• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Do you belong to the NRA ?

Do you belong to the NRA ? national rifle association

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

• I HAVE TO RENEW MY MEMBERSHIP

• I WOULD NEVER BELONG TO THE NRA

• Total voters

hunterjim

imported post

A life member, just signed up my grandson for life membership. Get a gun magazine, He gets a kids safety and hunting magazine. They are the biggest and strongest gun organization in the world. Also putting money to support pro-gun canidates, safety classes and shooters training. How can you not be an NRA member when Moses is the spokesperson.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Glock34 wrote:
All oath keeps does, is, first collect your DUES $25.oo ? right. But it's not about the money for them, right ? they are not following the money, correct ? then they ask the Mil /Leo not to confiscate our guns when Martial law happens or fight us when the next great civil uprising happens - then we have to trust them to keep their word that they won't do those things. Good Luck

nice to see your still here:) We won't always see eye to eye on every issue.
Actually it did not cost me a dime to be a member of Oath Keepers.

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

This is from the OathKeepers Wisconsin forum and on topic.
Be careful - the NRA is NOT truly 2nd Amendment friendly... Do your research on this organization - see what they are really about....

Reply by Larry 19 hours ago

At some point most large lobbying organizations, devolve into cash generating machines that exist to provide jobs to the executives and staffers who run them. However when it comes to the rank and file members, I find most of them are good people who are liberty minded folks.

Since Oath Keepers is about the whole Constitution and not just an amendment, I don't mind attending and sharing our word with the rank and file membership.
Larry wants to be a leader. ETA: Larry claims Franklin, WI as does another well-spoken recent comer to OCDO.

This is at the root of my suspicion of Anony Mouse as nom-de-'net. Believe nothing you read or hear without verifying it yourself unless it fits your preexisting worldview.

Deleted - Rule Violation.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
This is from the OathKeepers Wisconsin forum and on topic.
Be careful - the NRA is NOT truly 2nd Amendment friendly... Do your research on this organization - see what they are really about....

Reply by Larry 19 hours ago

At some point most large lobbying organizations, devolve into cash generating machines that exist to provide jobs to the executives and staffers who run them. However when it comes to the rank and file members, I find most of them are good people who are liberty minded folks.

Since Oath Keepers is about the whole Constitution and not just an amendment, I don't mind attending and sharing our word with the rank and file membership.

Is that your own position too, Dougs?

SpringerXDacp

imported post

"At some point most large lobbying organizations, devolve into cash generating machines that exist to provide jobs to the executives and staffers who run them. However when it comes to the rank and file members, I find most of them are good people who are liberty minded folks."

http://www.gunguys.com/?p=1061

Most gun owners would be floored to know that the NRA Executive Vice-President makes $633,823 in salary, plus another $258,343 in benefits in 2004 (Gun Guys has obtained the NRA's 990 form from 2004-- to read it, click here). It is possible that his total compensation package from the NRA for 2005 exceeded $1 million (the 2005 tax reports are not yet available).

hunterjim

imported post

I dont mind the leaders making any amount of money the nra has determind is there salery and benefits. The Life membership for my grandson was 150$ a one time fee for a family member. That is 12 magazines a year for life, 10,000 in life insurance
and already my grandaughter reads the book and wants to shoot and eat bambi, "
"they taste good"
Glad to be here.

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

hunterjim wrote:
I dont mind the leaders making any amount of money the nra has determind is there salery and benefits. The Life membership for my grandson was 150$ a one time fee for a family member. That is 12 magazines a year for life, 10,000 in life insurance
"they taste good"
Glad to be here.
Well said.

AaronS

imported post

hunterjim wrote:
"they taste good"
Glad to be here.

That is a good way of looking at this all.

Welcome to the forum.

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
Just asking. no need to get flamed by anyone.

Absolutely I am a member.

I still believe in and support the most basic tenet of the NRA which is the promotion of marksmanship and the shooting sports.

The political arm of the NRA is a necessary evil in the current anti gun climate. I do not agree with all of their actions, but I can live with that. They put alot of money back into rifle ranges which I have witnessed personally over the years.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
Most gun owners would be floored to know that the NRA Executive Vice-President makes $633,823 in salary, plus another $258,343 in benefits in 2004 (Gun Guys has obtained the NRA's 990 form from 2004-- to read it, click here). It is possible that his total compensation package from the NRA for 2005 exceeded $1 million ...
Is that a lot?

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

HankT wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:
Most gun owners would be floored to know that the NRA Executive Vice-President makes $633,823 in salary, plus another $258,343 in benefits in 2004 (Gun Guys has obtained the NRA's 990 form from 2004-- to read it, click here). It is possible that his total compensation package from the NRA for 2005 exceeded $1 million ...
Is that a lot?
I would luv to get a pay check like that.:)

professor gun

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
Most gun owners would be floored to know that the NRA Executive Vice-President makes $633,823 in salary, plus another $258,343 in benefits in 2004 (Gun Guys has obtained the NRA's 990 form from 2004-- to read it, click here). It is possible that his total compensation package from the NRA for 2005 exceeded $1 million (the 2005 tax reports are not yet available).

How does that figure compare to high level executives of other organizations or businesses of a similar size?

Compared to many of our annual incomes that sounds like a lot of money. Taken in context of the market place for that level of executive, perhaps it is in line. I do not know the market so cannot comment on appropriateness of this salary, but you need to see what the market value salaries are to make an intelligent assessment here.