• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CBS News 42 - Open carry blood drive in Alabama is successful

Hollowpoint38

A sandwich made of knuckles, Hoover, Alabama
imported post

100_3656.jpg

100_3657.jpg

100_3658.jpg

100_3660.jpg

100_3661.jpg

100_3663.jpg

100_3665.jpg

100_3666.jpg

100_3668.jpg

100_3677.jpg

100_3682.jpg

eye95

imported post

I just called CBS 8 WAKA here in Montgomery and suggested they look at the CBS 42 story from this weekend. Even if that only plants a seed, they will be receptive to our first Montgomery event.

On Sunday, we need to talk about a Montgomery event. Alabama OC has had a litter pick-up and a blood drive. Think about what we can do here.

Hollowpoint38

imported post

Forthose who want to see a few of the video outtakes, check out these. I started making videos after the CBS car pulled up.

Subscribe to theOpen Carry Alabama Youtube Channel. Weekly updates and videos of Open Carry events, meetings, etc. in Alabama!!!!

CBS 42 ~ Video 1 of 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZqPe-ldUEM

CBS 42 ~ Video 2 of 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52_0PIJk2vE

CBS 42 ~ Video 3 of 4

http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?feature=mhw5

CBS 42 ~ Video 4 of 4

The fourth video is not Open Carry related so it's on the Youtube channel and not posted here.

Mas49.56

imported post

Hollowpoint38 wrote:
eye95 wrote:
Good to hear from you.  Take it easy for that month.  We have plenty of time to do get-togethers later.

So, what happened?  Did LifeSouth tap the air in your lungs instead of the blood in your veins?

No, they didn't do that. Actually they might have, the doc is  50% unsure why it happened. He also said no more smoking for me... that's the other 50%. LOL

I was on the way to Hoover Tactical and I couldn't breathe. I thought I was having a heart attack. I arm, shoulder, chest, ect. was in terrible pain.

To make things worse, the limited time I was in the sun... my face, and my entire head have 2ND degree burns from the sun. OUCH! What a day. :uhoh:

Hey Hollowpoint,
It sounds like you had a spontaneous pneumothorax. I've seen them happen to smokers and non-smokers alike. One guy we had just laughed real hard and caused his! If they put in a chest tube to bring up your lung I bet that's what happened to you. WAG from limited info. :lol: I hope you feel better.

Hollowpoint38

imported post

Mas49.56 wrote:
Hollowpoint38 wrote:
eye95 wrote:
Good to hear from you. Take it easy for that month. We have plenty of time to do get-togethers later.

So, what happened? Did LifeSouth tap the air in your lungs instead of the blood in your veins?

No, they didn't do that. Actually they might have, the doc is 50% unsure why it happened. He also said no more smoking for me... that's the other 50%. LOL

I was on the way to Hoover Tactical and I couldn't breathe. I thought I was having a heart attack. I arm, shoulder, chest, ect. was in terrible pain.

To make things worse, the limited time I was in the sun... my face, and my entirehead have 2ND degree burns from the sun. OUCH! What a day. :uhoh:

Hey Hollowpoint,
It sounds like you had a spontaneous pneumothorax. I've seen them happen to smokers and non-smokers alike. One guy we had just laughed real hard and caused his! If they put in a chest tube to bring up your lung I bet that's what happened to you. WAG from limited info. :lol: I hope you feel better.
That's the medical term. Thanks. I couldn't remember what they called it, but that's what it was. I appreciate the info.

Packer fan

imported post

Jonathon Norris wrote:
Conceal what?

Oh, that very realistic looking airsoft gun that we put on her and that I carry to events just to put on reporters belts?

Yeah, ...that.

(Whistles)

(Twiddles thumbs.)

Ah, well. I'd like to see them prove otherwise.  DJDD, ixnay on the alkingtay.

I don't care what kind of gun it was or caliber it is the fact that she had one on. After watching the other videos it looked as if she rather enjoyed it.

smttysmth02gt

imported post

Packer fan wrote:
Jonathon Norris wrote:
Conceal what?

Oh, that very realistic looking airsoft gun that we put on her and that I carryto eventsjust to put on reporters belts?

Yeah, ...that.

(Whistles)

(Twiddles thumbs.)

Ah, well. I'd like to see them prove otherwise. DJDD, ixnay on the alkingtay.

I don't care what kind of gun it was or caliber it is the fact that she had one on. After watching the other videos it looked as if she rather enjoyed it.
I agree. I showed it to my wife when she covered it up and said "crime! No permit" and my wife goes "she looks comfortable with it...maybe she DOES have a permit".

Packer fan

imported post

I think every news reporter should carry. Look at some of the stories they cover and the stalkers the women have. It just looked like she liked the fact knowing she could take care of herself if need be. She looked comforted by the gun or the men there made her feel at easy. I don't think she had her permit because she was stumbling over the fact that getting into the car or covering was permit only.

Did anyone ask if she wanted to join opencarry.org?

Hollowpoint38

imported post

Packer fan wrote:
I think every news reporter should carry. Look at some of the stories they cover and the stalkers the women have. It just looked like she liked the fact knowing she could take care of herself if need be. She looked comforted by the gun or the men there made her feel at easy. I don't think she had her permit because she was stumbling over the fact that getting into the car or covering was permit only.

Did anyone ask if she wanted to join opencarry.org?

Yeah. I don't think she did. When she was packing up to leave I asked her if she carried a pistol and she told me "no". I asked why and she said something about not needing oneand "used to havea pistol". So I'm not sure if she had a permit.

But then again, she was on private property was permission to have a weapon. Would it matter?

I also asked her to join OCDO. I told her how to find the forum and gave her a few screen names of the guys at the drive so she would know who she was talking to.

Packer fan

imported post

Sounds great.

The picture above with the guy in the white T doing the interview for the camera should have said, "I'm from another planet. I'm here because this is only country that I know I can OC my laser gun. On my home planet we can't OC." :lol:

Just look at the angle the picture was taken. It looks like he has antennas. (my wife pointed it out.)

Hollowpoint38

imported post

Packer fan wrote:
Sounds great.

The picture above with the guy in the white T doing the interview for the camera should have said, "I'm from another planet. I'm here because this is only country that I know I can OC my laser gun. On my home planet we can't OC." :lol:

Just look at the angle the picture was taken. It looks like he has antennas. (my wife pointed it out.)
LOL I just saw it. That's funny. Jonathon is an alien. That, or we was OCing at disney land and got those "bobble toys" that go on your head.

eye95

imported post

Hollowpoint38 wrote:
Packer fan wrote:
Sounds great.

LOL I just saw it. That's funny. Jonathon is an alien. That, or we was OCing at disney land and got those "bobble toys" that go on your head.
My wife saw it too. (Is this a woman thing?) Anyway, she pointed at the antennae and said, "My Favorite Martian!"