• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone interested in a Milwaukee-area pancake breakfast?

Which date & place?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MKEgal

Sat 18dec 08:30-10:00

OK... I called her this morning and told her 14 people. I'm pretty sure the list below is accurate...
We have 9 definites and 4 probables. So we have room for one well-behaved police officer. ;)
I'll bring nametags & a pen.

Me
McX
Paul + 1
Protias
RangeRat
GlockMeisterG21
XDFDE45
Iceman
LRYote (probably)
Brandon (probably)
Jason & Jenny (probably)

The address is:
16460 W Bluemound Rd.
Brookfield, WI
53005-5908
(262) 797-0800

Take 94 to Moorland Rd.
Exit going north.
Turn left / west on Bluemound. (You'll be bending around Brookfield Square Mall, which is a defense-free zone.)
Get into the right lane.
Just after the first light, you'll see Ruf Rd. on the right (north).
There's a large red sign for a furniture store, and under it is a white sign for the pancake house.
Turn there, then make an immediate left into the parking lot.
The restaurant is a white house that's close to Bluemound. Entrance is on the side away from the road.

And much as I hate being up that early, we have to be on time; they have a 90-minute time limit on weekends 'cause they're so busy.
Here's a menu, to help you dither ahead of time:
http://www.originalpancakehouse.com/images/locations/MG_Breakfast.pdf

Last edited:

MKEgal

Last call for pancake breakfast!!!!!

With the addition of the 3 (P229Sig357DAK) children we're up to 16 people.
I will email the manager tomorrow evening (SUN 12DEC) and give her a final head count.

Anyone else wanting to join us either post here or PM me by 6pm tomorrow (SUN 12DEC).

This place doesn't usually do reservations on weekends, so I don't want to tax her patience too much by wudging the numbers over & over.

The current cast of characters
MKEgal
McX
Paul + 1
Protias
RangeRat
GlockMeisterG21
XDFDE45
Iceman
P229Sig357DAK + 2
LRYote (probably)
Brandon (probably)
Jason & Jenny (probably)

I'll try to bump this Thurs. & Fri., as well as PMing to remind people.

Last edited:

P229Sig357DAK

Attorney Olson

I haven't heard from any of them... guess they'll have to stand in line & get their own table.
Actually, most of the officers with whom I interacted in July were generally polite. Most of them. A few were jerks, swore, or made snide comments. Some actually had a sense of humor.
Didn't make the experience any less awful or less illegal.

I thought it prudent to invite / inform Mr. Olson of this outing personally by leaving him a phone message and a way to return contact if he so chooses. Giving recent activities of the Brookfield Police Department and their "enthusiasm", I for one would feel better with an attorney present and avoid the whole "increased" possibility of being arrested, sidearm confiscated and children taken into the "temporary" stewardship of the state. Sounds strangely familiar with things I learned about in history class once upon a time.

XDFDE45

I thought it prudent to invite / inform Mr. Olson of this outing personally by leaving him a phone message and a way to return contact if he so chooses. Giving recent activities of the Brookfield Police Department and their "enthusiasm", I for one would feel better with an attorney present and avoid the whole "increased" possibility of being arrested, sidearm confiscated and children taken into the "temporary" stewardship of the state. Sounds strangely familiar with things I learned about in history class once upon a time.

I plan on bringing our video camera along so if anything should happen it will be recorded.

paul@paul-fisher.com

I won't guarantee anything, however, if past history is any indication, the Brookfield PD will be on their best behavior.

MKEgal

(Given) recent activities of the Brookfield Police Department and their "enthusiasm", I for one would feel better with an attorney present...

That's part of why I'm glad we have a good-sized group, and I'm encouraging everyone to bring their favorite piece of recording equipment to share & discuss over breakfast. Put it in a plastic bag if you're concerned about syrup. :D

And the manager knows ahead of time that we're well-behaved, mannerly, calm, polite civil rights activists who wouldn't think of handling our guns in her restaurant unless we were in danger. (Whack upside the head with a cluebat.)

Though as Paul says, since the recent bad behaviour by some officers was corrected by the department (& caused an expensive federal suit), hopefully they've gotten it out of their systems. Madistan PD certainly behaved better for the second Culver's group (larger, with media present) than the Madison 5.
Who knows, maybe an officer will join us for breakfast & we can have a nice conversation.

Last edited:

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Add me to the list!

Sorry I missed this thread. I believe it was Paul who reminded me of this breakfast this past Friday at Lizzy's. Somehow I missed it. I should be able to make it!

Thanks Krysta for putting this together!

MKEgal

We have 17 people!

The cast of characters
Brandon (probably)
GlockMeisterG21
Iceman
Jason & Jenny (probably)
LRYote (probably)
McX
MKEgal
P229Sig357DAK + 2
Paul + 1
Protias
RangeRat
rcawdor57
XDFDE45

I'll try to bump this Thurs. & Fri., as well as PMing to remind people.

MKEgal

Sorry to see you drop out, Protias.

I'll email the manager again & see if she can fit in 2 more people, but past today you'll have to stand in line for your own table. She's already doing us a favor by taking a reservation on a weekend; I don't want to stretch the limits of her generosity.

The cast of characters
Brandon (probably)
Cobra469 +2
GlockMeisterG21
Iceman
Jason & Jenny (probably)
LRYote (probably)
McX
MKEgal
P229Sig357DAK + 2
Paul + 1
RangeRat
rcawdor57
XDFDE45

I'll try to bump this Fri., as well as PMing to remind people.

MKEgal

bump

PMs sent; looking forward to seeing people tomorrow.
Yes, I know it's early & dark & cold. We'll do this again in the summer, OK?

Didn't know we can only PM 5 people at a time on a message...

Last edited:

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Sorry I couldn't make it this morning! The day was long with the night even longer and today I am babysitting. I really wanted to attend the breakfast. :(

MKEgal

For those whose parents raised them to send thank-you notes, I'm sending the manager's info PM to the names I had on the list (minus the 2 I know weren't there)...
I know not everyone showed, & I think there were 1 or 2 who didn't reserve a spot, so if you weren't there, ignore it, & if you were there & haven't gotten her info, PM me.

She was willing to take a chance on a "bunch of gun nuts", and gave us a reservation on a weekend, which they usually don't do. She also invited us back, so that's a good thing. :)

I wish we'd been in that next room forward, so we could have all sat together & chatted, and I think the wait to order was long, but other than that things seemed to go well.

People seemed to enjoy themselves, & each other, and especially the food. Strange lookin' omelette, but it was HUGE. It's really 2 omelettes made in one pan. Next time, I'll 'just' get pancakes. Or maybe a waffle.

Anyone want to try again, maybe in March?

Last edited: