• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Combat Handguns - Feb 2011, Article - Gun-Flash Reprecussions (Case Three - page 90)

kwikrnu

Banned
And an orange Ak-47 just happens to be the most tactical weapon you own for that purpose. I'm not buying this garbage any more than others on here. Your antics are not the ations of person whose only purpose is "self-defense". Far from it, you seek attention and provocation.

Tennessee defines an ak pistol as a handgun and it is legal to carry in a State Park.

rickc1962

In your own words it is stupid to carry a legal handgun, in a legal place, at a legal time, and in a legal manner.

I do not know the story of kwikrnu, but I will say this, I open carry everyware I go, not to draw attention to my self but everything I do is "cowboy" I dress, work, talk, think and shoot cowboy, my ruger vaquero 45 lc is big and it can be seen, I do tho act veary polite and responsible and everyone that knows my would say I would give my life for them if need be. The reason I say this is because some people have the right idea, just the wrong approach, only mags` I read have to do with cowboys, horses`, the old west or getting back to the land, but I have read Massad Ayoob`s work in Backwoods Home Magazine many-a-time and have found him to be a stand up guy. He has a great article on cold weather shooting, in Nov./Dec. of Backwoods Home.

J.Gleason

Banned
Gee I wonder what happened to the over zealous moderator with his all powerful delete button that is supposed to be used to thwart personal attacks in this forum.

Seems the rules are against Cop bashing but appears that it is OK for Cops to come here and bash us. Go figure, we wouldn't expect the rules to be fair now would we?

kwikrnu

Banned
Gee I wonder what happened to the over zealous moderator with his all powerful delete button that is supposed to be used to thwart personal attacks in this forum.

Seems the rules are against Cop bashing but appears that it is OK for Cops to come here and bash us. Go figure, we wouldn't expect the rules to be fair now would we?

Personal attacks =bad
name calling= bad
saying something negative about a cop = bad

libel=good
defamation=good
saying something bad about an open carrier=good
banning doug = good

Those rules sound fair to me.

Last edited:

Ivan Sample

I have been reading this and it makes me sick to my stomach that we all can't get along is this forum. People like to bash each other, name calling, and do personal attacks in here. This forum is not for that, its for us to share our knowledge with each other and for us to act like responsible adults. Just think if an anti-gun person was reading this-they will have a field day with this and for all of us who trying to help the cause. Negative comments about each other don't really serve purpose. All it does is create hell in here. Plus if you don't like what someone is saying-keep it moving. My mother use to tell me that if you don't have anything nice to say to someone, don't say nothing all. I think some of us needs to take my mother advice!

Last edited:

stainless1911

Banned
I have been reading this and it makes me sick to my stomach that we all can't get along is this forum. People like to bash each other, name calling, and do personal attacks in here. This forum is not for that, its for us to share our knowledge with each other and for us to act like responsible adults. Just think if an anti-gun person was reading this-they will have a field day with this and for all of us who trying to help the cause. Negative comments about each other don't really serve purpose. All it does is create hell in here. Plus if you don't like what someone is saying-keep it moving. My mother use to tell me that if you don't have anything nice to say to someone, don't say nothing all. I think some of us needs to take my mother advice!
Shoot, you should see what goes on in the Michigan forum, several people have simply quit posting because of it.

trooper46

Personal attacks =bad
name calling= bad
saying something negative about a cop = bad

libel=good
defamation=good
saying something bad about an open carrier=good
banning doug = good

Those rules sound fair to me.

It's very difficult to defame you at this point. You've done a very good job of that yourself with your own attention seeking stunts. I mean, you can't get much lower than having the reputation of being a possible anti-gun plant by waving an orange ak-47 around police and going cry baby all over the forum about day in and day out. Again, I'm glad they yanked your permit and hopefully we see a repeat in the future. The less damage you'll be able to do to OC.

Last edited:

kwikrnu

Banned
So, you think "they" should have enough power to give a permit that they can later yank because they felt like you broke some rule? What if the person is innocent? :eek:You know, a permit turns a right into a privilege.

You can't expect everyone on this site to think the right to bear arms shall not be infringed...I think it is about 50/50 and I'm pretty sure the site owners aren't on the "shall not be infringed" side.

Ivan Sample

Kwikrnu-

Please stop it-because these folks are eating you alive in here due to your negative comments that you have made in here. I want say anything negative about you but half the things you say in here, I will have to disagree with. But remember I agree to disagree and not bash you like you been bashing others.

kwikrnu

Banned
Kwikrnu-

Please stop it-because these folks are eating you alive in here due to your negative comments that you have made in here. I want say anything negative about you but half the things you say in here, I will have to disagree with. But remember I agree to disagree and not bash you like you been bashing others.

All of the negative comments I have made? :rolleyes:

This thread was started to bash, libel, and defame me. Even the magazine retracted the libelous comments. John claims to take the high road by heavily moderating the name calling, cop bashing, and everything else except for libelous and defamatory comments against me which no one has shown to have any truth behind them.

Ivan Sample

Kwikrnu-

You are a grown up and you should move on and stop making comments to the point where other members have to respond in a bashing way. By the way whats up with you and libels?

kwikrnu

Banned
Kwikrnu-

No one is forcing you to make the comments either!

Please cite where I have made any personal attack in this thread. The following are not bashes they are the truth;
1. Ayoob is anti-open carry and the audio is available on youtube.
2. Cops have lied to me and illegally detained me and I have it on video and audio.

Ivan Sample

Kwikrnu-

I really don't know you and you have bash others in here! I have read some of your post in here so please don't play like you innocent or the victim. As far as you wanting me to cite what you wrote-it probably did happen to you and I am not talking about that to begin with. I am talking about things like your threats to sue another member for what I don't know and really don't care. Let me give you some free advise-just watch what you write in here because other members are not as nice as me. Be careful how you tread in here due to the simple fact that you are becoming dog meat in here.

neuroblades

All of the negative comments I have made? :rolleyes:

This thread was started to bash, libel, and defame me. Even the magazine retracted the libelous comments. John claims to take the high road by heavily moderating the name calling, cop bashing, and everything else except for libelous and defamatory comments against me which no one has shown to have any truth behind them.

Well kwikr, I'm the one that posted this thread, this thread is based upon the Combat Hundguns magazine article by one of their best contributing writer's, Massad Ayoob!

Mas pulled the information from sources to write his article about you, based upon your previous and prior history of reckless OC. Before you start trying to argue the point or whining around about YOUR rights being obstructed, need I remind you of your prior statement on this forum in the Tennessee section, that you didn't care about anyone else's rights, JUST YOURS.

As for the Combat Handguns "retracting" the article, cite merit!

As for Pierce, being "unfair" in reference to you, don't make any of us laugh! If anything he's been MORE THAN FAIR! Personally, I've been contacted by members of this forum that believe that it would be in the best interest of OCDO that you be banned. While I can't find a valid argument against them, I do value EVERYONE'S First Amendment Right to Freedom of Speech, even yours! Unlike you, who has stated that you DO NOT VALUE anyone else's Second Amendment Right EXCEPT your own. If Pierce decides to ban you from the OCDO forum, you will of course rant and rave somewhere else about how "unfair", how "anti-OC", or how badly you were treated. It's just the same old song and dance that we've all heard from you.

In closing, no one here has mistreated or defamed you here either, just stated facts based upon your actions, your behaviour and your own words and statements.

Last edited: