• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Do you belong to the NRA ?

Do you belong to the NRA ? national rifle association

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

• I HAVE TO RENEW MY MEMBERSHIP

• I WOULD NEVER BELONG TO THE NRA

• Total voters

PoppaGary

imported post

Life Member since about mid-80's, took advantage of their EZ Pay plan and my gun club also requires it as do most.

Are they perfect? No, but I think that EVERY gun owner should be a member so we could get more visibility.

I have been meaning to join GOA and JPFO as well (missed THEIR knife offer!) for the same reasons as well as the fact that I think they are more aggressive, focus on the main issues and are not as likely to compromise.

Thanks for the poll, Glock34, sorry for my next statement.

This has someof the most venomous, hateful posts that I have seen since I joined this forum; what a terrible theft of a good post . No wonder some have left as I have read in other posts andthis one sure lives up to the neg comments about this forum on other gun forums.

Sad, really.

We will continue to lose the battle if we can't even be cordial to one another. I just do not understand why these attacks can't be conducted off forum in PMs or other.

Gary

Sgt_Habz

imported post

PoppaGary wrote:
This has someof the most venomous, hateful posts that I have seen since I joined this forum; what a terrible theft of a good post . No wonder some have left as I have read in other posts andthis one sure lives up to the neg comments about this forum on other gun forums.

Sad, really.

We will continue to lose the battle if we can't even be cordial to one another. I just do not understand why these attacks can't be conducted off forum in PMs or other.

Gary
+1

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

PoppaGary wrote:
Life Member since about mid-80's, took advantage of their EZ Pay plan and my gun club also requires it as do most.

Are they perfect? No, but I think that EVERY gun owner should be a member so we could get more visibility.

I have been meaning to join GOA and JPFO as well (missed THEIR knife offer!) for the same reasons as well as the fact that I think they are more aggressive, focus on the main issues and are not as likely to compromise.

Sad, really.

Gary
I have to agree with you. they ( Master Doug , first & then Lurch ) took my thread, stepped on it & they began throwing accusations my way, etc. when i am attacked I will respond.

like i said earlier. When replying to a persons thread , if you have nothing nice to say about that person , keep your negative comments to your self, that's how these threads go off topic & become destructive.

Lurchiron

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
PoppaGary wrote:

Sad, really.

Gary
I have to agree with you. they ( Master Doug , first & then Lurch ) took my thread, stepped on it & they began throwing accusations my way, etc. when i am attacked I will respond.

like i said earlier. When replying to a persons thread , if you have nothing nice to say about that person , keep your negative comments to your self, that's how these threads go off topic & become destructive.

Moist towelette, Kleenex, or napkin which would you prefer "Wolf Boy" ?

Maybe you need to ask yourself why people respond to your posts in the manner that they do. Why is it that you always seem to get flamed? Could it be your phrasing, spelling, or overall sloppiness of your posts that peeves people?

All good questions; few if any good answers, I'd bet!!!

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Back to the original intent of this thread . If`every every gun owner in the USA belonged to the NRA, no gun laws would have EVER been passed.

currently the NRA has about 4 million members , so they are a very strong lobby in DC.

But, if the NRA had every gun owner as a member the NRA would be a unstoppable force in DC & every state of the union. the original Assault weapons ban would have never passed & every anti gun law in this country would have been repealed by now.

Gun owners that do not belong to either the NRA oR the GOA , have no reason to grip & moan when a anti gun law gets passed, as they did nothing to stop it. Strength in numbers, that's what the NRA is all about.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Lurchiron wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
PoppaGary wrote:

Sad, really.

Gary

Moist towelette, Kleenex, or napkin which would you prefer "Wolf Boy" ?

Maybe you need to ask yourself why people respond to your posts in the manner that they do. Why is it that you always seem to get flamed? Could it be your phrasing, spelling, or overall sloppiness of your posts that peeves people?

All good questions; few if any good answers, I'd bet!!!
clear example of a troll here everyone. go somewhere else & attempt to derail some other thread.

The only people I basically ever have issues with here, is you & your pal Doug. we all can't all be grammatical experts like you & your elite pal Doug.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Glock34 wrote:
Back to the original intent of this thread . If`every every gun owner in the USA belonged to the NRA, no gun laws would have EVER been passed.

currently the NRA has about 4 million members , so they are a very strong lobby in DC.
I wonder if the 4 million number has been significantly increased in the last year-and-a-half?

Glock34 wrote:
But, if the NRA had every gun owner as a member the NRA would be a unstoppable force in DC & every state of the union. the original Assault weapons ban would have never passed & every anti gun law in this country would have been repealed by now.

You're probably right, AWB wouldn't have happened. As it was, it was sham legislation.Assault weapons weren't banned--features on assaultweapons were banned. What a joke AWB was. The NRA made sure of that. And Clinton had no stomach to make it a real ban.

