• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin Legislators expected to expand gun rights by spring

hardballer

"They tell us, sir, that we are weak; unable to cope with so formidable an adversary. But when shall we be stronger? Will it be the next week, or the next year? Will it be when we are totally disarmed, and when a British guard shall be stationed in every house? Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?" - Patrick Henry
Great quote!!!

That is the point. Prescient thinking then as now.

That's why AZ is looking toward moving to even better gun laws, right?
Exactly right Protias!!! People, Stand up. Find a backbone. It is no different today than it was March 23, 1775. Look around you. The world is coming apart at the seams and there are those of you who are willing to compromise your rights, the Constitution away because it might be a fight. What have you got to lose? Nothing. What have you got to gain? Everything.

Instead, I hear people settling. Taking what is handed to them. Please sir, may I have more gruel?

Disgusting!

phred

... However, Walker has already swung that direction and with things like the Arizona shooting, we would be very hard-pressed to see Constituational Carry. I know that many of you won't agree, but I am preparing for a realistic situation. Commence the backlash....

Hey, let's quit with the "negative vibes". Nothing has been proposed. Have you heard of any committees working on a new law or even repealing old ones? It just isn't "there" yet.

Think positive and work for Constitutional Carry. Keep reminding our legislators and getting the word out to others to do the same.

You don't throw in the towel before the game even starts!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ (positive signs, for those who forgot)

hardballer

Hey, let's quit with the "negative vibes". Nothing has been proposed. Have you heard of any committees working on a new law or even repealing old ones? It just isn't "there" yet.

Think positive and work for Constitutional Carry. Keep reminding our legislators and getting the word out to others to do the same.

You don't throw in the towel before the game even starts!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ (positive signs, for those who forgot)

Too Right phred!! Walker needs to know what we want and be reminded that he works for us. He also needs to be reminded of his conservative promises. We put him there, I can promise you, I will work to remove him if he does not hold to his word. Mealy mouthed, crawfishing, fence sitting will not get us anything. Stand up for a change. I'll tell you what's realistic, standing up for what is right. The Constitution. Promises kept. Holding these elected servants to their promises.

We are not making enough noise. People, you need to write your legislature and Walker, Speak out, and do something. We do not want any permit. We want Constitutional Carry. We The People of Wisconsin. Period.
Give us what we were promised or go home. Get out of office because you are not representing us.

I am tired of this liberal, BS. We voted in a conservative and got a RINO... I hate to say I told you so but I asked way back in September, what would happen if we voted in a conservative and nothing changed. Well, here ya go. Now we need to let them know we mean f'n business.

I am writing a letter as soon as I finish this. It will be short and sweet. I am sending it out on the 21st.

It will say,

I am a Wisconsin Resident. You campaigned on a Constitutional Carry platform. I want Constitutional Carry. If you are considering a permitted system, This is unacceptable. I am holding you to your word. When you took the oath of office you promised to protect my constitutional rights. What part of "shall not be infringed" might you not understand? Give Wisconsin people what they want and that is Constitutional Carry.

I challenge the rest of you to send a similar letter to Walker on the 21st.

Let's get the message across that we will not settle. We are a strong people. Unwilling to accept less than our God given Constitutional rights. Those of you who don't mind giving away your constitutional rights, paying more taxes, paying for privilege, paying to have your rights taken away, 'realistically' step aside and let those who are willing, do.

Last edited:

protias

I am a Wisconsin Resident. You campaigned on a Constitutional Carry platform. I want Constitutional Carry. If you are considering a permitted system, This is unacceptable. I am holding you to your word. When you took the oath of office you promised to protect my constitutional rights. What part of "shall not be infringed" might you not understand? Give Wisconsin people what they want and that is Constitutional Carry.
Done!

oak1971

I think everyone agrees that we don't need permits. However, Walker has already swung that direction and with things like the Arizona shooting, we would be very hard-pressed to see Constituational Carry. I know that many of you won't agree, but I am preparing for a realistic situation. Commence the backlash....

