• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Terry "Burn the Koran" Jones will be 'packing' during his Dearborn protest Friday

Sc0tt

How has Jones lost touch with reality? His strategy is genius. The more people Muslims threaten with death (like Jones) the more the notion of Islam as a "religion of peace" is shown to be a bald-faced lie. Jones doesn't have to actually do anything to a single Quran. He merely has to threaten to and he becomes the subject of death threats and lawfare. The imposition of Sharia law we see here makes his point for him.

Really at this point your no better than he is sterotyping an entire religous group based on the exstreme acts of a few.

The only thing he proves is what we all know, that there are exstremest out there, in Islam and in every religion. Islam truley is a relgion of peace a few exstremeist have perverted its image to one of hate.

:banghead:

Sc0tt

I have studied and been immersed in Islamic culture both through my work and friends, I speak from first hand exsperince when I say that Islam is a religion of peace, you can not pursuade me diffrently from what I have seen and exsperince through my years.

This is not the correct time or place for that disscion and I will tell you that that discsion will never happen becuasse I will not have that discussion with you becuase it is appearnt that your thinking is biased and what your doing is not much short of scaremongering

Q-Tip

I have to wonder why it is that the world erupts when one person publicly burns a copy of the Koran, but the Bible is burned every single day in Muslim countries, sometimes even by our own soldiers, and there are no riots, protests, or death threats. Something just strikes me funny about that.

Brion

Because the terrorist have won when people are too scared to let some nutjob burn a koran, or show mohamad on tv. It's terrorist and extreamist that send out the death threats. That's what America has come to. "You can ****:cuss: and ****:cuss: all over Jesus but don't you dare make a south park episode of mohamad. That's just too far. No, sir. Can't do it. Won't let you. You sir are too much and we won't allow such duragatory material on my network. And burning a koran is a hate crime agains a peacefull people." :banghead: We've heard it all. Just do it and don't ask for permission next time Mr. Jones. :monkey Or anyone els.

eye95

How has Jones lost touch with reality? His strategy is genius. The more people Muslims threaten with death (like Jones) the more the notion of Islam as a "religion of peace" is shown to be a bald-faced lie. [emphasis Sc0tt's] Jones doesn't have to actually do anything to a single Quran. He merely has to threaten to and he becomes the subject of death threats and lawfare. The imposition of Sharia law we see here makes his point for him.

Really at this point your no better than he is sterotyping an entire religous group based on the exstreme acts of a few.

The only thing he proves is what we all know, that there are exstremest out there, in Islam and in every religion. Islam truley is a relgion of peace a few exstremeist have perverted its image to one of hate.

He did not make a statement about Muslims, but instead talked about the perception of the religion. I have (and I am sure that he has) no doubt that there is a large number of very peaceful Muslims out there. However, my perception is that Islam is a religion of violence. That is a perception of the religion, not of ALL of its adherents.

I might think differently if all those peaceful Muslims put forth more effort working against the violent practitioners than they do in insisting that their religion is one of peace.

Last edited:

Daylen

Because the terrorist have won when people are too scared to let some nutjob burn a koran, or show mohamad on tv. It's terrorist and extreamist that send out the death threats. That's what America has come to. "You can ****:cuss: and ****:cuss: all over Jesus but don't you dare make a south park episode of mohamad. That's just too far. No, sir. Can't do it. Won't let you. You sir are too much and we won't allow such duragatory material on my network. And burning a koran is a hate crime agains a peacefull people." :banghead: We've heard it all. Just do it and don't ask for permission next time Mr. Jones. :monkey Or anyone els.

One groups rude and bad behavior does not justify another group's rude behavior.

Brion

One groups rude and bad behavior does not justify another group's rude behavior.

/agree

All I'm saying is that in America, you can't say Jesus. But you are applauded for standing up for your muslim belief. And every1 els will stand behind you and protect you for it.

I digress. This needs to get back on the topic of Terry Jones's right to carry for his protest that was supposed to happen on friday.

randian

I might think differently if all those peaceful Muslims put forth more effort working against the violent practitioners than they do in insisting that their religion is one of peace.
There is of course the not politically correct, Occam's razor version: Islam isn't a religion of peace. "Islam is a religion of peace. Now shut up or we'll kill you". That's what's happening to Jones. Kind of says it all, doesn't it?

When a Muslim says "Islam is a religion of peace", he means that when the entire earth has been conquered by Islam there will be peace.

