• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

More anti-OC flak

Bronson

/sigh...... Bronson, I could say 2+2=4, you and Wolverine would say I was wrong.

READ MY POST BRONSON. I said if both where true

Actually I often agree with things you write. My point is that everything you wrote after your two listed conditions was from the assumption that he was guilty of violating those conditions. Why not find out whether or not he actually did those things before writing out against him?

Bronson

Slave

Actually I often agree with things you write. My point is that everything you wrote after your two listed conditions was from the assumption that he was guilty of violating those conditions. Why not find out whether or not he actually did those things before writing out against him?

Bronson

No Bronson, it wasn't. I don't know what happened. My entire diatribe is prefaced that the two conditions are true.

If it's legal, it's legal. If it's legal, and it's your normal carry, it's all good to me. If I had the stamina, I would love to carry an AR 15, or AK.

I hate P2AINO's (I just made it up :p, it's pro 2a in name only).

I just wish this person would have waited to stir the pot when our two bills past :) Then we have more ammo! I also would have picked a fight that is not sure to stir up severe emotional responses. Sit in the classics section for instance, or actually have his kid there, that way it looked like a man, with his kids, doing what they do, and excercising their RKBA's.

Bronson

No Bronson, it wasn't. I don't know what happened. My entire diatribe is prefaced that the two conditions are true.

Exactly. You don't know what happened and you didn't take the time to find out before going off.

That would be like me writing that IF you were a window peeper and a beater of puppies... then going off on a rant of how terrible a person you were for being a window peeper and a beater of puppies. Why would I even write that before finding out if the conditions were true?

if and only if EDIT: BOTH of the following things are true.

1. If they OC'd a shotgun into a library just to prove a point, that's ridiculous.

2. If in proving said point they sit in a children's section, and spooked a bunch of kids, then that's fatal.

I argue for the rights of long gunners on here constantly, I take the stance that if it's legal, it's legal, can't have it both ways, but to prove some dumb as point, and scare a bunch of kids was just hitting a hornet's nest, and we will be paying for it in the end. Forget about HB 4009 or SB 59. This kind of ********, at this critical time may have killed it.

We could have just sat tight, let the stuff land where it does, and see what we get. Nope, someone has to prove a point, and carried a shotgun in a library. An adult in a teen section, with a shotgun? I would have thought, wtf pedo, where is Chris when I need him to expose you, and GTFO of here around my kids. Damn the gun, it was creepy to hang in the kids section, worse to do it a shotgun.

The bolded parts are condemning him as if you're certain he did those things. All I'm saying is do a little due diligence and find out his motivations and if he did, in fact, do the things you mentioned in your conditional statements before writing as if he did.

I just wish this person would have waited to stir the pot when our two bills past

Do you know when the original incident happened? How about when the CPL PFZ repeal bills were introduced? The bills were introduced on Jan. 13th. The original incident happened on Dec. 11th of last year. How could he possibly have known what legislation was going to be introduced in the future?

Bronson

Slave

Good catch on the timing.

I do believe that sometimes you have to make people uncomfortable to get your point across that your rights are your rights.

I will word my rants better next time.

Haman J.T.

Exactly. You don't know what happened and you didn't take the time to find out before going off.

That would be like me writing that IF you were a window peeper and a beater of puppies... then going off on a rant of how terrible a person you were for being a window peeper and a beater of puppies. Why would I even write that before finding out if the conditions were true?

The bolded parts are condemning him as if you're certain he did those things. All I'm saying is do a little due diligence and find out his motivations and if he did, in fact, do the things you mentioned in your conditional statements before writing as if he did.

Do you know when the original incident happened? How about when the CPL PFZ repeal bills were introduced? The bills were introduced on Jan. 13th. The original incident happened on Dec. 11th of last year. How could he possibly have known what legislation was going to be introduced in the future?

Bronson
A CPL PFZ repeal bill was introduced Feb of 09' too.

Haman J.T.

Good catch on the timing.

I do believe that sometimes you have to make people uncomfortable to get your point across that your rights are your rights.

I will word my rants better next time.
OCing anywhere we have a right to be has ,and always will ,stir the pot of ignorance and good intentions.When we do whats right and legal,and they do what is illegal,it's good to get it out in the open(media),and let our fellow citizens know the truth,instead of keeping it hidden by the government as usual.The reason people are freaking out is ,up until recent years ,they didn't know OC is legal.All they know is what the gov and media have been telling them for the last 4 decades,"guns are bad!".The more we can get the truth out,the sooner it becomes no issue.Those who want their freedom must come out of hiding(from the PC)!

