Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Family book on OPEN CARRY now on sale.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Family book on OPEN CARRY now on sale.

Hey everyone,

Nate Nephew and I wrote a family book on open carry. It's called MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY. It's delightfully Illustrated by Lorna Bergman.

It's for ages 10 years and up. It is published by White Feather Press to get a discount on pre-orders go to: http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/
    If you open carry and have a difficult time explaining why to your kids, other family members and friends this book is for you or them. If you want to learn about the open carry of a handgun this book is for you. If you've wondered if open carry is right for you buy this book.

This book was written in the hope of providing a basic overview of the right to keep and bear arms as well as the growing practice of the open carry of a handgun. Our fear is that our children are being raised with a biased view of our constitution and especially in regards to the 2nd Amendment. Before writing this, we looked for pro-gun childrens books and couldn't find any. Our goal is to provide a wholesome family book that reflects the views of the majority of the American people, i.e., that self-defense is a basic natural right and that firearms provide the most efficient means for that defense. We truly hope you will enjoy this book and read and discuss it with your children over and over again.

BOOK OVERVIEW:

Come and join 13-year-old Brenna Strong along with her mom, Bea, and her dad, Richard, as they spend a typical Saturday running errands and having fun together. What's not so typical is that Brenna's parents lawfully open carry handguns for self-defense. The Strongs join a growing number of families that are standing up for their 2nd Amendment rights by open carrying and bringing gun ownership out of the closet and into the mainstream.

As you read this book, you will learn about the growing practice of open carry, the 2nd Amendment, and the right and responsibility of self-defense.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
    Great job guys! I can't wait to get a copy.

I recieved an e-mail about this book on my personal account. I noticed the recipients were adm@carsoncitymi.com. What is this and how did my personal e-mail get on this list.

Quote Originally Posted by RandyK View Post
    I recieved an e-mail about this book on my personal account. I noticed the recipients were adm@carsoncitymi.com. What is this and how did my personal e-mail get on this list.
    it might due to the authors maybe? just imho.
    -NRA Member, GSSF Member, GeorgiaCarry Member, Glock Certified Armorer, Glock 30SF, STI Elektra, M&P9c, NAA Black Widow .22 WMR
    -ďI do believe that where there is a choice only between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.ĒóMahatma Ghandhi

Quote Originally Posted by RandyK View Post
    I sent a blind copy to my email contact list. Just an FYI on the book. Delete as necessary.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

I wonder if the school libraries will have this book on hand? On second thought I know the answer, they donít want to scare the little kiddies.

Quote Originally Posted by budlight View Post
    I wonder if the school libraries will have this book on hand? On second thought I know the answer, they donít want to scare the little kiddies.
    Well I will be donating a copy to my School Districts library, how about you?

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    Well I will be donating a copy to my School Districts library, how about you?
    Great idea, but my luck they would just toss it.

Quote Originally Posted by budlight View Post
    Great idea, but my luck they would just toss it.
    You might be surprised. Librarians tend not to be book burners or banners. They value books and freedom of ideas. There really is no questionable content in the book, just well thought out ideas and logic.

I work at a library... I think I'll be donating a copy.

ordered mine !

There really is no questionable content in the book, just well thought out ideas and logic.
    We all know how well logic & reason go over with the antis...

If I had any hope of ever talking to my son again I'd buy this for him, but I'm positive his other parents would throw it away without letting him read it if I just sent it to him (or even took it to their house).

Hmmm... maybe buy a copy & figure out where in the stacks it should go, then put it in the library myself? Or put it in the book drop?
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Looks like a great Christmas gift for teens!

And for the younger kids, don't forget my children's book:

Why Does Daddy Wear a Gun?

Hey everyone,

Nate Nephew and I wrote a family book on open carry. It's called MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY. It's delightfully Illustrated by Lorna Bergman.

It's for ages 10 years and up. It is published by White Feather Press to get a discount on pre-orders go to: http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/
    If you open carry and have a difficult time explaining why to your kids, other family members and friends this book is for you or them. If you want to learn about the open carry of a handgun this book is for you. If you've wondered if open carry is right for you buy this book.

