something.

I wonder if Tonys will be remembered in 20 years sometimes, or rather how it will be remembered.

I still have the 'assclown' VCDL hat, maybe that will become a historic relic.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

longwatch wrote:
I have, but most folks are very interested to know how it all went down without the filter of hearing it second hand.

There are some people out there who have a very distorted picture of what happened, like we were proned out or that it was some kind of mexican standoff staring down each others guns, I think someone came on the forum once saying we were making furtive gestures or something.

I wonder if Tonys will be remembered in 20 years sometimes, or rather how it will be remembered.

I still have the 'assclown' VCDL hat, maybe that will become a historic relic.
If you will autograph it, I will start the bidding. :)

Me B 1 2.

Yata hey

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

It still has sentimental value, that hat has seen a lot of VCDL actions besides Tonys, Bloomberg gun giveaway, a few lobby days a few protests, but if I decide to part with it all proceeds would go to VCDL.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

longwatch wrote:
It still has sentimental value, that hat has seen a lot of VCDL actions besides Tonys, Bloomberg gun giveaway, a few lobby days a few protests, but if I decide to part with it all proceeds would go to VCDL.
It should be laid up in the archives of your lodge for safekeeping - maybe bronzed.

Yata hey

OC-Glock19

Founder's Club Member
imported post

It was very nearly the Tony's 8 instead of 7. I fully planned on going to the meetup that night, but something came up and I was unable to attend. When I found out later about what happened that evening I was relieved that I hadn't made it.

Tomahawk

imported post

longwatch wrote:
The Great OCDO picnic and police airshow was interesting and the FCPD for their massive presence kept their distance and only interacted with the group after most of the officers rolled out. No police force is perfect but I'd rather deal with the FCPD than most others.
Now I was...um...present when that one happened. And I agree, compared to many tension-filled encounters with police officers, including a nasty one I had in Pennsylvania, FCPD was way more level-headed in the way they handled things. They came ready for trouble, but they looked from a distance and once they saw what was going on they quickly turned down the volume and never got threatening or disrespectful with anyone. One of the ones who spoke to us even visited the forum here afterwards.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
longwatch wrote:
The Great OCDO picnic and police airshow was interesting and the FCPD for their massive presence kept their distance and only interacted with the group after most of the officers rolled out.  No police force is perfect but I'd rather deal with the FCPD than most others.
Now I was...um...present when that one happened. And I agree, compared to many tension-filled encounters with police officers, including a nasty one I had in Pennsylvania, FCPD was way more level-headed in the way they handled things. They came ready for trouble, but they looked from a distance and once they saw what was going on they quickly turned down the volume and never got threatening or disrespectful with anyone. One of the ones who spoke to us even visited the forum here afterwards.

Present he says. Ha ... They probably came specifically because you were there.:lol:

nuc65

Activist Member
imported post

This is a tough thread to read I think 3 separate threads rolled into one:

1) Age of Firearm purchase, carry, possess, transfer etc...
2) Tony7 which made me want to call somebody an assclown or sombodies...
3) Air show where there were some OCers glowering while watching something and police officers watching the OCers... (I believe OCers only glower now, it said so in the news after all)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

nuc65 wrote:
This is a tough thread to read I think 3 separate threads rolled into one:

1) Age of Firearm purchase, carry, possess, transfer etc...
2) Tony7 which made me want to call somebody an assclown or sombodies...
3) Air show where there were some OCers glowering while watching something and police officers watching the OCers... (I believe OCers only glower now, it said so in the news after all)

Re 2 & 3
You kinda had to have been there or at least have background knowledge of the events. To those not having such info, I'm sure it is like watching a spinning top. :?

Yata hey

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

nuc65 wrote:
SNIP 3) Air show where there were some OCers

The term "air-show" refers to an open carry picnic at Burke Lake Park a couple years ago. Somebody (park personnel?) called the fuzz. Cops showed up in force, including a helicopter but kept it civil. There used to be pics on the forum.

ETA: Here's the thread:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=3190&forum_id=54

Tomahawk

imported post

Citizen wrote:
nuc65 wrote:
SNIP 3) Air show where there were some OCers

The term "air-show" refers to an open carry picnic at Burke Lake Park a couple years ago. Somebody (park personnel?) called the fuzz. Cops showed up in force, including a helicopter but kept it civil. There used to be pics on the forum.

ETA: Here's the thread:

Hard to believe that was two and a half years ago. Fun to read that again, especially the posts from out of state where people couldn't believe what we had done and gotten away with. Look at OCDO now! Virginia is just another state here these days.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Well at the time these events happened most of the participants were plowing new ground. They were all patriots. Some knew that others did not, but they all shared one simple philosophy that could reasonably be summed up as -

"Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice: Pull down your pants and slide on the ice." - Dr. Sidney Theodore Freedman, as played by Allan Arbus,

EDIT to Add - PS Citizen the use of the term "Fuzz" shows your true age.:lol:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
Citizen wrote:
nuc65 wrote:
SNIP  3) Air show where there were some OCers

The term "air-show" refers to an open carry picnic at Burke Lake Park a couple years ago.  Somebody (park personnel?) called the fuzz.  Cops showed up in force, including a helicopter but kept it civil.  There used to be pics on the forum. 

ETA:  Here's the thread:

Hard to believe that was two and a half years ago. Fun to read that again, especially the posts from out of state where people couldn't believe what we had done and gotten away with. Look at OCDO now! Virginia is just another state here these days.
+1

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
SNIPCitizen the use of the term "Fuzz" shows your true age.:lol:
:)

The other day, I came across a contemporary usage of the term "narc."

And, I know what agency had the "call sign" letters, BNDD.

Of course, I learned all this from reading old books, you understand. :)

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Citizen wrote:
Hawkflyer wrote:
SNIP  Citizen the use of the term "Fuzz" shows your true age.:lol:

Of course, I learned all this from reading old books, you understand.  :)

Well there is nothing wrong with a little aging. It works for wine, meat, cheese, Brandy, scotch and people. How many presidents have been in office since you were born? Despite my actual age, I am only 12 in president years. A lot of my friends got out around 10 or 11. So I have lived from a time when "The buck stops here" to a time where the buck is "redistributed" by the government. And people wonder why I have guns.

Oh yea - Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs. I remember Narcs too. Even knew a few.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Citizen wrote:
Hawkflyer wrote:

Of course, I learned all this from reading old books, you understand. :)
The contemporary definition of "narc" should perhaps be "narcissist" for certain a "citizen" herein. :p :)

Yata hey

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Citizen wrote:
Hawkflyer wrote:
The contemporary definition of "narc" should perhaps be "narcissist" for certain a "citizen" herein. :p :)
Will you knock it off. I can't find my own lovely posts to admire them when I have to wade through your stuff. :):p

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

While it is never my plan to revert to the thread topic, Has anyone been following the local news concerning the Manassas Park Police Captain arrested for auto theft?

Could this be symbolic of the MPPD view of the applicability of the law to their department members? Or maybe this guy was one of the LEOs at the scene that evening.

Don't mean nothing, I'm Just saying