• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin Legislators expected to expand gun rights by spring

johnny amish

Cool.. Everyone please read the post and make suggestions. Let's make a deadline that we have a final draft ready by Tuesday or Wednesday next week so we can ALL email them to our respective legislators. If we hit them all at once with a suggested bill, they can't (shouldn't) ignore us.

Once we get a final draft we can send it to every person on our e-mail lists and ask them to do the same and pass it on and on and on. Also contact Nik and see if he would pass it on to all WCI members. It should not take to long to flood our lawmakers with this document. We can do this if we rally behind this and convince all our friends and family to do the same.

protias

This is the response I received back:

Thank you for contacting my office. I appreciate the chance to hear from you.

As your governor, my number one focus will be working to grow our economy by creating 250,000 new jobs. Together, we must work to advance our state and make sure that Wisconsin is Open for Business.

I have made a note of your position on this matter. Should this issue make it to my desk for consideration, I will be certain to keep your thoughts in mind. Again, thank you for contacting my office. Please stay in touch as we move Wisconsin forward.

Sincerely,

Scott Walker
Governor

Canned response, more letters need to be sent.

johnny amish

With Wyoming now concidering constitutional carry in the wake of the AZ shooting seems like proof that the anti's are loosing the battle (hope that rhetoric wasn't to harsh) and now it is our time to shine. We have a small window of opportunity here because once a ccw bill is passed it will be another uphill battle (oops more harsh rhetoric) to make changes to it, plus it will take a long time before lawmakers will be willing to talk about it.

Last edited:

XDFDE45

Nope, still effin cold out. :(
Forecast for Friday is supposed to be 32*, will almost seem like spring the way the temp has been lately. Oops sorry
threadjacked.gif

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
got this today from my Rep'

Thank you for contacting me on the issue of concealed carry. I know that there are several other representatives planning on proposing the bill for concealed carry. My current focus is on economic issues as they are the most pressing issues facing Wisconsin families, but please keep in contact with me on this and other issues and know that I did receive an A rating from the NRA.

Rep. Chad Weininger

oak1971

Thank you for contacting me on the issue of concealed carry. I know that there are several other representatives planning on proposing the bill for concealed carry. My current focus is on economic issues as they are the most pressing issues facing Wisconsin families, but please keep in contact with me on this and other issues and know that I did receive an A rating from the NRA.

Rep. Chad Weininger

Maybe he should do something to be worthy of that A rating....NRA seems to pass them around like broads at a Hell's Angles party anyway.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Maybe he should do something to be worthy of that A rating....NRA seems to pass them around like broads at a Hell's Angles party anyway.

Yep, if your going to boast an A rating from the NRA then should not you be proactive to advance 2A, Concealed carry & NRA issues. I guess time will tell who of the newly elected conservatives will do the right thing regarding CCW/CC & in what expeditious manner they carry it out.

johnny amish

Rep. Chad Weininger

A rating, geee beave that's swell.

M

McX

would that A rating be like friquin A? or maybe the Fonz rated him AAAyyyyy!

Last edited:

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Don't expect Concealed carry legislation until Fall ??

We fully expect it ( Concealed carry Legislation ) in this regular session. The governor’s budget will be introduced soon, so that will be a focus of the whole assembly through June. My best guess is that it will be taken up this fall (but it may be sooner). Until someone actually submits the bill for consideration, I couldn’t give a better estimate.

Shae Sortwell

Legislative aide.
Rep. Chad Weinenger

THIS IS WHY WE NEED TO DO THAT RALLY AT THE CAPITOL ON MARCH 12TH !

jrclen

Dear John,

Thank you for contacting me with your support for Constitutional Carry. I always appreciate hearing from constituents on issues that are important to them.

I expect the legislature to pass a bill allowing concealed carry this session and then signed into law by the governor. A formal proposal hasn’t been introduced yet, but I assume one will be introduced very soon. I will mark down your support for both concealed carry and constitutional carry in case separate pieces of legislation are introduced.

Once again, thank you for contacting me on this issue. As always, if you have any additional questions or comments on this or any other issue, please feel free to contact me.

Sincerely,
Luther Olsen
State Senator

My Democrat Representative (Fred Clark) told me he would send something in the mail. He gave me the same blow off concerning the high speed rail when I wrote him to oppose that. I didn't hear any further word from him that time either.

But an interesting note, I attended a campaign rally for the Republican running against Rep Clark. I brought up concealed carry and he stated, "I am in favor of any legal activity concerning guns." He then moved on to another question before I could point out concealed carry is not legal and we wish it to be. To tell the truth, I'm glad he lost the election. A rino is worse than a liberal.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
Dear John,

Thank you for contacting me with your support for Constitutional Carry. I always appreciate hearing from constituents on issues that are important to them.

I expect the legislature to pass a bill allowing concealed carry this session and then signed into law by the governor. A formal proposal hasn’t been introduced yet, but I assume one will be introduced very soon. I will mark down your support for both concealed carry and constitutional carry in case separate pieces of legislation are introduced.

Once again, thank you for contacting me on this issue. As always, if you have any additional questions or comments on this or any other issue, please feel free to contact me.

Sincerely,
Luther Olsen
State Senator

My Democrat Representative (Fred Clark) told me he would send something in the mail. He gave me the same blow off concerning the high speed rail when I wrote him to oppose that. I didn't hear any further word from him that time either.

But an interesting note, I attended a campaign rally for the Republican running against Rep Clark. I brought up concealed carry and he stated, "I am in favor of any legal activity concerning guns." He then moved on to another question before I could point out concealed carry is not legal and we wish it to be. To tell the truth, I'm glad he lost the election. A rino is worse than a liberal.

Must be a rino herd in your area.

Olsen was the lone Republican to vote against the last concealed carry measure, saying he couldn't reconcile it with his "vision that we live in a more civil society."

"I don't think ... that in a more civil society people need to carry a gun," he said. :banghead:

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=169743

Maybe his vision has cleared up by now.

Last edited:

hardballer

An A rating? Well don't that beat all... That should tell you all you need to know about the disconnect between Us and Them... Just FYI: The NRA has lost a little ground with the average guy or gal. That neat little badge ain't so shiny anymore.