• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Budget Repair Bill is moving again.

range rat

MPD needs to find a pair of nads and lock down the capitol and stuff the hippies in the hoosegow.

You mean Like CHINA does, I'm sorry, I guess I get a little Cranky when I don't get enough sleep.I guess this old[61] open carrying HIPPIE just needs a little more sleep after a hard day of Protesting in MADISON.

I Voter for Newmen, [write in] Alot of us old DOGS saw this comeing a mile away..

range rat

I wouild expect damage totals to start adding up in Madison. Just because they are loud and obnoxious, doesn't mean they represent the majority of WI. They can scream, cry, pee all over themselves, I will stay on the RIGHT side.

Crying, Crying, What the Hell do you know about Crying ? Let me tell you somethig about crying SLIM Chanie, this isn't the first time this has happen.. I don't know how old you are, but back in 1982 when REGAN was in office, all hell was breaking loose. You couldn't begg, or steal a job.
My Wife of 30 years was an employee of MPS, I came home work one night to fine her sitting at the Kitchen table crying as she was writeing out Pink Slipes for Thirty Teachers Plus Her Boss, Then her own!! Two Months later I lost my Job.

Back then, there Union wasn't as strong as it was today.YOU don't know what it's like, or how they pour there Heart an Soul into thoses Kids, Your kids, my kids, any ones kids for that matter.

The hards hit will be the SPL. ED Teachers. YOU what to Tell me What you know about that subject ? I'm betting it's Squat. I move into Cudahy because of there School system is top notch when it came to spl ed. I'll give you three guess why, the first two don't count why.

I'm not a Hippie, nor am I Fruit Cake, Like some of these other $#@^& on this Thread write about, I gave the US ARMY three years, I worked a full an two part time jobs, to support my Family when the bottom fell out, an Hated like Hell to have to use Food stamps for a month, an I wasn't alone, there were quite a few teachers in line with me..

I'm just a Average Wisconsinite, Just like them..

Oh just to keep this respones legal, I did have my side arm lock in my truck.

metalman383

Welcom to the life, of pretty much the whole nation right now. Many people have been forced to live on smaller budgets, or unemnployement checks, or even assistance. To feel that anyone should be immune from that, especially when they are payed by the people that are struggling, doesn't seem right too me.

Trip20

Here is my healthcare cost breakdown for 2011:

Benefit Contribution Summary
You pay bi-weekly: $ 324.09
Company pays bi-weekly: $ 19.44
You pay per year: $ 8,426.24
Company pays per year: $ 505.44​

This is on top of a $3,000 deductible.

You can no longer collectively bargain your way out of what the rest of us deal with. Boohoo. Quitcherbitchen. Welcome to the fold.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
Does the term "Silent Majority" sound familiar?

Welcome to the life, of pretty much the whole nation right now. Many people have been forced to live on smaller budgets, or unemployment checks, or even assistance. To feel that anyone should be immune from that, especially when they are payed by the people that are struggling, doesn't seem right too me.

X2!

We are all hurting! Since when is it the purpose of a public service union to fully insulate its members from economic downturns?

Why have there not been hordes of Walker supporters? Umm, we need to work to continue to support our families, save money by not driving down to Madison just to be overcome by the foul stench of hippies that were bussed in from out of state.

Does the term "Silent Majority" sound familiar?

phred

No one here is qualified to judge if someone does not "earn their wage" which includes any benefits. It is obvious that some people just do not value certain vocations or that they value one vocation much more than the another.

Is a professional football or basketball player worth every penny that they earn? Do they get every penny that they earn each year? No, they defer the payment into the future, so that when they are not playing, they are living off their pre-earned wages. Evidently you didn't read this:
http://blogs.forbes.com/rickungar/20...oyee-pensions/
or if you did, you don't believe it.

I've said earlier, if you want to get ahead, go to college, get a degree in water and soils management, or whatever, and either work for a private company and get your compensation up front, or work for the government and have part of your compensation delayed. Those benefits were, in good faith, bargained by all parties involved. If you are going to compare anything, then compare total compensation for the job, the training, the responsibilities, etc. It is your choice. Now you want to fault others for their choices?

This budget issue could have been solved by simply saying "Here is the money you have to work with, split it up the way you think is best for your particular locale, situation, etc. If you want less salary and more benefit, then that is your choice. If you want more salary and less benefit, then ok". This is America, I think. When people have severe problems they come together and try to find a solution. Mandates are only acceptable when you agree with the mandate.

Nutzak: wanna make a lot of money? Print a coupon that says "I support public employees" with another message that says "If you ever get up to the Minocqua area, this coupon is good for $3 off your next BBQ meal" or something like that. Then go down to Madison and hand out these coupons. Make sure you print at least 150, 000 for the "silent majority" who have filled the area around the Capitol.

All this talk about bitchin' goes two ways. No job is perfect. No life is perfect. And, it sure as hell is easy to blame somebody else for the situation you're in.

