• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MADISON woman robbed at gunpoint while walking last night

The Don

Nope, no need for a gun in Madison. :rolleyes:

But protias...if we banned ALL guns then that criminal would have had a gun to rob her with either. and surely he wouldn't have used a knife or any other weapon to rob her either. so just like that there would be no more crime because everyone knows that guns are the one single cause of all crime in the world.

(much sarcasm there, in case you didn't pick up on it.)

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Its a good thing that woman wasn't exercising her "silly constitutional rights" (as Linda Cnare would say) should the criminal have had intentions other than robbing her.

M

McX

she probably should have ducked into a culver's and sought the protection or deterrence of an open carrier (?)

protias

But protias...if we banned ALL guns then that criminal would have had a gun to rob her with either. and surely he wouldn't have used a knife or any other weapon to rob her either. so just like that there would be no more crime because everyone knows that guns are the one single cause of all crime in the world.

(much sarcasm there, in case you didn't pick up on it.)

fo sho! I'm sure no baseball bats would have been used either.

Its a good thing that woman wasn't exercising her "silly constitutional rights" (as Linda Cnare would say) should the criminal have had intentions other than robbing her.
We should forward this article to Ms. Cnare...

rotty

I was under the impression that the Madison PD had it all under control ?

I do like the idea of ducking into culvers or starbucks .. decent odds of running into an OC'r these days.

Im off to starbucks to take my G23 for a walk ... oh .. the dog too :)

X

XxCaMeLxxToSiSxX

Funny how something like this gets a small article and someone exercising their right to OC gets front page news.

TyGuy

Wow, just wow. I would love to see what the Alder's response would be to this news article as it pertains to OC.

Captain Nemo

The Don:

I know you were being facetious but you bring up a good point. Since the year England, Canada and Australia for the most part banned cilvilian ownership of handguns violent crime in those countries has increased an average of 30%. The criminal's weapon of choice? Knives.

The Don

The Don:

I know you were being facetious but you bring up a good point. Since the year England, Canada and Australia for the most part banned cilvilian ownership of handguns violent crime in those countries has increased an average of 30%. The criminal's weapon of choice? Knives.

Yeah, I've seen that stat, too. It's a good thing the anti's/21%ers here are so determined not to learn from other's mistakes.

X

XxCaMeLxxToSiSxX

LOL, lets just make the entire world out of a soft rubbery type material. While were at it lets just put everyone in a straight jacket as to keep them from harming themself or someone else. We should move to put a ban on all trees and rocks aswell.

@ oliverclothesoff.... is your avatar a trail cam in the area ? I hear alot about a mountain lion living between elroy and kendall attacking the same horse like 3 times.

Last edited:

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
WOMAN ROBBED because Chief THREATENED HER WITH ARREST if she EXERCISED HER RIGHTS

After all, his (MPD Chief) threat was directed at any/all individuals within the city of Madison, so she didn't carry because of her FEAR of the POLICE and look where that got her. Now the goblin knows where she lives, probably has access to her bank, credit cards, schedule, everything that was in that computer.

The goblin can come calling on her again anytime and she STILL won't be able to defend herself because of her FEAR of the POLICE.

B

bhancock

Joel DeSpain of the MPD email snip;
"This is relatively new terrain here in Madison, as far as law abiding citizens carrying weapons in public places. We do see a lot of gun violence, unfortunately, and we are doing our best to keep the peace. I do think the best way to deal with most cantankerous issues is to have everyone involved continue to have an open dialogue."

Perhaps Joel should invite the criminal and the victim to a little chat so they can work out the cantankerous issues, you know, like armed robbery and not wanting to be a victim. Perhaps he could get the criminal enrolled in the police academy. Yes I am being sardonic.