• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where Did You Carry Today And How Did It Go

xdmcompact

Went out to Bass Pro in St. Charles to check out the AR's, then had dinner with the family at Smash Burger. Finished the night at wally world for a few items, got a long look from an officer in the parking lot but absolutely no problems.

Last edited:

BOOMcat12B

Went to the Mobile Mart and Kroger yesterday and had no problems... Though when I was at the Mobile Mart the clerk behind the counter ( a younger fellow) eyed my hip immediately as I walked in... I stood in line waiting for my turn and whe I got to the counter he asked me if I was a cop... I kind of froze as the question did not register...I am so used to being asked about carrying or if I have a permit to carry that I was completely un prepared for this question. LOL After a few moments of figuring out what he asked I simply told him nope I am just a law abiding citizen practicing my rights. I was buying a pack of smokes for a buddies dad and he had given me 3 dollar bills and 2.75 cents in quarters... I counted out the correct amount for the smokes, told the dude to have a good night and started walking away. As I was the clerk said Sir you still owe me some money... I walked back and realized that I had completely mis counted. I apologized and gave him the correct amount and then left. I guess I was still kind of mentally off balance from the question. Hopefully he did not get the wrong impression of things. Just one of those days I reckon. Anyone else ever have this happen? Just be thrown off by a question like that? I have answered many questions and dealt with many LEO encounters and have never had this happen...Oh well chalk it up as a learning experience I guess.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
OC'ing a variety of places in TN.

Not getting many who seem to notice.

Have not noticed anyone else around Memphis OC, might be some here though.

Boba Fett

I was under the impression TN was not OC friendly. Any chance I could OC when travelling through the state from MO to SC? I'll probably have a Maine OoS permit before long, but TN doesn't recognize it.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I was under the impression TN was not OC friendly. Any chance I could OC when travelling through the state from MO to SC? I'll probably have a Maine OoS permit before long, but TN doesn't recognize it.

Tennessee is not a traditional open carry state. However, Tennessee is a shall-issue state that issues a carry permit that allows both open and concealed carry.

Complete State Preemption of All Firearm Laws except those ordinances that were in effect at the time preemption was passed.

Firearms may be openly carried in cars only with a permit/license.
http://www.opencarry.org/tn.html

Tennessee now recognizes a facially valid handgun permit, firearms permit, weapons permit, or a license issued by another state according to its terms, and will, therefore, authorize the holder of such out-of-state permit or license to carry a handgun only in the state of Tennessee.
http://www.tn.gov/safety/handgun/reciprocity.shtml

South Carolina = no OC

Last edited:

Boba Fett

Thanks for the info Grapeshot! Yeah, we're working on the situation in SC... lol

Does this mean that with a Maine CCW I can carry while in TN? (if you'd rather PM me so as not to clutter the thread that's fine)

Last edited:

NG19

Just got done fishing for the day. The places that I went to were OK with oc. One was private, about 15 min from the state fair grounds. The other was about 15 min down m hwy off of 50, that was conservation land. Then to eat at Freddie's and on home. Good day, the gun didn't scare any fish away:)

opencarryjoel

Very gun unfriendly manager!

I was in Moberly mo. on july 4th and 5th. I was frequently in casey's in Moberly mo next to the bridge. It was store 1121. Beth is the store manager there. I went the visited there probably 3 or so times on the evening of July 3rd and at least a half dozen times on July 4th while we were in town setting up the fireworks display out to the lake. Tuesday night and wednesday I had no issues, everyone was smiling at me, were very friendly and we had no problems, seems like no one even noticed that I was oc'ing. (The manager Beth wasn't there those times I was.) We got packed up on the 5th and stopped in to get some drinks for the road and I didn't get 6 inches inside the door and Beth the manager was yelling at me. Sir for the safety of my employees and our customers you need to take that thing out of here and leave it in your car. I said for the safety of myself I'd prefer to keep it on me. I said I am a very nice person and a very peacefull individual at that. It will stay holstered till I tell it otherwise, I promise. When her theory that I was going on a rampage with it didn't seem to be materializing, then she started on the well you might not but I'm concerened that someone else might try and get it from you. I said thats why it's in a retention holster so I don't have to worry so much about that. She said sir your still going to have to take it out that door. I took it out and put it in the truck and against my better judgement I went back in and bought a drink. Mainly because I was dying and it was already 95 degrees at ten am. I asked her for her name and store number, which she gladly gave me. I called casey's corporate and reported the incident to the H.R. person. I was told that they were very sorry and did apologise all over the place. I was told that the incident and my follow up phone call to her would be forwarded to the area superviser and that person would get back to me. Well she did call, while I was in the shower two days later, from a restricted number, and left a message saying she was sorry for my dissapointing visit and that she would call back at a time in hopes I could accomodate her call. Never leaving her number and thats the last I have heard from anyone at casey's. I'm still waiting for a follow-up call. Now that I'm being ignored, im going to give it another whirl at corporate again and see where the ball bounces this time! Will let everyone know how it goes.

