• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Terry "Burn the Koran" Jones will be 'packing' during his Dearborn protest Friday

eye95

Sarcasm: raw and scornful use of apparent approval to express disapproval

Did you really just pull a ninja edit on me??

You do realize that we can see the time of the edit and the time of my last and your last post.

I really hope you don't think that I am that stupid--or that the other members are so unobservant as to be suckered by that bit of trickery.

Moving on.

Sc0tt

REMOVED SO THE ADMINISTRATOR WONT HAVE TO.

No I don't think your stupid which is why I assumed you'd be able to figure out that i added the sarcasm tags first and then posted the definition.

Moving on

Last edited:

Gunslinger

I was merely answering the snarky "Since when?" I was not opining on the respect shown to rights.

To fully state the point so it is not lost in the attempted distraction: Jones has the right to express his (IMO, vile) opinion. I have the right to opine that his opinion is vile. And we have had these rights since God created man, endowing him with certain unalienable rights--even if the government (or some individuals) do not respect those rights.

Moving on.

"Snarky"? Me? "sarcastic, impertinent, or irreverent in tone or manner"

Sonora Rebel

Terry Jones is a two-bit attention whore speadin' hate 'n discontent just 'cause he 'can'. He's no better that the Westboro Baptists 'n prob'ly worse 'cause he's gotten people (our people) killed as a result of his theatrics. Cause and effect... like it or not. If he's really all that anti-muslim... he can get his dumbass on an airplane 'n go to A'stan. I'm sure somebody will sell/give him a gun 'n he can wander off into the Hindu Kush never to be seen again. But he won't do that 'cause he's a coward. IMHO he needs a good bitch-slappin' and a kick in the ass along with a bus ticket back to Couzinhumper creek.

Last edited:

Alexcabbie

Everyone here has an opinion of Islam.
To get my explanation of the religion, google "The Alexandria Daily Poop" and enter "Islam" in the blog search box.

But to the topic: The City tried to use Jones' exercise of his RTKBA as proof that violence was likely to occur. But the violence that was likely to occur was the result of threats by thugs, which made Jones' exercise of his RTKBA not only protected but necessary.

Did the US Park Police charge Martin Luther King for protection when he spoke at the Lincoln Memorial? Hmmm???

Beretta92FSLady

So people who protest funerals can get permits even though they are basically harassing emotionally distraught people, but someone can't protest outside of a mosque? That seems pretty hypocritical.

Are both 'protests' the same First Amendment protests? What is the intent of the protests? When protesting the funeral of a fallen soldier--blaming 'the gays' for the death of American soldiers, or a gay person who has died of HIV (they do protest funerals like that), they are explicitly attacking a group of people. The same goes for mosques. Should those types of 'protests' (I prefer to call them indirect attacks, not protests) be under First Amendment 'protections' of freedom of speech...freedom of religion? Hell no!

Burning an object such as the Koran is a non-issue as far as I am concerned. If this Religious Organization wishes to burn Korans, NY Times, Christian Bibles, Satanic Bible, The Advocate, all day every day, I could care less. They know that burning the Koran gets Muslims all up-in-arms--what a bunch of opportunistic zealots (Muslims who respond violently).

I have to say that when I see some middle-easterner burning the American flag...the sh*t that goes through my mind to see something like that, but whatever. I realize that people like that hate America, and Americans--just don't bring your baggage over here to my country. As for Americans who burn the flag, they should be....dealt with accordingly.

As far as issues of what constitute 'freedom of speech', the constitutionality of the issue is found by SCOTUS. So, if a particular 'freedom of speech' is not Constitutionally protected, then it is found not Constitutionally protected (contingent on the make-up of the court). Damn constructs, right?!

Jews, Christian, Islam, they all come from the same place, and worship the same God. The issue is each of them thinks that they have the 'truth'. A bunch of presumptuous idiots as far as I am concerned. You have your 'truth', great, you can tell me about it, but don't try to enforce your so-called 'truth' on my life.

I think this Koran burner should meet-up with a Christian Bible burner, put their 'Book' down, and sort it out the old fashioned way, bare-knuckle boxing.

Last edited:

Gunslinger

Terry Jones is a two-bit attention whore speadin' hate 'n discontent just 'cause he 'can'. He's no better that the Westboro Baptists 'n prob'ly worse 'cause he's gotten people (our people) killed as a result of his theatrics. Cause and effect... like it or not. If he's really all that anti-muslim... he can get his dumbass on an airplane 'n go to A'stan. I'm sure somebody will sell/give him a gun 'n he can wander off into the Hindu Kush never to be seen again. But he won't do that 'cause he's a coward. IMHO he needs a good bitch-slappin' and a kick in the ass along with a bus ticket back to Couzinhumper creek.

