• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SD meetup Jan. 15th

xmattedgex

Just called and confirmed they do have classes there in the shopping mall, I will go down and scout the property and determine with range finder 1000 ft. stay tuned.

ok so i just did a graph of the map, and i am almost 100% certain that school is farther away than 1300 ft from any point on martin luther king promenade, which is where the even take place, correct?

Last edited:

Ruiner.NIN

According to the event's web page it is:

"The festival is held along Martin Luther King, Jr. Promenade (between Fourth Avenue and Market Street on Harbor Drive) across from the San Diego Convention Center."

It looks like if we stay by 4th Street we should be outside of the 1000' radius of the school.

Last edited:

Firemark

I am down at site now, measured with laser ranger 1000 foot apex is center of intersection of Island and First. School is one 30'x30 classroom. As long as we stay south of Island ave we are fine. No wrinkles!!!!

xmattedgex

I am down at site now, measured with laser ranger 1000 foot apex is center of intersection of Island and First. School is one 30'x30 classroom. As long as we stay south of Island ave we are fine. No wrinkles!!!!

You are the man! Haha! Got it handled!!

Firemark

This thread is now closed

With the evening news covering this event and notifying local law enforcement and center city corp for safety reasons this thread is now closed, please forward all further inquiries by PM to Firemark and/or hgreen.

pullnshoot25

xmattedgex

According to the local news channel 10, the anti-gun Bradys will be at the festival.

oh, that's just wonderful.
so i just saw a video on youtube where the city of royal oak banned firearms at the Arts Beats & Eats festival. can San Diego ban firearms from the multicultural festival? and then we would be in violation and could potentially be in serious trouble??

hgreen

oh, that's just wonderful.
so i just saw a video on youtube where the city of royal oak banned firearms at the Arts Beats & Eats festival. can San Diego ban firearms from the multicultural festival? and then we would be in violation and could potentially be in serious trouble??

If it is held on public property and open to the public the city would have to pass a special ordinance to ban firearms. That ban would be legally questionable at best. Additionally, to be in accordance with the Brown Act they'd have to have 30 day notice to the public of such an ordinance, my clock says they've got about 17 hours.

Read about when Manhattan Beach, CA tried to do just this:
http://www.southbayopencarry.org/2010/10/

They lost.

Last edited:

xmattedgex

If it is held on public property and open to the public the city would have to pass a special ordinance to ban firearms. That ban would be legally questionable at best. Additionally, to be in accordance with the Brown Act they'd have to have 30 day notice to the public of such an ordinance, my clock says they've got about 17 hours.

Read about when Manhattan Beach, CA tried to do just this:
http://www.southbayopencarry.org/2010/10/

They lost.

thank you sir, this will be my first open carry event, so i want to ask as many questions as i can to make sure it is a positive experience not a negative one. and that it is also educational for me so i can continue to learn about open carry and all of our rights as Americans

Last edited:

XD5

Highly looking forward to it as well! This event will be my first OC in a group.

Gobel