• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where Did You Carry Today And How Did It Go

Redbaron007

Since I was driving my personal vehicle to work today, I placed my G32 on my hip, walked out of the house then stopped at the local Starbucks (in a Price Cutter grocery store).....since I'm usually in my employer vehicle I can't carry, so when the barista saw my weapon, she goes "I didn't know you were a detective" I just smiled and thanked her for my coffee. :lol: (disclosure...I'm not a LEO)

Also, on Black Friday, after shooting at the range, was wondering around BPS and saw two other OCers. Neither stated they were members here; encouraged them to have a look see.

mspgunner

OC'd at J.C. Penny in O'Fallon, like usual no one cared. From OK there are many OC posts(New there), no one really makes a big woof of it. OC is becoming "normal" more and more. All that's left is to fix the stupidity in Missouri..... We'll see?

Redbaron007

Went to a funeral in KC/Gladstone area on Wednesday. While in that area, CCW'd to the funeral and family gathering.

Going up, OC'd at McD's in Clinton.

On the way back home, OC'd (no sport coat) into Snead's BBQ in Belton, & DQ in Clinton. Not sure what Clinton's ordinances are....didn't really think about it. However, the kid at DQ commented on my G26 (he actually said it was a 27 or 26) and glad to see folks OCing. If I were a betting person, he was 25ish?

WCEarp

Went to Walmart in Oak Grove and Blue Springs for odds and ends and for decorations for a party that my wife is hosting. Then Subway in Oak Grove for dinner.

The only thing of note was the kid at Subway leaning over the glass to get a better look at my gun. He then went back to making sandwiches.

svh

Happy ending OC in St. peters.

Yesterday, 12-3 12, was a very nice day. Decided to walk my very intimidating 12 pound chiwawa / yorkie mix at a park in St. Peters. I was OCing my 1911, as I do about half the time Im out. After a half hour or so I returned to the parking lot to leave, when I was approached by a female who commented on my little dog, and informed me that "someone" had called the PD, and they would be here any moment. She pointed out that that "someone" was hiding in the parking lot across the street, waiting to see a shootout or something. She said she was not scared cause I looked "respectable", and the cops were on their way, although she kept her distance at first. Anyway, as I waited for the police to show up, we chatted and I informed her I was perfectly legal, that I have had my CCW permit for many years, and OC is OK in St. peters, with a permit. We talked for a good 30 minutes longer, before the "someone" across the street got bored and drove away. I waved to him on his way out. The police never showed up (Dont know if they even got called), so I left, but not before getting contact info for my new friend. I left her with the promise of taking her to the range sometime (soon), as she has never so much as held a firearm before.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Yesterday, 12-3 12, was a very nice day. Decided to walk my very intimidating 12 pound chiwawa / yorkie mix at a park in St. Peters. I was OCing my 1911, as I do about half the time Im out. After a half hour or so I returned to the parking lot to leave, when I was approached by a female who commented on my little dog, and informed me that "someone" had called the PD, and they would be here any moment. She pointed out that that "someone" was hiding in the parking lot across the street, waiting to see a shootout or something. She said she was not scared cause I looked "respectable", and the cops were on their way, although she kept her distance at first. Anyway, as I waited for the police to show up, we chatted and I informed her I was perfectly legal, that I have had my CCW permit for many years, and OC is OK in St. peters, with a permit. We talked for a good 30 minutes longer, before the "someone" across the street got bored and drove away. I waved to him on his way out. The police never showed up (Dont know if they even got called), so I left, but not before getting contact info for my new friend. I left her with the promise of taking her to the range sometime (soon), as she has never so much as held a firearm before.

In the old days if you wanted to meet someone interesting, you took your dog for a walk in the park. Now days OCing is said to accomplish much the same thing. To your credit, you combined the best of both worlds. Well played, sir.

svh

Thanks. The more I think about it, I may have been "set up" Was the PD even called ? Was it a ruse to intro herself to me ? My little dog has always been an attractor, but Im 50 yo, and a bit overweight, so I dont think it was me. It seems funny that the 5-0 never showed to a MWAG call.

OC for ME

A 12 lb. chiwawa/yorkie mix is/can be a very intimidating critter. It is possible that a SWAT takes far longer to get mobilized to respond to a situation of your type. You should have waited another couple of hours, I'm fairly confident someone in LE would have shown up.....eventually.

Oramac

Thanks. The more I think about it, I may have been "set up" Was the PD even called ? Was it a ruse to intro herself to me ? My little dog has always been an attractor, but Im 50 yo, and a bit overweight, so I dont think it was me. It seems funny that the 5-0 never showed to a MWAG call.

I have yet to experience a MWAG call, thank God. Sounds like you handled yourself pretty well, even though they never showed up.

freak4cycles

Can you bring one?

That is what I was talking about. I have the name and phone # of the printer and will call them Monday.
The Flag is also being actively sought. (OC

Marc can you please bring one of these cards for me on Sunday?

While I did CC today I have a story on OC and not sure where to post it? So I will post it here.

