• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Club .45

Mr.FiredUp

imported post

eye95 wrote:
Grain alcohol. Home made. If you're gonna tick off BATFE, go for all the gusto.
That reminds me of a picture message I sent to my brother. I just finished up my "man cave" and placed my hi point c9 (no offense to the .45 thread) next to my bottle of whiskey and my winchester cigars in front of the tv where I was playing xbox. My text... "the atf would love to have a field day in here! (although there's nothing illegal going on)"

BIGPR2U

imported post

Here is my DAILY CARRY-G38, .45 G.A.P.

I just got this 2 months and must say great investment.

Lands all shots SPOT ON

185 gr. jacketed hollow point

Ruger

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
imported post

BIGPR4U2C wrote:

Lands all shots SPOT ON
Just curious... Why did you decide to go with the .45 GAP? If its a capacity issue, that's why I went with the Glock 21 (13+1), and I canbuy ammo for it anywhere.

I would think that finding ammo for that would be a pain.

BIGPR2U

imported post

Felt great in my hands, and the AMMO is not an issue as everyone claims..

I have a source that can get my AMMO in less then 24 hours, and PRICED RIGHT..

BIGPR2U

imported post

[align=center]We"ll like I posted, felt great in hand, and shoots SPOT ON.[/align]
[align=center]About data, I know there may differences in everyone's mind, but personally, i was looking for something that I can CCW, and have the STOPPING POWER, just like most of the Law Enforcement have,,[/align]

Ruger

imported post

Dude, nobody is criticizing your choice of .45GAP. Ultimately, if you're happy with it & you can get ammo for it then that's what matters. Its just that some of us areintrigued by it, as there aren't many folks who have adopted it. No need to get defensive about it ;)

Ruger

imported post

Nope. I don't know that I've seen one for sale in any of the gun stores in my area. Of course, I've never been specifically looking for one either. Can't say that I've noticed any .45GAP ammo sitting on the shelves behind the counter either.

I generally don't look too long & hard at firearms in a caliber that I don't see much ammo for at my local gun/outdoor stores. I see some 10mm in limited quantities & even more limited selection, and even less .357sig, and once in a blue moon a couple boxes of .380, but I don't think I've ever seen any .45GAP on the shelves.

BIGPR2U

imported post

I agree, my local store, does not have many on shelf either, but I got direct contact that can Overnight me anything I may need, so I guess I got lucky.

I picked this model for the FIT in my hand, and the comfort of CCW it daily..

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Ruger wrote:
BIGPR4U2C wrote:

Lands all shots SPOT ON
Just curious... Why did you decide to go with the .45 GAP? If its a capacity issue, that's why I went with the Glock 21 (13+1), and I canbuy ammo for it anywhere.

I would think that finding ammo for that would be a pain.
One good reason is that Bud's Gun shop has them for $379 delivered.

zoom6zoom

imported post

Love my 220.
P220.jpg

Those little flowers are what Golden Sabers look like after hitting the steel plate.

.45 GAP always confused me... it seemed like the answer to a question no one was asking.

cscitney87

imported post

I think the .45 GAP served a purpose. If Glock can take the .45 ACP and make it shorter; in turn producing Smaller .45 handguns- More Power to them. Glock isn't a stupid company. They aren't dumb over there. Their engineers know what they are doing. If they need a smaller .45 cal round to produce a smaller .45 cal pistol- Awesome; I'm sure they know what they are doing. I do not own a .45 GAP; I own a Taurus in a .45 ACP. I have no bias here I am just saying Glock isn't stupid; they asked for a shorter round and got a shorter round. I think it's a great idea. Smaller bullet; same practical stopping power. Gotta love that!

groovedrummer

imported post

cscitney87 wrote:
I think the .45 GAP served a purpose. If Glock can take the .45 ACP and make it shorter; in turn producing Smaller .45 handguns- More Power to them. Glock isn't a stupid company. They aren't dumb over there. Their engineers know what they are doing. If they need a smaller .45 cal round to produce a smaller .45 cal pistol- Awesome; I'm sure they know what they are doing. I do not own a .45 GAP; I own a Taurus in a .45 ACP. I have no bias here I am just saying Glock isn't stupid; they asked for a shorter round and got a shorter round. I think it's a great idea. Smaller bullet; same practical stopping power. Gotta love that!

lol you repeated yourself like 16 times right there.