• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Club .45

Dreamer

imported post

McX wrote:
dreamer, that is one beautiful .45. just the one i wish for. you sure know how to hurt a guy! oh, and what's the story on the gap round?
No, as others have said it's not a '.45 GAP. It's a good old .45 ACP.

The only "GAP" that have anything to do with my Para are the ones it makes in targets... ;)

Thanks for all the compliments, guys. Novaks did a wonderful job building and tuning this Para. It is indeed a work of art, both aesthetically and functionally.

Jim675

Founder's Club Member
imported post

This thread can't die already!

Here's my Sig P220 Special Match

P220a-1.jpg

and Les Baer Monolith

Les_LS.jpg

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

McX wrote:
interesting information, and damn nice pics too! got a question, which manufacturers, and models offer the 'safe decocking' thing, and is it safe to carry with one in the chamer, hammer down. if dropped any chances it will go off? I'm not keen on that back grip safety, but i suppose it's something one can get used to, any thoughts or experiences on that aspect?
i was also wondering, in the .45 category, could anyone list manufacturers from lowest price/quality, to highest/price quality in order of 'occurance', so i can get a feel for if i'm in the eonomy isle, or uptown? i have a thing for the classic 1911 style design at present, but am open to ideas, and thoughts.
I'm 54. I've carried a M1911 of one make or another since I was 18. (Started in the US Army in 1974.) You don't have to get used to the grip safety, because generally speaking, you don't really notice it. The natural hold on the pistol, when you grip the 1911, depresses the grip safety.

Regarding decockers, if you have a 1911, the usual mode of carry for self defense is condition 1, or cocked and locked. Basically, the pistol is cocked, the manual thumb safety is on, and there's a round in the chamber. I suggest you google Col. Jeff Cooper.

With regard to 1911's, the Rock Island/Armscor is probably the best pistol with the lowest price. I've seen them listed on gunbroker.com for under $400.00.

I have owned a number of pistols in lifetime, but I find I keep going back to the 1911. It's almost 100 years old, and in my opinion, with a good 1911 in your inventory, you can toss away all the rest.

But that's just my opinion. :)

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

marrero jeff wrote:
i must admit, i have been drooling over an ed brown special forces lately
I drool over just about any well made pistol. :) Mostly 1911s, but I've been known to drool over non 1911 types also. :)