• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Today's Doonesbury

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Hopefully the old saying is true for us... "there's no such thing as bad publicity."

We are front and center on their radar now. I'm considering starting to carry again because I think the damage may already be done...

Pace

imported post

I like to laugh at the jokes. I make fun of myself, other opencarriers. We are all funny :)

Wc

imported post

This one is deemed that 'We are nuts'?
By: Pat Bagley

Wc

imported post

Editorial cartoon: Firearms in U.S. National Parks
Posted at 12:44 PM on Friday, Feb. 26, 2010
By S.W. Parra / The Fresno Bee

Editorial cartoon about a new federal law passed which allows visitors to the country's national parks to carry firearms and concealed weapons. Published on Thursday, February 25, 2010.

Wc

imported post

http://www.markfiore.com/taxonomy/term/398

Hello Mark. I am F.
Submitted by Anonymous on Sun, 2009-10-18 07:11.

Hello Mark. I am F. Allen Norman, publisher of the Alexandria Daily Poop and "handgunner" on Justintv.com. Also I blog as "Alexcabbie" on the Opencarry.org website. It is from the Opencarry.org website that I learned of your blog and your videos showing the talking pistol rejoicing in firearms deaths.
I have expressed to my fellows my belief that your heart is in the right place. None of the firearm owners I know is sitting on the edge of his chair waiting for an opportunity to take a life. In fact, we avoid situations - if reasonably possible - where we might have to use deadly force. But I carry a firearm, and if I had been at Virginia Tech the slaughter would have stopped with me had the killer confronted me. Killers prefer "soft targets". So for that matter do those who rob and rape. I have no doubt the a-hole who shot up the Holocaust Museum in DC thought he was going into a "soft target" and did not know there were armed security personnel.
Of particular interest to me was your take on "gringo guns"; a canard if ever there was one. Fully automatic weapons are not "cheaply available" in the United States and furthermore the drug cartels would not be able to buy them if only the USA would permit the production and sale - think tax benefits too - of marijuana; which we can grow better cultivars of than anyone in the world.
All this stuff and more is addressed in the Opencarry.org forum. Become a mamber and identify yourself. If the opportunity is there almost any of us would love to take you to the range for an afternoon of shooting and discussion; and you may be hearing from some of my bretherin shortly. Come to OCDO and speak to us, Mark. We would love to hear from you.

Wc

imported post

May 2, 2010

db100502.gif

coolusername2007

imported post

Just more DOOMSBury propaganda.

1. Exercising your 2A rights equates to you being a moron.

2. Defend liberty and look at what you become, a one-eyedstuttering basket case.

Good grief!