This book was written in the hope of providing a basic overview of the right to keep and bear arms as well as the growing practice of the open carry of a handgun. Our fear is that our children are being raised with a biased view of our constitution and especially in regards to the 2nd Amendment. Before writing this, we looked for pro-gun childrens books and couldn't find any. Our goal is to provide a wholesome family book that reflects the views of the majority of the American people, i.e., that self-defense is a basic natural right and that firearms provide the most efficient means for that defense. We truly hope you will enjoy this book and read and discuss it with your children over and over again.

BOOK OVERVIEW:

Come and join 13-year-old Brenna Strong along with her mom, Bea, and her dad, Richard, as they spend a typical Saturday running errands and having fun together. What's not so typical is that Brenna's parents lawfully open carry handguns for self-defense. The Strongs join a growing number of families that are standing up for their 2nd Amendment rights by open carrying and bringing gun ownership out of the closet and into the mainstream.

As you read this book, you will learn about the growing practice of open carry, the 2nd Amendment, and the right and responsibility of self-defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    Looks like a great Christmas gift for teens!

And for the younger kids, don't forget my children's book:

Why Does Daddy Wear a Gun?

A great book for 4-8 year olds. A great companion to my book which is for an older reader. Nice job John.

A bit more about the book.

The family goes grocery shopping then to the bookstore and finally the gun range. Along the way they talk with a variety of people (an anti-gun mom, a pro conceal carry person, teens, and others) who are curious about their guns and open carry. The parents discuss the pros and cons of open carry, why they do it and why we need to take on the responsibility of self-defense. A great book on many aspects of open carry, the 2nd amendment and self-defense. Also the daughter gets a surprise which is hinted at throughout the book.

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
    Just ordered mine!

Quote Originally Posted by Generaldet View Post
    Just ordered mine!
    Thanks. This is a great book on all aspects of carry, with an emphasis on OC. There is good stuff presented in an easy to understand format.

Just wondering if book store chains like Barnes & Noble, Borders and online retailers like Amazon will carry this book. Or, was these outlets approached to make this book available? How this works? I am thinking if big chain carry it, our cause will advance.

Quote Originally Posted by sasha601 View Post
    Just wondering if book store chains like Barnes & Noble, Borders and online retailers like Amazon will carry this book. Or, was these outlets approached to make this book available? How this works? I am thinking if big chain carry it, our cause will advance.
    Eventually it will be on Amazon and maybe bookstore, but this is a niche book so it will never be a NY best-seller.

It really all depends on how sales go in the next few days. If it is found that there is no interest with pre-orders than the publisher may stop printing the book altogether. that's why early sales are need to promote the book over the next few days.

Right now the book is only available from the publisher. So if you are interested in the book, please order it soon.

Congrats on the book! I will be ordering my copy in the next day or so...!!! From what I have seen so far, I think this book should do incredibly well because it not only explains OC but also breaks down general 2A politics in totally understandable, readable language.

can't wait to get my copy!

Quote Originally Posted by CarlottaValdez View Post
    Congrats on the book! I will be ordering my copy in the next day or so...!!! From what I have seen so far, I think this book should do incredibly well because it not only explains OC but also breaks down general 2A politics in totally understandable, readable language.

can't wait to get my copy!
    Thanks. And thanks for your comments during the writing of the book. It's my hope that the book will help people better explain to their friends, etc why they OC and why they care enough to take on the responsibility for their own safety.

Banned
    Thanks. And thanks for your comments during the writing of the book. It's my hope that the book will help people better explain to their friends, etc why they OC and why they care enough to take on the responsibility for their own safety.

should be a top seller, right up there with My two dads.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerme View Post
    Do you have anything nice to say... about anything? Just curious...
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Quote Originally Posted by Beerme View Post
    One can only hope.

A bump for a good author.

I pre-ordered my copy today.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast