• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

State Trooper harasses law-abiding Open-Carrier. Demonstration this Sunday

protias

imported post

McX wrote:
judging from the video, it wasn't the busiest day for the local chinese place, 30 or so open carriers decending upon them, cold and hungry, will probably make their month. starbucks, since they're national open carry, will just fill up the coffee pots, put out more cups, and welcome us with open arms. the other businesses will look at us funny, then after a little interaction, and some spending; say; you know these gun nuts are ok in my book. the only ones who won't like seeing us are the cops, but even they will see peace and contentment, and the glare of media cameras, and maybe come to the conclusion that we and they are people too.
Nice pun without knowing it. :celebrate

M

McX

imported post

and ya know; if the police are watching this thread; they could be progressive in thought. i'm a tourist. i've never been to sussex. i'd like to look around, see the shops, the sights, spend a little- souvineres so to speak. my kids will be with me. maybe put a cop or two around, to help keep me out of the school zones, or other restricted areas, not to bust my butt, but to help. i would be courteous, and thank them, not see them as an adversary. and the day would be good for all concerned.

Spartacus

Banned
imported post

McX wrote:
and ya know; if the police are watching this thread; they could be progressive in thought.... my kids will be with me. maybe put a cop or two around, to help keep me out of the school zones, or other restricted areas, not to bust my butt, but to help.
Or the HRT team could be deploying snipers. Better bring speedloaders and extra mags.

barronburke

imported post

have a question I drive a pickup truck with rear seat ie extended cab with no cap or cover what is the best way to follow the law for making sure the firearm is out of reach as the law states if you guys could give me an idea thanks

M

McX

imported post

that's a tough one. i know that out of reach is paramount. i'll presume you know encased, and unloaded, based on the theory your in wisconsin. back bed is probably out, as it's vunerable, and if not fixed, could slide around. maybe another member could chime in. i'd think proveable out of reach is paramount for your circumstance.

M

McX

imported post

sparticus, i am a defender, not an agressor. i carry one loaded mag, in the gun, no round in the chamer. i would never disobey, brandish, nor draw on a cop, no matter what he was doing to me. to suggest such things i would hope you are joking, and it would be best to drop a smiley face after your statement to ensure everyone knew you are joking. like this:D

barronburke

imported post

yes I contacted the local police dept and they declined to give me any answers and told me to do some research into the laws for transporting but they seem vauge in the area of out of reach if i put it in the back and I cant reach it while driving is that ok? But it would be in reach if really tried to get the case so I think Im SOL well I hope not

barronburke

imported post

This would be my first event that I would be attending dont open carry often due to not knowing the laws Just trying to figure out When I go to sussex what would be the best way to trasport the firearm without getting in trouble with police that will be looking for something to ticket me or worse sorry for not starting new thread still new to this

protias

imported post

barronburke wrote:
This would be my first event that I would be attending dont open carry often due to not knowing the laws Just trying to figure out When I go to sussex what would be the best way to trasport the firearm without getting in trouble with police that will be looking for something to ticket me or worse sorry for not starting new thread still new to this
You're two best threads to look through would be:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=36614&forum_id=57&highlight=truck

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=35214&forum_id=57&highlight=truck

M

McX

imported post

well, protias, we know where everyone new shows up at 10:39 at night.:D

allright young uns, your uncle protias gonna have to take it from here, i'm old and gotta go to bed. protias, it's over to you now, train them up!

BROKENSPROKET

imported post

Protias, did you let China Wok know we are coming? I would hate to see them run out of food.

If you didn't, I might scare the shit out of them running for the door to get my plate filled up before the rest of you run them out of food.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
imported post

protias wrote:
McX wrote:
ok to oc on sidewalk in front of police station? public domain?
There are no sidewalks there.

If no sidewalks - where? If on the driveway of the state patrol office, could there be an "impeding traffic" issue?

Locations where you may run into (no pun intended)the subject trooper:

Southeast Region

Wisconsin State Patrol Waukesha Post

Captain Varla J. Bishop, Commander
Lieutenant Theodore J. Meagher, Executive Officer
21115 East Moreland Boulevard
Waukesha, WI 53186-2985
Phone: (262) 785-4700
Fax: (262) 785-4723
Waukesha Post counties:
Serves Kenosha, Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Racine, Walworth, Washington and Waukesha

protias

imported post

BROKENSPROKET wrote:
Protias, did you let China Wok know we are coming? I would hate to see them run out of food.

If you didn't, I might scare the @#$% out of them running for the door to get my plate filled up before the rest of you run them out of food.
I will be talking with them today after I talk with the Lt in Sussex.

protias

imported post

Flipper wrote:
protias wrote:
McX wrote:
ok to oc on sidewalk in front of police station? public domain?
There are no sidewalks there.

If no sidewalks - where? If on the driveway of the state patrol office, could there be an "impeding traffic" issue?

Locations where you may run into (no pun intended)the subject trooper:

Southeast Region

Wisconsin State Patrol Waukesha Post

Captain Varla J. Bishop, Commander
Lieutenant Theodore J. Meagher, Executive Officer
21115 East Moreland Boulevard
Waukesha, WI 53186-2985
Phone: (262) 785-4700
Fax: (262) 785-4723
Waukesha Post counties:
Serves Kenosha, Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Racine, Walworth, Washington and Waukesha
The road is almost a 4 lane road, but there are only 2 lanes. We have plenty of room as long as we stay out of the middle of the road. Also, the road doesn't have a ton of traffic on it.