Proof? Cite?

oak1971

Sorry, not giving up. Walker also said he will sign any bill. The legislature can be influenced to pass Constitutional Carry and we should be pushing for that as hard as possible.

protias

Don't give an inch. You give them an inch, they'll take a mile. I, for one, am sick and tired of being told what I'll be given. Sorry, but I deserve better than what you (politicians) think I deserve. I can run my life better than you (politicians) think I can.

protias

Dear <protias>,

Thank you for taking the time to contact me. I always appreciate hearing from my constituents.

Like you, I am a lifelong supporter of strong Second Amendment rights. The right to bear arms is one of our most sacred constitutional rights, yet it is constantly under attack. As you know, Wisconsin is one of only two states that currently does not allow concealed carry – the other being Illinois .

Fortunately, with the new Republican Legislature we now have the opportunity to bring Wisconsin in line with the 48 other states that do allow concealed carry. As you may know, Governor Walker has called a Special Session on Job Creation for January. Once this Special Session is concluded, and the budget process is underway, I expect that concealed-carry legislation will be introduced and I will do everything I can to advance that legislation through the process.

Below, I have included an article link I thought may be of interest to you. As you noted, Governor Walker is quoted in the article as saying that he expects concealed-carry legislation to come to his desk, and that he will sign such a bill.

Again, thank you for contacting me. Please don’t hesitate to do so again in the future.

Sincerely,

Representative Paul Farrow
98th Assembly District

http://lacrossetribune.com/news/local/article_ef7364ca-2129-11e0-8adc-001cc4c002e0.html

I had to reply with:

Rep Farrow,

I am well aware of Gov Walker signing a conceal carry bill, which is why I am writing to you. Walker also said he would sign any bill that helps WI residents protect themselves. I strongly urge you to support Constitutional Carry. So far, three states have it and another five are talking about going to it. During the last election, the GOP took the stance of Constitutional Carry rather than a permit system. This would be going backwards and not "Forward." Many people would pay their tax (permit) to apply for their permit (not a privilege rather than a right), but as Article 1, Section 25 clearly states, "The people have the right to keep and bear arms for security, defense, hunting, recreation or any other lawful purpose." Should otherwise lawful people be made criminals because they cannot afford a means of defense? How long should someone wait for this privilege to carry? A small state government is something Walker promised us as well. Having another bureaucracy in place is NOT a small government. The GOP had made promises to do what is right. The democrats have run this country into the ground, same with many Republicans. It is time to take a stand against tyranny. Be a leader, especially in this time when people are sick and tired of what the government says is good for them. We the people know what is good for us. Please listen to us. I ask you kindly to submit a simple repeal of the gun laws in the link below. People's safety can no longer be put on the back burner.

http://www.scribd.com/mobile/documents/44798801

<me>

protias

As I said in my letter, I am sick and tired of the government telling me what I should get. If he gives me another canned response, he'll get the response of me saying how I'll work to elect someone who will listen to his constituents.

CenTex

Protias wrote: "ep Farrow,

I am well aware of Gov Walker signing a conceal carry bill, which is why I am writing to you. Walker also said he would sign any bill that helps WI residents protect themselves. I strongly urge you to support Constitutional Carry. So far, three states have it and another five are talking about going to it. During the last election, the GOP took the stance of Constitutional Carry rather than a permit system. This would be going backwards and not "Forward." Many people would pay their tax (permit) to apply for their permit (not a privilege rather than a right), but as Article 1, Section 25 clearly states, "The people have the right to keep and bear arms for security, defense, hunting, recreation or any other lawful purpose." Should otherwise lawful people be made criminals because they cannot afford a means of defense? How long should someone wait for this privilege to carry? A small state government is something Walker promised us as well. Having another bureaucracy in place is NOT a small government. The GOP had made promises to do what is right. The democrats have run this country into the ground, same with many Republicans. It is time to take a stand against tyranny. Be a leader, especially in this time when people are sick and tired of what the government says is good for them. We the people know what is good for us. Please listen to us. I ask you kindly to submit a simple repeal of the gun laws in the link below. People's safety can no longer be put on the back burner.

Protias, am I misunderstanding something here? It seems to me like the two sentences marked in red are contradictory. How would the GOP taking the stance of Constitutional Carry be going backwards? It seems to me that would be what you would want. Or, did you word one of the sentences wrong? It appears to me that is exactly what you did. Did you send this message as it is worded here?

Last edited: