• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone for a OC gathering on February 13th?

bomber

imported post

i may be able to make it. i'll have to consult my superior (the wife). i'll be keeping an eye on the plans though and i'll make it if i can.

desettle

imported post

bomber wrote:
i may be able to make it. i'll have to consult my superior (the wife). i'll be keeping an eye on the plans though and i'll make it if i can.

I fully understand. I know that my wife will be there, again, with me, so if she would like to come along, she is more than welcome. I know that Weaponize had brought his wife and daughter to the last one.

Hope you can make it.

-desettle

desettle

imported post

I am hoping to get a pretty good count of how many will be able to attend by Wednesday (2/11) before Saturday (2/13) to try see if I can make reservations, not sure if they do that or not but will find out.

-desettle

Diocoles

imported post

The wifey may be gun friendly and support me and my beliefs, but she will not carry nor attend.

She does carry a 2.5Million volt zapper and spray along with an extendable baton. Likes to shoot my 22lr weapons, but is lousy with anything 9mm or larger and just doesn't like the idea of open carry.

She says it's just asking for trouble.

Not going to argue about it, she just won't come. But I'm definitely going to be there. Good food, too.

desettle

imported post

Diocoles wrote:
The wifey may be gun friendly and support me and my beliefs, but she will not carry nor attend.

She does carry a 2.5Million volt zapper and spray along with an extendable baton. Likes to shoot my 22lr weapons, but is lousy with anything 9mm or larger and just doesn't like the idea of open carry.

She says it's just asking for trouble.

Not going to argue about it, she just won't come. But I'm definitely going to be there. Good food, too.

Hey Diocoles, not a problem. Glad to have you there. :)

-desettle

since9

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Diocoles wrote:
She does carry a 2.5Million volt zapper and spray along with an extendable baton.
Great... So she's willing to electrocute someone, inflict chemical warfare on them, and mayhem, but she's not willing to openly carry a weapon which might not only deter any need for the above, but if drawn would (around 66% chance) result in a "win" without firing a shot or harming the perp in any fashion?

Just curious...

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

since9 wrote:
Diocoles wrote:
She does carry a 2.5Million volt zapper and spray along with an extendable baton.
Great... So she's willing to electrocute someone, inflict chemical warfare on them, and mayhem, but she's not willing to openly carry a weapon which might not only deter any need for the above, but if drawn would (around 66% chance) result in a "win" without firing a shot or harming the perp in any fashion?

Just curious...
Curious where you got 66% from.

desettle

imported post

Ian wrote:
since9 wrote:
Diocoles wrote:

Just curious...
Maybe he meant 66.357%. lol But, yea Since9, what do you mean by 66%?

since9

Campaign Veteran
imported post

desettle wrote:
Ian wrote:
since9 wrote:
Diocoles wrote:

Just curious...
Maybe he meant 66.357%. lol But, yea Since9, what do you mean by 66%?
WAG based on a recently read stat regarding the frequency a CC or OC carry drew on a perp compared to the number of times they fired. I've seen several figures, but it's always been about 33% of the time.

ColoradoFlyer

imported post

I missed the first one last month, I got called to fly, but it sometimes pays the bills. I have this again on my calender. It's Presidents weekend which makes it a 3 day weekend for my normal job, but make's it worse for second job as I am the backup when no one else wants to fly on the holiday.

Also had an interesting encounter with Lone Tree and DC Sherrif today. They were together and they saw that I was OC'n. They were polite but one spoke negatively about it and also mentioned that I should have my gun properly secured. I carry a Glock in Fobus paddle holster, and two of them said theat technically it should have a secure strap across the top to prevent unauthorized access. Have not seen anything about that either CC or OC'd. Will be an interesting conversation at breakfast.... hope I can make it...

desettle

imported post

ColoradoFlyer wrote:
I missed the first one last month, I got called to fly, but it sometimes pays the bills. I have this again on my calender. It's Presidents weekend which makes it a 3 day weekend for my normal job, but make's it worse for second job as I am the backup when no one else wants to fly on the holiday.

Also had an interesting encounter with Lone Tree and DC Sherrif today. They were together and they saw that I was OC'n. They were polite but one spoke negatively about it and also mentioned that I should have my gun properly secured. I carry a Glock in Fobus paddle holster, and two of them said theat technically it should have a secure strap across the top to prevent unauthorized access. Have not seen anything about that either CC or OC'd. Will be an interesting conversation at breakfast.... hope I can make it...

I hope you can make it this time. I would love to hear more about the encounter with the LEO's.

-desettle