Oramac

I was in Moberly mo. on july 4th and 5th. I was frequently in casey's in Moberly mo next to the bridge. It was store 1121. Beth is the store manager there. I went the visited there probably 3 or so times on the evening of July 3rd and at least a half dozen times on July 4th while we were in town setting up the fireworks display out to the lake. Tuesday night and wednesday I had no issues, everyone was smiling at me, were very friendly and we had no problems, seems like no one even noticed that I was oc'ing. (The manager Beth wasn't there those times I was.) We got packed up on the 5th and stopped in to get some drinks for the road and I didn't get 6 inches inside the door and Beth the manager was yelling at me. Sir for the safety of my employees and our customers you need to take that thing out of here and leave it in your car. I said for the safety of myself I'd prefer to keep it on me. I said I am a very nice person and a very peacefull individual at that. It will stay holstered till I tell it otherwise, I promise. When her theory that I was going on a rampage with it didn't seem to be materializing, then she started on the well you might not but I'm concerened that someone else might try and get it from you. I said thats why it's in a retention holster so I don't have to worry so much about that. She said sir your still going to have to take it out that door. I took it out and put it in the truck and against my better judgement I went back in and bought a drink. Mainly because I was dying and it was already 95 degrees at ten am. I asked her for her name and store number, which she gladly gave me. I called casey's corporate and reported the incident to the H.R. person. I was told that they were very sorry and did apologise all over the place. I was told that the incident and my follow up phone call to her would be forwarded to the area superviser and that person would get back to me. Well she did call, while I was in the shower two days later, from a restricted number, and left a message saying she was sorry for my dissapointing visit and that she would call back at a time in hopes I could accomodate her call. Never leaving her number and thats the last I have heard from anyone at casey's. I'm still waiting for a follow-up call. Now that I'm being ignored, im going to give it another whirl at corporate again and see where the ball bounces this time! Will let everyone know how it goes.

Why not tell Beth to ask her other employees about you and check the store security cameras? You've clearly been in there several times and not had any problems.

opencarryjoel

Why not tell Beth to ask her other employees about you and check the store security cameras? You've clearly been in there several times and not had any problems.

I did tell her also that I had been in several times yesterday, but she was a anti-gun biggot and I don't think It would made difference one what I said. Some people just want to throw her weight around.

kylemoul

I did tell her also that I had been in several times yesterday, but she was a anti-gun biggot and I don't think It would made difference one what I said. Some people just want to throw her weight around.

well let them know someone just lost business

bp231986

Eagle Stop you have lost a costumer

Was going to a BBQ at my buddies house and decided to stop at the gas station and get me something to drink (it was HOT). I went to MY gas station, the one i always stop at before going to work. I stop there every morning at about 0400hrs. Im a Security Officer, armed and unarmed depending on the location, so i thought that i wont have any issues OCing there because they have seen me in uniform.

Walked in and got my drink and waited in line to pay. The Clerk pointed me out(new employee)and told me that i could not have a weapon. I smiled and told her that yes i could. she then got the manager that i havent met because im always there to early but i know the night staff well.

The manager came up to me and said i needed to leave because firearms are not allowed. I told her that it was my right to have a firearm and that i there was no posting on the store against firearms. She went ahead to say that they infact do have such posting on the door. Then to be honest i **** my pants thinking i was going to get into trouble and loose my job as our records have to be spotless or your out the door. But i could have swore there was no such posting becuse i always double check!! i then told the manager im sorry i must have missed it and asked her to show me(lol at this point i wanted to be atleast out the door so if PD showed up it wouldnt be an issue. Well the manager and i stepped out and looked. lol she then started to say "well we are supose to have one on the door" i told her well lady i dont see it. I told her that i cant belive this is even a problem as i have OCed in the past here lots of times in uniform and out of uniform. she said they dont have a problem with me in uniform but will not allow me to out of uniform and that she will have the NO WEAPONS sign put up in a couple of hours.

I told her that i respected her opinion on the matter but i said " I see this as my gas station/snack/drink station and that they have always been my number one stop" i then handed her the bottle of soda and said not anymore, you have lost my business and those of my friends and family. I turned around and walked away. i havent been back and i wont. Sucks because i really did like the night crew i dealt with before heading to work. Once i was in a hurry and the clerk was doing a shift change and said "hey i can tell your in a hurry this coffe is on me" i said i cant do that ill pay, he said it will be like 15 minutes, i smiled and said thank you and ran out the door, next morning i got my coffe (star bucks 2.99 cold coffee) paid with a 10.00 bill and told him the rest was a tip and i walked out. So im going to miss all the bonding ive done with the night crew ove the countless times ive stopped there but i wont give my money to a place that wont allow a law abiding citizen to carry.

Bryan

bp231986

To anyone in Columbia that would want to avoid this gas station its Called Eagle Stop off of I 70 exit 126.

Bryan

xdmcompact

Carried all over St. Charles today, had breakfast with a group of guys from here. Then went over to the gun show, carried in the gun show. Absolutely no problems, as it should be.

bp231986

Interesting . I have not been to that particular station, but I have had zero problems carrying ANYWHERE in Columbia.

Ya i know this was my first time ever having a problem in columbia. ive carried to all three walmarts, all three hyvees, cost cutters different gastations, Benards, pawn shops, fast food, restaurants i mean everywere!! and this was the only place and the weird thing about out it its the place im at a lot.