Rich B

Stingray Says:
February 18th, 2011 at 1:07 pm
You also have the RIGHT to take a 500 lumen flashlight into a movie theater and draw laser-pointer nipples on the screen.

Go on and give that one a try too and see how long before someone tells you you’re being a douchebag and gtfo. BUT YOU HAVE THE RIGHT! IT’S NOT ABOUT YOUR COMFORT MEL GIBSON NEEDS LASER NIPPLES!

Some days I can go whole minutes before I remember that 99% of the population is nothing more than a walking cloaca that learned to talk.

http://www.atomicnerds.com/?p=4409&cpage=1#comment-10452

Pure awesome. You have the right to go to a movie theater and ruin the move for people now. That is exactly like sitting there quietly with a firearm.

Last edited:

gotarheels03

Rich B - respect is earned. When you run around to different progun blogs acting like an ass you'll eventually get banned. As I said in comments at atomic nerds, I hope this isn't how you act with non-gunnies, especially when carrying.

I've personally met most of the bloggers you've linked to and am friends with several. Not a single one of them is anti-gun or anti-oc. Hell, Ive open carried with Breda. We are all on your side in this fight.

eastmeyers

I've never been kicked out of a big box store or grocery store while OC'ing my holstered handgun. So, obviously you made a scene or were creepy with whatever you were carrying and how you were carrying or whatever sections of those places you carried into. Obviously, someone thought you were making enough of a scene or creeping them out and they kicked you out. It is people like you, pushing your rights just to prove a point and brandishing your scary gun wherever you feel like it, who are harming the right to keep and bear arms. If you would have carried a gun which was normal or carried it in a normal way or behaved normally, you would not have been kicked out! Since I have never been kicked out of such places, obviously what I am doing is not "in-your-face" like what you are doing.

There. See how that works? That was real easy for me to do. It is the truth that I've never been kicked out of such places, so the rest of my rant against you is valid, by the rhetorical rules you and a few others use.
+1

eastmeyers

Ham, there are as many pro 2A dems as there are antis. Same with republicans. Its the person, not the party.

That being said, and the rest of this post is for the thread, not you Ham, it's all <3 bro :)

I think this was a dumb, bone headed move, if and only if EDIT: BOTH of the following things are true.

1. If they OC'd a shotgun into a library just to prove a point, that's ridiculous.

2. If in proving said point they sit in a children's section, and spooked a bunch of kids, then that's fatal.

Remember the anti war cry? THINK OF THE CHILDRENSZZ!!1ONE!1!!11!ONE321!!

I carry to defend myself, not to push a political agenda, and not to prove a point.

I argue for the rights of long gunners on here constantly, I take the stance that if it's legal, it's legal, can't have it both ways, but to prove some dumb as point, and scare a bunch of kids was just hitting a hornet's nest, and we will be paying for it in the end. Forget about HB 4009 or SB 59. This kind of ********, at this critical time may have killed it.

We could have just sat tight, let the stuff land where it does, and see what we get. Nope, someone has to prove a point, and carried a shotgun in a library. An adult in a teen section, with a shotgun? I would have thought, wtf pedo, where is Chris when I need him to expose you, and GTFO of here around my kids. Damn the gun, it was creepy to hang in the kids section, worse to do it a shotgun.

Neither of your conditions is true in this instance yet you still write a diatribe condemning the man as if they were true. Perhaps you should have taken the time to learn the particulars of the situation before you jumped in with the internet lynch mobbers.

Bronson
+1 (ETA: Believe it or not this is a public forum and I am allowed to agree with Bronson. Even if its not okay with slave, I hope it's okay with Bronson)

/sigh...... Bronson, I could say 2+2=4, you and Wolverine would say I was wrong.

READ MY POST BRONSON. I said if both where true, that he carried a shot gun section in the library to prove a point AND sat in the kids section, it is bad, and that's only true because of the timing and the fact that kids are the anti's warcry.

I am all about long arms carry, if it is your normal carry. I hate any carry just to encite an pick a fight.

In the end, I don't know the story, he could have been sitting with his kid, and his shotgun was his normal carry, which is why I said if both where true.

PLEASE show me where this happened? If you don't know what your typing about, how about giving your fingers a rest, you know you could actually read around the Michigan Forum, read a few of the threads that have to do with this very issue. Then know WTH your talking about, instead of just pulling it out of thin air, and arguing your point like some ignoramus from Utah (whom ever that could be), who is doing the same thing you are.

Last edited:

DanM

We are all on your side in this fight.

I've been one of the strongest challengers against gun owners asserting what they think are "manners" or "common sense" with respect to the RKBA. Breda called me "argumentative" and a "troll", although I asserted my challenges to her and some of her regular supporters in a detailed and fairly objective way and never received detailed and substantive counter-arguments.