I doubt it's practical to get tomore than, say 30% of gun owners as NRA members. Some number like that. That would be a HUGE special interest group.

As for no laws regulating gun ownership/usage, that's not desirable. Gotta have some gun laws to regulate some of our, uhm, less-than-judicious fellow gun owners...

Glock34 wrote:
Strength in numbers, that's what the NRA is all about.
Numbers are great. But development of strategy and execution of plans is just as important. The NRA is, basically, lots smarter than a) Congress, and b) the antis.

Glock34 wrote:
Gun owners that do not belong to either the NRA oR the GOA , have no reason to grip & moan when a anti gun law gets passed, as they did nothing to stop it.
Well, such non-supporters do have a reason to whine and moan. They just lack credibility. Such people are like the softie give-me-everything liberals they say they despise so much.

I've been thinking about joining GOA. Although NRA is the daddy and GOA is the child, it probably would be a good thing to get an additional perspective.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

thelongone13 wrote:
Hank, I have to disagree. People refuse to join the NRA for various reasons. I won't go spouting mine off, but I have my reasons.

Ah, well, we (and others) just disagree.

Are you a member of another gun/rights advocacy org, thg13?

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

HankT wrote:
Glock34 wrote:

I wonder if the 4 million number has been significantly increased in the last year-and-a-half?

This was the number about a year ago or so. yes, it could have greatly grown since then.

Glock34 wrote:

You're probably right, AWB wouldn't have happened. As it was, it was sham legislation.Assault weapons weren't banned--features on assaultweapons were banned. What a joke AWB was. The NRA made sure of that. And Clinton had no stomach to make it a real ban.

I doubt it's practical to get tomore than, say 30% of gun owners as NRA members. Some number like that. That would be a HUGE special interest group.

:) 30% would give the NRA about 100 million members.

As for no laws regulating gun ownership/usage, that's not desirable. Gotta have some gun laws to regulate some of our, uhm, less-than-judicious fellow gun owners...

Maybe, but as few as possible. Laws are created to maintain order & to punish those that disrupt said order plus those that create anarchy. But we already have way too many gun laws on the books , most need to go away. I believe in law and order, but when is enough laws enough ? every day some lib or anti is dreaming up a new law.

Glock34 wrote:
Strength in numbers, that's what the NRA is all about.
Numbers are great. But development of strategy and execution of plans is just as important. The NRA is, basically, lots smarter than a) Congress, and b) the antis.

Glock34 wrote:
Gun owners that do not belong to either the NRA oR the GOA , have no reason to grip & moan when a anti gun law gets passed, as they did nothing to stop it.
Well, such non-supporters do have a reason to whine and moan. They just lack credibility. Such people are like the softie give-me-everything liberals they say they despise so much.

True enough.

I've been thinking about joining GOA. Although NRA is the daddy and GOA is the child, it probably would be a good thing to get an additional perspective.

The GOA is the more hardcore of the 2 organizations
& the least restrictive. But since it's membership numbers are far less that the bigger NRA, most law makers pay them no mind.

jvd5695

imported post

I got a good deal on a membership and I like the American Rifleman magazine.

I'd like to join GOA and JPFO but it will have to wait a bit until I can afford it.

I found out JPFO is based out of WI and just a little north of me, which makes me feel more inclined to join something that is based so close.

comp45acp

imported post

Life Member for many years. While I am not real happy with the lack of support from the NRA in Wisconsin's effort to improve upon our situation, I also am fully aware that without them we would be lucky to own a double barrel shotgun. I still support them and I am proud to be a member. If you have never been to an NRA convention I highly recommend you attend one. They are amazing.

Lammie

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I was a devout member for 30 years. More than many of you have been alive. During the era of the Personal Protection Act I saw its true colors and cancelled my membership. My decision was fortified after its Personal Protection Act defeat when the NRA turned tail and ran from Wisconsin and refuses to do any significant activity concerning our open carry rights. The NRA could be a tremendous help in scrapping the Vehicle carry and GFSZ laws and in safegaurding our state right to keep and bear arms. but chooses to turn a blind side to our cause. It seems a situation must fit into its narrowpolitical agenda or the NRA wants nothing to do with it. While I will not chide anyonefor belonging to the NRA it has lost my vote of confidence.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

professor gun wrote:
Master Doug Huffman wrote:
You are still jerking off.
Well, this is a highly intelligent response.

professor gun wrote:
You are still jerking off.
Well, this is a highly intelligent response.

"Thank you, thank you verra much." My Elvis impersonation.

The Dougs are OCDO poster No. 2 ( a mere 119 posts behind Citizen). They have to go for volume...not quality... if they're to catch him.