• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Here is free training that meets the letter of the proposed law

rcav8r

According to channel3000 (oh yeah, reliable source, eh?), JB said they "will not enforce the suspended rule when processing applications".

So, if they rejected the whole thing, then a MD cert should be good to go, but if they only rejected parts of it, like the 4 hour requirement but NOT the face to face, then it's still a "problem".

So did they suspend the entire DOJ rules or not?

E6chevron

wouldnt that mean the online would work? or am i missing something

Parts of the Administrative Rules have been stricken.

j.B. Van Hollen said he will comply with THOSE changes.

The JCRAR motion just mentioned what has been changed or removed. The rules still contain the definition of Instructor-led:

JUS 17.03 (9) “Instructor-led” means training that is conducted face-to-face in which instructors actively guide students through each lesson, answer questions, facilitate discussion, and provide feedback on activities and/or assignments. Learner-led or self-directed learning—the delivery of learning experiences to independent learners who lead and manage their own experience, delivered via web pages, multimedia presentations, computer applications, online presentations, or similar methods—is not instructor-led.

Maryland or any other online course will not meet the requirements of the Emergency Administrative rules that are in place, as of Nov. 7, 2011.

Last edited:

wild boar

Thank you...

...for clearing that up. We have made progress, but, still have work to do. I applied with my DD-214, and am getting my UT through Yellow Cat this weekend. I have the MD just in case I ever want to buy a gun out there. Until then, just more padding in the wallet. boar out.

Dusto

Bummed!

Skimming through the thread here, it looks like the online course will NOT qualify. Is that correct? Or can anyone confirm if it has indeed worked? Keeping my fingers crossed as I am not a fan of being required to take certain courses without choosing to do so myself.

paul@paul-fisher.com

Skimming through the thread here, it looks like the online course will NOT qualify. Is that correct? Or can anyone confirm if it has indeed worked? Keeping my fingers crossed as I am not a fan of being required to take certain courses without choosing to do so myself.

So far one person that I have heard of has received a rejection letter for using the MD course. It was dated 11/7 which was before the time they relaxed the training hours so who knows.

Dusto

I would be interested if there has been any feedback since the changes to the training hours went through. I would hate to send in the application with $50 just to have it rejected, and then take a $100 course and send in another $50 and application :banghead:

Hoping we can hear some success stories since the law changes.