That having happened, I am still on their side and yours. We are an argumentative family, but I know from experience most of us will close ranks with each other as a family to defend our common interest in maintaining a robust right to keep and bear arms.

Slave

+1

PLEASE show me where this happened? If you don't know what your typing about, how about giving your fingers a rest, you know you could actually read around the Michigan Forum, read a few of the threads that have to do with this very issue. Then know WTH your talking about, instead of just pulling it out of thin air, and arguing your point like some ignoramus from Utah (whom ever that could be), who is doing the same thing you are.

East, I didn't pull anything out of thin air about this situation, infact, apply my post to a library in Flint, and make it a 55 year old female. It still stands.

BTW, WTF are you talking about? The text you quoted, doesn't make sense with what you are saying. Please show you where what happened? Where Bronson disagreed with me? Who are you, why do I give a rats ass about what you think? Why do I have to show you anything? That post was between Bronson and myself.

Screw the Utah guy, he is a tool, and I am not sure why he is even here.

My point, I stick by it. Do what you normally do, do what is right, do things you have rights to, but in this fight, just oc'ing a shotgun around a bunch of kids, just to OC around a bunch of kids, to prove a point is weird, if that is what he did. I never talked to the young man, so I don't know, which is why I said IF THAT'S WHAT HE DID. If he did not, then hey, it's his right, and it's not illegal at any rate.

I just know that using kids to prove your point will backfire 110% of the time.

At any rate, he didn't break any laws. He is not in the wrong, no matter what the reason he did it. More power to him, I support long gun OC. I always have, and stick up for them on this board. I beleive that a right is right, no compromise. If something is legal, it's legal, no matter what.

No need for anything added to a right. If that young man wants to OC a shotgun, he should. It doesn't matter that I think a grown man is sitting in the kids section, that's my problem, not his. The library tools don't like his shotgun, that's their problem, not his.

this TRO, that's just plain ridiculous that it got passed, but hey, an emotional response was prodded, now we deal with the fall out, which I think is garbage. The judge who issued it should be arrested.

eastmeyers

East, I didn't pull anything out of thin air about this situation, infact, apply my post to a library in Flint, and make it a 55 year old female. It still stands.

BTW, WTF are you talking about? The text you quoted, doesn't make sense with what you are saying. Please show you where what happened? Where Bronson disagreed with me? Who are you, why do I give a rats ass about what you think? Why do I have to show you anything? That post was between Bronson and myself.

Screw the Utah guy, he is a tool, and I am not sure why he is even here.

My point, I stick by it. Do what you normally do, do what is right, do things you have rights to, but in this fight, just oc'ing a shotgun around a bunch of kids, just to OC around a bunch of kids, to prove a point is weird, if that is what he did. I never talked to the young man, so I don't know, which is why I said IF THAT'S WHAT HE DID. If he did not, then hey, it's his right, and it's not illegal at any rate.

I just know that using kids to prove your point will backfire 110% of the time.

At any rate, he didn't break any laws. He is not in the wrong, no matter what the reason he did it. More power to him, I support long gun OC. I always have, and stick up for them on this board. I beleive that a right is right, no compromise. If something is legal, it's legal, no matter what.

No need for anything added to a right. If that young man wants to OC a shotgun, he should. It doesn't matter that I think a grown man is sitting in the kids section, that's my problem, not his. The library tools don't like his shotgun, that's their problem, not his.

this TRO, that's just plain ridiculous that it got passed, but hey, an emotional response was prodded, now we deal with the fall out, which I think is garbage. The judge who issued it should be arrested.

Its cool that you are now back tracking to save face now, but go ahead and read all of your posts here in this thread. You came here to bash the CADL situation even though you have no clue WTH you are talking about. I stand by what I said, PLEASE go through and read about what has actually happened. You are so off base it isn't even funny, all of your ASSUmptions are wrong.

The person that went in with the long gun (only once BTW and way before this was an OCDO/MOC/MGO issue) wasn't chillin in the children's section. In fact the only person that was hanging out in the children's section was a FAMILY, a member who was their with his wife and young daughter. So yeah, do your research, before you come on a public forum and start spewing crap, that you have NO idea what your talking about! You have no clue, at least you didn't when you first came to this thread and started typing. If you do now, GREAT, that is good, you have learned your mistakes, and from you last post (even if it was inflammatory) you are obviously trying to save face. The only way you can truly do this is admit you were wrong, apologize, show your support, and maybe (your choice) even delete your previous posts that show your ignorance of the topic at hand.

