• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

State Trooper harasses law-abiding Open-Carrier. Demonstration this Sunday

scorpio_vette

imported post

http://www.cbs58.com/index.php?aid=11271#comments

this is the link to the cbs article where there is also a discussion going on. it's only about 30 comments long. there are others there that are better than me at defending us, but i believe (i could be wrong) that i've thrown a few good bits in there.

one of the antis keeps saying that "doesn't have to provide facts because he has SEEN IT with his own eyes". he also claims to be a cop and KNOWS FOR A FACT.............
and he keeps going on about how non of us have training, and how learning to shoot from some old guy with a red rider bb gun or ex cop is NOT training. but if we were to have CCW then we would be trained by the same people who train police officers.............*rolls eyes*

and when i posted the video of the cop shooting himself in front of a classroom and asked him how he could have possibly done that since cops are supposed to be "so trained and certified to handle guns", he didn't even acknowledge or comment about it.

M

McX

imported post

i've received training, over my lifetime by; the boy scouts, the nra, and members here. does that meet the antis criteria for training?

Lurchiron

imported post

scorpio_vette wrote:
http://www.cbs58.com/index.php?aid=11271#comments

this is the link to the cbs article where there is also a discussion going on. it's only about 30 comments long. there are others there that are better than me at defending us, but i believe (i could be wrong) that i've thrown a few good bits in there.

one of the antis keeps saying that "doesn't have to provide facts because he has SEEN IT with his own eyes". he also claims to be a cop and KNOWS FOR A FACT.............
and he keeps going on about how non of us have training, and how learning to shoot from some old guy with a red rider bb gun or ex cop is NOT training. but if we were to have CCW then we would be trained by the same people who train police officers.............*rolls eyes*

and when i posted the video of the cop shooting himself in front of a classroom and asked him how he could have possibly done that since cops are supposed to be "so trained and certified to handle guns", he didn't even acknowledge or comment about it.

Should've asked him how many Q-tips it takes to get out all the sand out of his ears.

Sounds like he is blissfully ignorant, and not afraid to show it.

"Got any Q-tips?"

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman wrote:
Gentlemen... Lets not get carried away. Rodney is a verified Wisconsin Carry member. I didn't ask what he did for a living. I did talk to him, and he said he was a member. I assumed that was correct.

He may or may not be a cop, I don't remember asking him that, but I can assure you he is a Wisconsin Carry Member. He even contributed far and above more than the basic member dues.

When I went to talk to him, he introduced himself and as we were chatting he told me where he lived.

Today I checked the member roster after reading this thread. He's exactly who he told me he was.

He's one of us!

I was exceptionally pleased that we had such a diverse group. It appears the right to carry and be secure in your person is not exclusive to white-guys alone, but men, women, old, young, white, black, hispanic, etc.

Carry on...
Well said! Since when does color have anything to do with exercising your rights?
I hope we can get more people of color involved.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

HankT wrote:
Master Doug Huffman wrote:
I think yes, that law enforcement officers supporting legally armed citizens are in the minority and that their fellows censure them.

Congratumalations to Dougs Huffman!

Dougs is now the NO. 1 poster on OCDO!!!!

Dougs now has 7,873 lifetime posts on OCDO and has surpassed Citizen, who has 7,869.

Way to goGalt's Gulchers!

america_number_one_poster-p228303289746284658qzz0_400.jpg

Dougsnumber one.

Dougs number one.

Dougs number one...
Get a Life! Hank Troll.
You look like a complete idiot with your stupid remarks and bantering. Grow up or go join some other forum. You make the rest of us look bad.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Lurchiron wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
Lammie wrote:
glock34:

Those handcuffs look like they would be perfect for a Wisconsin Winter. I would prefer a different color however.
:D , multicam ?

Hey Glock, did you find some new co-ed shooting range; or did you hire a new "cleaner" :dude:?

http://www.girlswithguns.org/

http://www.gungirls.com/
i think yer referring to the new Avatar, just some hotty I found om flickr.com , but I wish she was cleaning me.....:cool:

Lurchiron

imported post

Just make sure to use the new Pledge, the old brand leaves a yellow waxey build-up; eeeeewwwwww!!! :what:

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:
You guys should check out the almost 300 comments on the JS-Online article http://www.jsonline.com/news/waukesha/84928722.html

It is unbelievable how irrational the anti people are.
On the last couple of pages is an exchange between a gun control guy named calling himself "Tom Paine" and a Carry advocate calling herself, "RedHot". He called for statistics and when she supplied cites in abundance, the poor guy didn't know if he was on foot or on horseback....
wj9v0g.jpg
I hope she shows up on this forum; she is very well informed.

Dave