There are Muslims who don't know about, or who won't follow, the Quran's commands to subjugate the unbelievers and imitate Muhammad in thought and deed. The existence of such people are irrelevant, because Islam is not a religion of peace. The perfect Muslim imitates Muhammad, as the Quran commands him to do over 50 times. Muhammad was a warlord who conquered everybody no matter how peaceful they were. Muhammad said, in authentic hadith, that the only certain way into heaven was fighting and dying in Allah's cause. Ergo, Islamic terrorists don't pervert Islam, they are its highest expression.

There are many Muslims who will lie to your face about such things, in accordance with other Quranic commands, and in imitation of Allah himself, whom the Quran states is "the greatest of deceivers".

Gunslinger

Islam is a "religion of peace" and Spellcheck doesn't work. About equitable distribution of accuracy, I'd say.

Gunslinger

Since God created Man and endowed him with certain unalienable rights.

Unfortunately, erosion is a constant problem that must be dealt with. It hasn't been of late. I firmly believe that what was once ours will be ours again. But as of now, that isn't the case.

"We're all equal; but some are more equal than others."
Orwell, "Animal Farm."

eye95

Unfortunately, erosion is a constant problem that must be dealt with. It hasn't been of late. I firmly believe that what was once ours will be ours again. But as of now, that isn't the case.

"We're all equal; but some are more equal than others."
Orwell, "Animal Farm."

I was merely answering the snarky "Since when?" I was not opining on the respect shown to rights.

To fully state the point so it is not lost in the attempted distraction: Jones has the right to express his (IMO, vile) opinion. I have the right to opine that his opinion is vile. And we have had these rights since God created man, endowing him with certain unalienable rights--even if the government (or some individuals) do not respect those rights.

Moving on.

Sc0tt

Islam is a "religion of peace" and Spellcheck doesn't work. About equitable distribution of accuracy, I'd say.

Correct Spellcheck does not work on my phone.

Lets get this out:
All I am saying is that it is wrong to judge all Muslims based on the actions of a few, The perfect example would be what if all Christians were judged based on the actions of the Westboro Baptist Church.
These days you don't have to have the most correct or valid point to be heard you simply have to be the loudest or craziest, these are the people who seem to get all the attention.

SO............

back_on_topic.jpg

While I may not agree with what Jones is doing, I do believe that under the constitution and the bill of rights he has every right to do it and to do it while bearing arms.

I am curious as to why his permit for a protest was denied?
It obviously was not simply becuase he planed to burn a Quran becuase that would be covered under the first amendment and he could take that denial of his permit to court and itd be the shortest court case ever.
You honor Exhibits A, and B, the constitution of the United States of America and the Bill of Rights, Let the record reflect emphasis on the first and second amendments, I rest my case.

I am also curious as to how it will reflect on OC and gun owners in general when there is man packing heat lighting a Quran on fire on TV?

Last edited:

eye95

And therein lies the problem.

No one is judging Muslims. The comments are directed at the so-called "religion of peace," not at its practitioners.

Sc0tt

"religion of peace,"

<sarcasm>
Ok so we all agree then "religion of peace," was an obvious fail on the part of the Muslim Public relations department.
</sarcasm>

Jones, the Quran-burning Florida minister, was briefly jailed Friday night along with his assistant and fellow pastor Wayne Sapp, after they each refused to post a $1 peace bond. Following a day-long trial in Dearborn’s 19th District Court, a six-member jury of Dearborn residents determined Jones and Sapp were “likely to breach the peace” if they went through with their planned anti-Sharia, anti-jihad protest at Islamic Center of America, the largest mosque in the nation.
Judge Somers set bond at $1 each and ordered Jones and Sapp not to go near Islamic Center of America for three years, unless the mosque’s leadership agreed to allow it.As he laid out the terms, Somers cited former U.S. Supreme Court Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes’ dissenting opinion in a 1925 free-speech case that prominently featured public safety interests against free-speech protections.

crowd included Muslims upset over Jones’ anti-Islam message, a group of open-carry gun advocates, anarchists and the liberal social action group

Jones told reporters before boarding a plane back to Florida Saturday morning that he would be back to protest in Dearborn this Friday, but the issue is no longer strictly Islam – now it’s free speech.

http://www.pressandguide.com/articles/2011/04/26/news/doc4db6fe8cb7412036576291.txt

So Basically he was arrested in tried for a crime he was "likely' to commit? And when he refused to post a $1 peace bond they put him back in jail?

A sad day in US history.

Last edited:

eye95

I do not agree on that statement. Please don't try to express my POV. I have very carefully expressed it for myself.