• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone interested in a Milwaukee-area pancake breakfast?

Which date & place?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MKEgal

OK... here's the deal

I scouted out the place today (er, um, had brunch) & found it quite acceptable: generous portions (other than OJ, which is delicious & fresh-squeezed, but pricey), friendly staff, decent prices, adequate parking, no schools nearby, etc.

After I ate I talked with the manager about scheduling a small party. She said normally they don't take reservations on weekends because they're SO very very busy, but we talked it over and agreed that if our group can be there at 08:30 they'll make an exception.

Yeah, I know it's early. I asked for 9, she wanted 8. We compromised. They have a 1.5 hour time limit on weekends. (See above, about being busy, then add that this will be the Saturday before Christmas & we're across the street from a mall.)

I did let her know we're a group of civil rights activists focussing on gun rights, and that most of us would be armed. Her main concern was that we not do anything that would reasonably be expected to alarm other customers. (Sensible position, IMHO.)

So: NO long guns and guns stay in their holsters. (Yeah, I know, preaching to the choir. But there's always a first time.)

And given the history of open carry interactions with the Brookfield PD, I suggest people bring their favorite piece of portable recording equipment... to share over breakfast. Yeah, that's it. Share.

I did point out that I was armed, and had created no disturbance when I came in, nor while I ate. Also gave her contact info for Lizzie's and the Delavan Starbuck's, and though she took it she said she probably wouldn't call them. I guess that's a good thing. :)

I need to email her a head count by next Wed. the 1st. Tentatively, I told her probably 12 to 20 people.
So far (SAT 26NOV), this seems to be the cast of characters:
Me
McX
Paul
Protias (better?) :p ;)
RangeRat
GlockMeisterG21

Please post here or PM me to be added to the count.

SAT 18DEC, 08:30-10:00

The address is:
16460 W Bluemound Rd.
Brookfield, WI
53005-5908
(262) 797-0800

Take 94 to Moorland Rd.
Exit going north.
Turn left / west on Bluemound. (You'll be bending around Brookfield Square Mall, which is a defense-free zone.)
Get into the right lane.
Just after the first light, you'll see Ruf Rd. on the right (north).
There's a large red sign for a furniture store, and under it is a white sign for the pancake house.
Turn there, then make an immediate left into the parking lot.
The restaurant is a white house that's close to Bluemound. Entrance is on the side away from the road.

Last edited:

GlockMeisterG21

Campaign Veteran
I'll be there. I haven't been able to make a gathering since the last Thunder Bay outing an am looking forward to it!

Now I just need to figure out which gun to wear :)

Last edited:

MKEgal

Hmmm Maybe I would attend... though I wouldnt know anyone there lol

That's part of the reason for these social events - get to know people in person you've only sparred with online. ;)

I'm one of the shyest people ever (yes, really... stop laughing you two) yet I come to the meet-n-greets most months.

Heck, it's a relatively short time so even if you find us to be boring or stinky you won't have to put up with us very long. And there's food involved, which makes almost any situation better... except being seasick.

OK, so we have eight:
Me
McX
Paul
Protias
RangeRat
GlockMeisterG21
Brandon
Oak1971

Remember your favorite audio/video recording device! (I did send a note to the Brookfield PD telling them we're having a social event & inviting them to attend, so mind your P's & Q's about transport.)

Last edited:

LR Yote 312

Put me down as a possible....
I wish I could say its a sure thing but UC checks dont go far this time of year.

Are the Brookfield Storm Troopers getting their own table too???

Or should we be polite and reserve one for them ??

LR Yote

Last edited:

MKEgal

Are the Brookfield Storm Troopers getting their own table too???
Or should we be polite and reserve one for them??

I haven't heard from any of them... guess they'll have to stand in line & get their own table.
Actually, most of the officers with whom I interacted in July were generally polite. Most of them. A few were jerks, swore, or made snide comments. Some actually had a sense of humor.
Didn't make the experience any less awful or less illegal.

Jason in WI

Jenny and I will try and be there. I hate to make a commitment and not show up, but I will definitely try and if I don't have any pressing work I should be able to make it.

paul@paul-fisher.com

That's part of the reason for these social events - get to know people in person you've only sparred with online. ;)

I'm one of the shyest people ever (yes, really... stop laughing you two) yet I come to the meet-n-greets most months.

Heck, it's a relatively short time so even if you find us to be boring or stinky you won't have to put up with us very long. And there's food involved, which makes almost any situation better... except being seasick.

OK, so we have eight:
Me
McX
Paul
Protias
RangeRat
GlockMeisterG21
Brandon
Oak1971

Remember your favorite audio/video recording device! (I did send a note to the Brookfield PD telling them we're having a social event & inviting them to attend, so mind your P's & Q's about transport.)

It should be Paul+1.

MKEgal

Woohoo - eleven! Eleven going once... eleven going twice...

Me
McX
Paul + 1
Protias
RangeRat
GlockMeisterG21
Brandon (probably)
Oak1971
Jason & Jenny (probably)

-