The Westboro "Baptist Church" are idiots and beneath contempt. I don't care what they think about homosexuality. I'd like to be on the jury trying a father who was burying his son who had died in honorable service to our country and beat the **** out of one of the "protesters." If he admitted on the stand that he did it, I'd still find him not guilty. This guy is not in that league.

Beretta92FSLady

The Westboro "Baptist Church" are idiots and beneath contempt. I don't care what they think about homosexuality. I'd like to be on the jury trying a father who was burying his son who had died in honorable service to our country and beat the **** out of one of the "protesters." If he admitted on the stand that he did it, I'd still find him not guilty. This guy is not in that league.

Anyone who 'protests' a funeral should have their a$$ kicked. Just my .02. The parents of these fallen soldiers are strong-willed people. IMO. It wouldn't take much for me to hit the breaks, get out of my car, and knock the hell out of some jerk holding a sign, 'protesting' the funeral of one of my children.

Last edited:

Sc0tt

Did the US Park Police charge Martin Luther King for protection when he spoke at the Lincoln Memorial? Hmmm???

When have they ever charged, and convicted, and required to post bond based on a crime that somone was likely to commit.

A sad day. Now a days to be put in jail you dont even have to commit a crime just be likely to

Beretta92FSLady

When have they ever charged, and convicted, and required to post bond based on a crime that somone was likely to commit.

A sad day. Now a days to be put in jail you dont even have to commit a crime just be likely to

"Jones could be arrested if he goes ahead with the protest outside the mosque without a permit, said city spokeswoman Mary Laundroche. She added that the permit had been denied for "public safety reasons."

Did I miss something? If an individual steps out of the passenger seat of a running vehicle in front of a bank, puts a mask over their head, while holding a shotgun, should the officer wait until the individual is actually robbing the bank? Nope!

"(AGI) Detroit - Florida pastor Terry Jones, known for burning a Quran in public thus triggering a wave of violence in Afghanistan, was arrested by the police in Detroit. Pastor Jones and Wayne Sapp were detained after a court decided that the protest outside a mosque in a Muslim neighbourhood of the city would breach the peace. In court Pastor Jones declared that "the Quran promotes terrorist activities around the world" and said his right to contest Islam comes under the First Amendment of the US Constitution. . ."
http://www.agi.it/english-version/w..._jones_arrested_before_protest_outside_mosque

Apparently Jones was not arrested for no reason. Jones was arrested because he was set to 'protest', and was not given a permit to 'protest'.

Jones was arrested...has he been charged (?), and it appears that he has not been convicted. Standard procedure it looks like. When someone is suspected of either committing a crime or on his/her way to taking part in a crime then it is legal to arrest them, investigate whether or not they are guilty, charge them, and seek a conviction.

Sc0tt

Did I miss something? If an individual steps out of the passenger seat of a running vehicle in front of a bank, puts a mask over their head, while holding a shotgun, should the officer wait until the individual is actually robbing the bank? Nope!

No but the officer will stop and interrogate the man and possibly find that he was just skeet shooting in the mountains and was going into a SECU which allows OC to make a deposit and check on his auto loan.

Innocent until proven guilty not Innocent until we think your going to do it.

eye95

Thanks. At least no one was hurt.

I dont believe in the term accidental discharge except in very rare and specific cases.

Accidental, as opposed to intentional, not as opposed to negligent. I assume this was a ND. Folks should not routinely handle a handgun until they can get it in and out of a holster without it going off.

Sc0tt

Folks should not routinely handle a handgun until they can get it in and out of a holster without it going off.

LMAO, Agreed

Maybe we should replace some of the questions on that AFT form with better ones like "I am able to holster and un-holster my weapon without discharging it"

stainless1911

Banned
lol true.

if you dont put your finger inside the trigger guard...

One thing we bitch about in Michigan is that without a CPL you have to unload and case the weapon outside your vehicle before you can put into or retrieve it from the trunk. This results in excess handling, which has and will again result in the occasional ND. Its a statistical certainty. Without such prohibitions, the frequency of handling the firearm is reduced, and thus the likelihood of an ND. Nevermind the obvious infringements that have nothing at all to do with crime.

Sc0tt

lol true.

if you dont put your finger inside the trigger guard...

One thing we bitch about in Michigan is that without a CPL you have to unload and case the weapon outside your vehicle before you can put into or retrieve it from the trunk. This results in excess handling, which has and will again result in the occasional ND. Its a statistical certainty. Without such prohibitions, the frequency of handling the firearm is reduced, and thus the likelihood of an ND. Nevermind the obvious infringements that have nothing at all to do with crime.

How often in Michigan are people charge with brandishing or anything of the sort. I know when I want to leave mine in the trunk and I goto unload it I get nervous of a GATTP or brandishing charge.