AaronS

No one here is qualified to judge if someone does not "earn their wage" which includes any benefits.
Is a professional football or basketball player worth every penny that they earn?

As tax payers, I feel that we are qualified to judge how our money is spent, sorry.

Also, football, or basketball players are not paid with public tax funds. If pro sports were a tax burden, I am sure we would have lower paid players, fewer players, or less teams.

I will add that I wish self protection would have been voted on before all of this stuff put a stop to our State Government. Everyday that this goes on, is one more day we don't get any CC bill voted on.

Lurchiron

No one here is qualified to judge if someone does not "earn their wage" which includes any benefits. It is obvious that some people just do not value certain vocations or that they value one vocation much more than the another.

Is a professional football or basketball player worth every penny that they earn? Do they get every penny that they earn each year? No, they defer the payment into the future, so that when they are not playing, they are living off their pre-earned wages. Evidently you didn't read this:
http://blogs.forbes.com/rickungar/20...oyee-pensions/
or if you did, you don't believe it.

I've said earlier, if you want to get ahead, go to college, get a degree in water and soils management, or whatever, and either work for a private company and get your compensation up front, or work for the government and have part of your compensation delayed. Those benefits were, in good faith, bargained by all parties involved. If you are going to compare anything, then compare total compensation for the job, the training, the responsibilities, etc. It is your choice. Now you want to fault others for their choices?

This budget issue could have been solved by simply saying "Here is the money you have to work with, split it up the way you think is best for your particular locale, situation, etc. If you want less salary and more benefit, then that is your choice. If you want more salary and less benefit, then ok". This is America, I think. When people have severe problems they come together and try to find a solution. Mandates are only acceptable when you agree with the mandate.

Nutzak: wanna make a lot of money? Print a coupon that says "I support public employees" with another message that says "If you ever get up to the Minocqua area, this coupon is good for $3 off your next BBQ meal" or something like that. Then go down to Madison and hand out these coupons. Make sure you print at least 150, 000 for the "silent majority" who have filled the area around the Capitol.

All this talk about bitchin' goes two ways. No job is perfect. No life is perfect. And, it sure as hell is easy to blame somebody else for the situation you're in.

No more itchy my back, whilst I pick your pocket; bye bye Guido!!!

1FASTC4

Collective bargaining: a representative of a large group of public union employees sits down at a table with a bunch of elected officials whom the union helped get elected. How much negotiating can be going on with elected officials who are beholden to the very unions sitting across the table? The game is rigged, collective bargaining must go.

If you don't see this, you stepped out of line when they were handing out common sense.

Peacekeeper

As tax payers, I feel that we are qualified to judge how our money is spent, sorry.

Also, football, or basketball players are not paid with public tax funds. If pro sports were a tax burden, I am sure we would have lower paid players, fewer players, or less teams.

I will add that I wish self protection would have been voted on before all of this stuff put a stop to our State Government. Everyday that this goes on, is one more day we don't get any CC bill voted on.

Did you forget about the sales tax that is used to support sports stadiums?

Peacekeeper

No more itchy my back, whilst I pick your pocket; bye bye Guido!!!

While some of you are doing a little victory dance ... for now ...

Will you see your income taxes go down?
Will you see your property taxes go down?
Will you be paying less gas taxes?
Will your employer all of a sudden pay more for your health benefits?

phred

phred

As a taxpayer, I don't want my tax money spent on bailouts and tax breaks for corporations. I am not going to apologize for that statement.

This we can agree on!

Last edited:

1FASTC4

Well I know my taxes wont go up because some public union is sitting at a table with politicians they've bought and paid for... and that's a good thing.

phred

Well I know my taxes wont go up because some public union is sitting at a table with politicians they've bought and paid for... and that's a good thing.

And you think all politicians in every facet of government from school boards and town chairmen to the governor and all of the legislators are bought by unions?

Back at you
If you don't see this, you stepped out of line when they were handing out common sense.

Pyro01

You mean Like CHINA does, I'm sorry, I guess I get a little Cranky when I don't get enough sleep.I guess this old[61] open carrying HIPPIE just needs a little more sleep after a hard day of Protesting in MADISON.

I Voter for Newmen, [write in] Alot of us old DOGS saw this comeing a mile away..

I voted for Nuemann too in the primaries, I really wish he would have gone up to run against Tom Barrett rather than Walker, but what can you do? I did however cast my vote for Walker in the main election.

Trip20

As a taxpayer, I don't want my tax money spent on bailouts and tax breaks for corporations.

What this statement says to me is that you liken bailouts and tax breaks for corps to the wasteful spending associated with maintaining public employee benefits (as a whole)... Benefits facilitated by the collective bargaining stranglehold we've dealt with for far too long.

I would have to agree.

I don't want tax money used to insulate public employees from this economic black hole we find ourselves in at the moment. I don't want it spent on bailouts, I don't want it spent on subsidizing the lazy welfare abusers in our state..... the list goes on.

Whether or not my taxes go down a result of this legislation is irrelevant. What it does is protect them from going up as a result of collective bullying.

Last edited: