• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CBS News 42 - Open carry blood drive in Alabama is successful

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

eye95 wrote:
Mike wrote:
Um, the reporter was open carrying and then transitioned to conceal carry - so, she has a permit to conceal??

Uh oh.
First Amendment right? :?

I mean she was "on stage" wasn't she?:quirky

Yata hey

Jonathon Sometimes

imported post

Conceal what?

Oh, that very realistic looking airsoft gun that we put on her and that I carryto eventsjust to put on reporters belts?

Yeah, ...that.

(Whistles)

(Twiddles thumbs.)

Ah, well. I'd like to see them prove otherwise. DJDD, ixnay on the alkingtay.

Hollowpoint38

A sandwich made of knuckles, Hoover, Alabama
imported post

Hey everyone. Sorry I didn't get to finish the day with y'all. My left lung collapsed. It was a close call, but I'm home now. I had to go through the most painful surgery ever without being put to sleep. Now, under the doctors orders, off my feet for the next month. This is gonna suck.

Anyway, I appreciate everyone that come out. Jonathon and I got the location put together close to the deadline but it worked out great. It wasn't a huge win for us but it was a success indeed. I hope some more people have started to realize what we're trying to do and decide to support their rights as well. Again, I wanted to thank everyone that came out and I can't wait for the next get together!

BTW: Jonathon.... David.... I had to secure my weapon for the ambulance ride and one of you have my magazines. LOL Let me know how to get those back. LOL Thanks! -Tim

Hollowpoint38

imported post

Jonathon Norris wrote:
Conceal what?

Oh, that very realistic looking airsoft gun that we put on her and that I carryto eventsjust to put on reporters belts?

Yeah, ...that.

(Whistles)

(Twiddles thumbs.)

Ah, well. I'd like to see them prove otherwise. DJDD, ixnay on the alkingtay.
Exactly. I remember it being a BB gun or something like that. I was never close enough to find out the cal.

eye95

imported post

Hollowpoint38 wrote:
Hey everyone. Sorry I didn't get to finish the day with y'all. My left lung collapsed. It was a close call, but I'm home now. I had to go through the most painful surgery ever without being put to sleep. Now, under the doctors orders, off my feet for the next month. This is gonna suck.

Anyway, I appreciate everyone that come out. Jonathon and I got the location put together close to the deadline but it worked out great. It wasn't a huge win for us but it was a success indeed. I hope some more people have started to realize what we're trying to do and decide to support their rights as well. Again, I wanted to thank everyone that came out and I can't wait for the next get together!

BTW: Jonathon.... David.... I had to secure my weapon for the ambulance ride and one of you have my magazines. LOL Let me know how to get those back. LOL Thanks! -Tim
Good to hear from you. Take it easy for that month. We have plenty of time to do get-togethers later.

So, what happened? Did LifeSouth tap the air in your lungs instead of the blood in your veins?

Hollowpoint38

imported post

Also, as soon as my wife gets back from the pharmacy, I'll start uploading the pictures and videos. They should be finished in the early AM hours due to the fact I will be so medically drugged, I'll forget.

Just keep an eye out for the post! Thanx people!

Hollowpoint38

imported post

eye95 wrote:
Good to hear from you. Take it easy for that month. We have plenty of time to do get-togethers later.

So, what happened? Did LifeSouth tap the air in your lungs instead of the blood in your veins?

No, they didn't do that. Actually they might have, the doc is 50% unsure why it happened. He also said no more smoking for me... that's the other 50%. LOL

I was on the way to Hoover Tactical and I couldn't breathe. I thought I was having a heart attack. I arm, shoulder, chest, ect. was in terrible pain.

To make things worse, the limited time I was in the sun... my face, and my entirehead have 2ND degree burns from the sun. OUCH! What a day. :uhoh:

eye95

imported post

Hollowpoint38 wrote:
eye95 wrote:

No, they didn't do that. Actually they might have, the doc is 50% unsure why it happened. He also said no more smoking for me... that's the other 50%. LOL

I was on the way to Hoover Tactical and I couldn't breathe. I thought I was having a heart attack. I arm, shoulder, chest, ect. was in terrible pain.

To make things worse, the limited time I was in the sun... my face, and my entirehead have 2ND degree burns from the sun. OUCH! What a day. :uhoh:
So, you gonna take the doc seriously and give up the smokes? I don't want to be preachy, but I hope so. I'm clean for 11 years now. And, there ain't nuthin' worse than a holier-than-thou ex-smoker! ;)

Hollowpoint38

imported post

Yeah. I'm going to try. It will be hard because I'm a coffee drinker and I love a smoke with coffee. Out of the 6 prescriptions, he gave me a nicotine patch to help me out. Don't know how much good it'll do, but worth a shot.

Starbucks Sundays will never be the same. Open Carry, Coffee, Friends, and..... no more smokes? UGH!

So did you ever find Hoover tactical and meet with David and Jonathon?

eye95

imported post

Hollowpoint38 wrote:
Yeah. I'm going to try. It will be hard because I'm a coffee drinker and I love a smoke with coffee. Out of the 6 prescriptions, he gave me a nicotine patch to help me out. Don't know how much good it'll do, but worth a shot.

Starbucks Sundays will never be the same. Open Carry, Coffee, Friends, and..... no more smokes? UGH!

Yeah. We don't have the terabytes necessary to completely relate the story. But, I finally got there.

With your phone bouncing all over the place, I never knew who I was going to talk to. Sorry if one of my calls caught you at a really bad time.

Hollowpoint38

imported post

eye95 wrote:
Hollowpoint38 wrote:

Yeah. We don't have the terabytes necessary to completely relate the story. But, I finally got there.

With your phone bouncing all over the place, I never knew who I was going to talk to. Sorry if one of my calls caught you at a really bad time.
No it was fine. Trust me!You kept my mind off the baseball bat sized IV needle going into my arm while an ambulance rushed hit every bump in the road.
So did you but anything worth OCing while you where there?

eye95

imported post

They had a nice CC vest at a great price. I have two, so I couldn't bring myself to buy it. But, it was such a great price. But, I have two. But, it was such a great price...

David S.

imported post

Jon has your Mags I gave them to him at Hoover Tactical because i knew i wouldnt see you before i had to go back to school for the week. I told your wife on the phone. Give us a call if you and the wife need anything at all I got you covered.

Been OCing all day and had no issues what so ever been to walmart 2 times dominos and just walkin around. Im waitin for someone to come upto me an say hey your that heat packin Brit that was on the news.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Hollowpoint38 wrote:
How do I post more than 1 picture at a time? It won't let me select more. What can I do?
Copy and paste or link to photo album.

Yata hey