This is MHO, but hey, I at least have read every post made on this site, as well at MGO, by everyone that has actually carried at CADL. As well as all the highly-inaccurate articles (that you obviously took as truth) that were written, and all of the comments made by the people that were actually their about said articles. But hey. I like to talk with words not farts...

ETA:
I said if both where true, that he carried a shot gun section in the library to prove a point AND sat in the kids section, it is bad, and that's only true because of the timing and the fact that kids are the anti's warcry.
PLEASE show me where this happened?
You still never cited were this happened, were someone sat down in the kids section with a shotgun, and you can't because it didn't happen, I hope you have learned this by now.

Last edited:

Slave

Its cool that you are now back tracking to save face now, but go ahead and read all of your posts here in this thread. You came here to bash the CADL situation even though you have no clue WTH you are talking about. I stand by what I said, PLEASE go through and read about what has actually happened. You are so off base it isn't even funny, all of your ASSUmptions are wrong.

The person that went in with the long gun (only once BTW and way before this was an OCDO/MOC/MGO issue) wasn't chillin in the children's section. In fact the only person that was hanging out in the children's section was a FAMILY, a member who was their with his wife and young daughter. So yeah, do your research, before you come on a public forum and start spewing crap, that you have NO idea what your talking about! You have no clue, at least you didn't when you first came to this thread and started typing. If you do now, GREAT, that is good, you have learned your mistakes, and from you last post (even if it was inflammatory) you are obviously trying to save face. The only way you can truly do this is admit you were wrong, apologize, show your support, and maybe (your choice) even delete your previous posts that show your ignorance of the topic at hand.

This is MHO, but hey, I at least have read every post made on this site, as well at MGO, by everyone that has actually carried at CADL. As well as all the highly-inaccurate articles (that you obviously took as truth) that were written, and all of the comments made by the people that were actually their about said articles. But hey. I like to talk with words not farts...

ETA:

You still never cited were this happened, were someone sat down in the kids section with a shotgun, and you can't because it didn't happen, I hope you have learned this by now.

Actually East, I am not trying to save anything. If I gave a damn what you thought of me, then I would try and save face, but I don't. I don't give a damn about what you think. I don't care about what anyone thinks. I only care about your votes on 2A issues. The rest of it is just background noise.

I got the shotgun in the kids section.......wait for it...........from a thread on this board! That I read!!! Like you told me to!!!!!!

I am not back tracking, I said it in my last post, that IF that guy was carrying AND he sat in the kids section, it is creepy, but if that's not the case, more power to him. Pay attention to me next time you want to pick a fight. Look at my previous post, my message is the same.

eastmeyers

As long as we are on the same page thats what matters. God Bless. I was just trying to make the point that no one was hanging out in the children's section LGOCing. It was PO'ing me that in this thread and other's on here as well as MGO, everyone just reads the media reports, ASSUME they are fact, don't do their homework. Just spew hate, and essentially divide the pro 2A and that is the last thing we need right now!

Slave

We are. Lansing and the rest of the prick judges and tools who trample our rights need to get on it too.

Follow ours laws, period.

I can't figure out why judges can get away with making laws from the bench. We, the people, should have a system in place to remove judges that don't follow the laws.

That's a different thread.

eastmeyers

we are. Lansing and the rest of the prick judges and tools who trample our rights need to get on it too.

Follow ours laws, period.

I can't figure out why judges can get away with making laws from the bench. We, the people, should have a system in place to remove judges that don't follow the laws.

That's a different thread.

bingo

jd4223

Banned
Open cary in library

I strongly disagree.... the anti gun crowd has been actively seeking gun control legislation for decades with and without any excuses.

The idea that if only we don't "offend", "annoy", or "scare" people then we won't have to worry about new and more restrictive gun control is as realistic a belief as the ostrich believing shoving his head into the sand will save him from the tiger.

The ostrich and the gun owner afraid of "offending", "annoying", or "scaring" people have one thing in common... both are leaving their arses hanging out in the wind for their enemy to take a bite out of.

The anti gunners love the timid gun owner who is willing to allow themselves to be restricted because they are afraid of "offending" or "scaring". All the anti gunner has to do is threaten to be "offended" or "scared" and the timid gun owner, the timid 2nd Amendment supporter, will not only back off but will apologize for his rights causing distress.

I see supposed supporters of freedom, of rights, not only backing down from the ridiculous concept that "feeling offended" or "feeling scared" trumps rights but also apologizing for having "offended" or causing someone to "feel scared"......... but the worst thing of all is after backing down and apologizing those same folks join the enemy camp and attack the real supporters of freedom and rights.

This hypocrisy makes me sad... very sad.

COMMENTS REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Troll