• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone interested in a Milwaukee-area pancake breakfast?

Which date & place?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
M

McX

MKE, i'm realy sorry i couldn't get there. stuck working on sat's/ but i realy like the idea of a breakfast meet, if you can, poll the brethren, and sister-ren, and see if we can set the next one up for a sunday am?
damn, i am realy disappointed i had to work, i love to go to and see sucessful events!

LR Yote 312

This is the third time in trying to post so sorry for the late reply.
Everytime I tried on Sat the site went down.

Food was excellent ....And they were packed,so yeah the service was slow.
I brought home a to go omelet for the Mrs and she thought it was fantastic.
Prices fair...very fair. I was amazed how the plates kinda kept comin for my order,but I was plenty hungry,too.

As I was walkin up to the hostess station to pay my bill I got stopped by a couple from Ill Annoy asking was if we were all Police....Had to crack a smile at that one.
Who knows...they might have thought I was undercover DEA..LOL.
So I passed out a few flyers and explained OC is legal in Wi. and that we were pushing for Constitutional Carry and we were just a few of the members that like to hook up and have a some conversation over coffee and meal.
And also for some of us it was a Meet N Greet as it was the first time for some of us meeting each other.

I did notice one lil gal...maybe 6 yrs old that had noticed Glockmiesters side arm and pointed it out to Mama ,who kinda whisked the kid away in a rush.

I would have no problem eating there again....even as crowded as it was.
It lacked Lizzy's homey touch and personal flair.
But Lizzy spoils hell out of us too.

A big Thanxs to MKEgal for settin this up.
Always a pleasure to meet other OC'ers.

LR Yote

Jason in WI

Just had the rest of my omelet for breakfast, very very good. We would definitely be interested in going back. Having never been there, I really wasn't expecting such great food! We already told a couple of people who live around there how good it was, and their going to try it out.

It was great to meet all the new faces (to me). When I got there I though we were going to have only a few people in our "section" but it filled up pretty quick, unfortunately Cobra469 and family had to sit just outside our little area. Hopefully we can all sit together next time, maybe an extra table for LR Yote since he ordered the whole menu :eek:; lol I don't think any of us had a clue on the portion size! The name tags were a good idea, especially for me and my horrible memory.

Thanks for arranging this MKEgal!

LR Yote 312

Actually only half the menu...I didnt order anything from the Crepes,and waffles sections of the menu...

Smelling all the good food while listening ,talkin and waiting was makin my belly think my throat was cut.
I am very surprised you and range rat didnt hear it rumbling.;);)

LR Yote

MKEgal

reply from the manager

We really enjoyed your group as well.
You were a nice bunch and we look forward to seeing you all again.
I really appreciate you turning them onto us!

I'd told her of the generally pleased chatter on the list here, and that some were referring friends to her place.
Sounds to me like we've got a 3rd 'home'...: Starbuck's in Delavan, Lizzy's, & now the Original Pancake House in Brookfield.

I believe the recommended phrase is something like "way to represent!"

M

McX

This is the third time in trying to post so sorry for the late reply.
Everytime I tried on Sat the site went down.

Food was excellent ....And they were packed,so yeah the service was slow.
I brought home a to go omelet for the Mrs and she thought it was fantastic.
Prices fair...very fair. I was amazed how the plates kinda kept comin for my order,but I was plenty hungry,too.

As I was walkin up to the hostess station to pay my bill I got stopped by a couple from Ill Annoy asking was if we were all Police....Had to crack a smile at that one.
Who knows...they might have thought I was undercover DEA..LOL.
So I passed out a few flyers and explained OC is legal in Wi. and that we were pushing for Constitutional Carry and we were just a few of the members that like to hook up and have a some conversation over coffee and meal.
And also for some of us it was a Meet N Greet as it was the first time for some of us meeting each other.

I did notice one lil gal...maybe 6 yrs old that had noticed Glockmiesters side arm and pointed it out to Mama ,who kinda whisked the kid away in a rush.

I would have no problem eating there again....even as crowded as it was.
It lacked Lizzy's homey touch and personal flair.
But Lizzy spoils hell out of us too.

A big Thanxs to MKEgal for settin this up.
Always a pleasure to meet other OC'ers.

LR Yote

LR i thought you said you were K.G.B.?

MKEgal

Rather than start a new thread, I'll resurrect this one w/ all the address info.

Anyone wanna get together for breakfast Sun. the 13th? 10ish?
I hear a blueberry waffle calling.

We could also go to the range together afterwards.
Shooter's Shop in West Allis opens at 11, $15/hr, 7 bays
Fletcher Arms in Waukesha opens at 10, $14/hr, 10 bays

ETA: Oops... apparently there's a brunch @ 10:30 at Lizzy's tomorrow!
So let's just aim for the 13th in Brookfield.

Last edited:

XDFDE45

So let's just aim for the 13th in Brookfield.
I'm down for the 13th, got it marked on the calendar
thumbsup.gif

MKEgal

please PM me if you're coming

If people who are coming could please PM me so I know about how many to plan for, I'd appreciate it. Since they're very busy on weekends, I'm hoping to get there a little early & put our names in for a table. I'll check the final count Sunday morning.

MKEgal

So as of 11 tonight, combining the PMs here w/ the confirmations from the event page on Facebook, we have... [drumroll please]
10 people!!

I'm thinking maybe I should email the manager w/ a head's up so maybe she'll see it in the AM. And I'll definitely get there around 10 to put us in line for a table.

Everyone remember to set your clocks forward tonight.

Last edited:

civilwarguy

just got back had a great time and great food.......oh and learned that i must get me one of those XDs so i can be in the ATF too.....

MKEgal

OK, so we ended up with only 7... 1 was a double-reservation :rolleyes:, the other 2 were no-shows. :mad:

We did get a bigger table this time, though, and not stuck away in a corner. (They tried, we asked for the better table.)
Only downside to being in the front room was the very high noise level. My lipreading skills are not up to that.

As usual, dozens of people came & went, a few noticed our accessories, and nobody was harmed or ran screaming out of the restaurant. I understand Brian was once again thought to be ATF. :cool: (Based, apparently, on the fact that his gun is not flat black. How do people come up with these theories???)

Let's make this a quarterly thing, going back in June & Sep.

XDFDE45

I understand Brian was once again thought to be ATF. :cool: (Based, apparently, on the fact that his gun is not flat black. How do people come up with these theories???)
The funny part is everything about me is SOOOOOOO non regulation for being a federal agent (unless undercover). Maybe the flat dark earth color says ex military then into LE
dontknow.gif
? I promise once it gets warm enough to shed the hat and jacket and they see the shaved head and tats that will stop. I'd be up for a quarterly breakfast there.

Last edited: