• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stainless1911

infidel4life

What do kids have to do with it? Are you referring to its altitude?

Pretty much referring to the fact then anyone including a kid might be able to make the weapon fire from the position in the photo. I was wondering if you had kids in question of that fact. It would really suck to get shot in the leg by my own kid with my own gun.. From the photo presented as I stated it looks unsecure , unstable and as you mention the altitude.

stainless1911

Banned
from the pic I get what youre saying. Actually, Its position results in it being covered by my hand. Its in a blackhawk retention holster, which covers the trigger, and holds the gun very securely. Im not worried about a child, or adult getting this from me, if I did, I certainly wouldnt carry it that way. As for my kid, she's 7, and she has been carefully instructed in firearms. She is familiar with this weapon,has shot a handgun already, has her own rifle, and knows the basic safety knowledge that would be expected of anyone before handling weapons.

infidel4life

yes id say he is,, just got here.

Not at all I was reading most of the latest post's and basicly somewhere it stated a mall or something. I would probably have to see it in person and have some people try and pull it off my leg. I might even put a snap cap in my firearm and see if there is any way to make it fire. Not sure if this has been attempted or thought of but...

infidel4life

How do you carry? What gun?

Lots of variables in that question. I guess it depends on the day, weather , what I am wearing. I do not carry the same everyday. Some days I do not use a holster. Some days I use a IWB hybrid, Most days its a blackhawk. Some days I used this concealed chest type holster. What I carry doesn't really matter. From my point of view. It goes bang! I think complacency is a mistake thus I change just about daily. I do not ever want to forget I am carrying. That being said I also strive to be proficient in any carry format.

Last edited:

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Troll alert!!! Troll alert!!! Troll alert!!! ------------> why feed it?

Lots of variables in that question. I guess it depends on the day, weather , what I am wearing. I do not carry the same everyday. Some days I do not use a holster. Some days I use a IWB hybrid, Most days its a blackhawk. Some days I used this concealed chest type holster. What I carry doesn't really matter. From my point of view. It goes bang! I think complacency is a mistake thus I change just about daily. I do not ever want to forget I am carrying. That being said I also strive to be proficient in any carry format.

Check the links (in all it's posts) they go to concealed pistol law links....this is just another goof trying to muck around and be "better than" those OC people.

As with all animals the more you feed it the more you encourage it to hang around.

NOW as to the Stainless 1911 rig...DUDE if you want I'll buy you one like I use; that thing maybe be functional but it screams "incompetent carrier here..look...look...officers & be ready to duck bystanders".

P.S. Maybe Kyle is trying to tell you something by starting a thread just for you? Food for thought...? I am serious about the holster send me your info (PM) & I'll have it shipped to your door...it's a no frills get the job done rig...nothing fancy but secure & functional with a spare mag holder.

Last edited:

eastmeyers

Check the links (in all it's posts) they go to concealed pistol law links....this is just another goof trying to muck around and be "better than" those OC people.

As with all animals the more you feed it the more you encourage it to hang around.

He is not a conceal guy he is a anti carry guy/gal/it. He wants you to think he is a cop, but he is not, he is just a sheep in fox clothes trying to turn us into sheep. :p

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Ive checked the links. good thought.

Are you saying I should drop the leg holster?

I'm saying if you can't afford a new "non home engineered" leg drop holster I'll buy you one. :)

Don't quit wearing a leg drop, just not that one is all I'm saying. I am offering because I was taught if your are going to call out a problem you better be able to put up a solution.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
I'm saying if you can't afford a new "non home engineered" leg drop holster I'll buy you one. :)

Don't quit wearing a leg drop, just not that one is all I'm saying. I am offering because I was taught if your are going to call out a problem you better be able to put up a solution.

No problem Sir. ;) PM your info & I'll get the order placed over the weekend. This is a basic rig but it works well there was a picture of me at the Marysville picnic thread wearing an identical one (guy with white shirt on).

Last edited:

eastmeyers

No problem Sir. ;) PM your info & I'll get the order placed over the weekend. This is a basic rig but it works well there was a picture of me at the Marysville picnic thread wearing an identical one (guy with white shirt on).
G9 Is a good man, I talked with him for a good two hours at the Warren picnic, I don't know how I missed him at the Marrysville picnic however.
God Bless As ALWAYS! :banana::banana::banana:

Slave

damn the Rig, what jeans are those? Those look like some comfy jeans to carry in.

I like to carry IWB when I carry concealed, I am buying a crossbreed, just got this basic Kydex one now.

Are those that denim type that stretch?

I carry now in loose fit Tommy jeans, Wranglers, South Pole, and Roca Wear.

Wife conceal carries in Apple Bottom Jeans, J Lo jeans, South Pole and Tommy.

Those look like they could beat all of them.

WTF, fashion derail FTL.