Today I went to C&S gun shop in St. Peters Mo. As soon as I walked in I overheard several people bashing the OC crowd. I listen to their arguments which included:
" I don't understand why they do that, they are just ruining it for all of us!"
" they just want to bait the police, you can't win when you **** with the police"
" those OC guys are nuts they just want to post you tube videos online"
" what is the point and what is to gain ? "

After what felt like 20 minutes of this crap, I said " wait a minute I open carry" I do it to exorcise my right and to get the public use to it. After that I was attacked verbally on why I should not do it. What I found most amusing is there was a off duty cop there, not sure which department and one of the workers was asking can I carry a hand gun on my seat in my car? The off duty cop was dogging the question and asking more questions to drag it out. I jumped in and said yes you can carry a loaded gun on your seat in your vehicle. I was pulling that info from what I have read here on castle laws and rights to transport. I also stated that when I went threw my CCW training my instructor Paul bastine told the class you can carry a loaded gun on your seat , most cops don't know this fact. I found it very silly that another cop didn't know the law they are paid to uphold. I am not strong enough in my debate skills on the topic to win but I felt like I must stand up for my open carry friends and not let them label all of us as nut jobs just looking to bait the police. In the end I could not win the debate and was told that all we are doing is making the cities realize they need to ban OC in their cities after we exercise our rights to do so. Some horrible examples brought up were these :
Maple wood Mo , Walmart incident leading to ban on OC in that city
A you tube video at a Hardee's in pacific, where a group of OCer's ate where it was posted no firearms ?

I hope all of you can help me with my knowledge and debate skills on the topic as next time this happens I would like to better defend our community .. Carry On

mspgunner

There ar emany points and questions here, hopefully I'l lsee you on Sunday.
You can have a firearm on your car seat where OC is not prohibited, otherwise it can be in your car concealed.
I was at Hardees in pacific not long ago, I've never seen a video from there and I've never seen the "NO GUN" poste there.
I know a LEO who works at C&S who has been to some of our OC functions and even spoke at City Council meetings and Public Safety Committee meetings here in Wildwood when we were trying to get them to remove the OC prohibition here.
Some people just don't understand "rights".

I'll bring a stack of the cards Suday! See you there.

mspgunner

While I did CC today I have a story on OC and not sure where to post it? So I will post it here.

Today I went to C&S gun shop in St. Peters Mo. As soon as I walked in I overheard several people bashing the OC crowd. I listen to their arguments which included:
" they just want to bait the police, you can't win when you **** with the police"

After what felt like 20 minutes of this crap, I said " wait a minute I open carry" I do it to exorcise my right and to get the public use to it. After that I was attacked verbally on why I should not do it. What I found most amusing is there was a off duty cop there, not sure which department and one of the workers was asking can I carry a hand gun on my seat in my car? The off duty cop was dogging the question and asking more questions to drag it out. I jumped in and said yes you can carry a loaded gun on your seat in your vehicle. I was pulling that info from what I have read here on castle laws and rights to transport. I also stated that when I went threw my CCW training my instructor Paul bastine told the class you can carry a loaded gun on your seat , most cops don't know this fact. I found it very silly that another cop didn't know the law they are paid to uphold. I am not strong enough in my debate skills on the topic to win but I felt like I must stand up for my open carry friends and not let them label all of us as nut jobs just looking to bait the police. In the end I could not win the debate and was told that all we are doing is making the cities realize they need to ban OC in their cities after we exercise our rights to do so. Some horrible examples brought up were these :
A you tube video at a Hardee's in pacific, where a group of OCer's ate where it was posted no firearms ?

I hope all of you can help me with my knowledge and debate skills on the topic as next time this happens I would like to better defend our community .. Carry On

Boba Fett

Been a while since I posted. Me and a very good friend met to eat at Hong Kong Inn on Sunshine in Springfield. I had my G19 in my Serpa. My friend is somewhat anti-gun, but she's also pretty smart, so she realizes there are huge flaws in anti-gun logic. But anyways she knows and loves me, but this was the first time I'd been OC'ing a firearm with her. She never said anything about it so I guess I've already normalized her to it. :D We had a good meal and the staff was very friendly.

Oramac

My friend is somewhat anti-gun, but she's also pretty smart, so she realizes there are huge flaws in anti-gun logic.

Ok I have to ask: why is she still anti-gun then?

OT: I OC'd while grocery shopping at LSL wally world again. Don't think anyone even noticed. Definitely nobody said anything. So no problems, as it should be.

bp231986

Ran to Home Depot and grabbed some materials to make target stands. Dint have any problems. After Home Depot ran to Little Sesears Pizza and had no problems there either.

Boba Fett

Ok I have to ask: why is she still anti-gun then?

She says it's because her mom was like that and she's a lot like her mom. She thinks it's a bad idea for "everyone" to carry a gun. I explained that it's not about "everyone" carrying a gun, it's about the freedom of choice to do so.

I think she's just got guilty feeling since I gave her the "you're a parent and it's your responsibility to protect your kid" speech. :p

I honestly have no idea why she still clings to her slightly anti position, but she just kind of avoids the topic. I think I'm slowly winning her over now though, the other day she my posts on facebook were very good points. :monkey

kylemoul

She says it's because her mom was like that and she's a lot like her mom. She thinks it's a bad idea for "everyone" to carry a gun. I explained that it's not about "everyone" carrying a gun, it's about the freedom of choice to do so.

I think she's just got guilty feeling since I gave her the "you're a parent and it's your responsibility to protect your kid" speech. :p

I honestly have no idea why she still clings to her slightly anti position, but she just kind of avoids the topic. I think I'm slowly winning her over now though, the other day she my posts on facebook were very good points. :monkey

my mom likes dogs so i guess i have to like dogs too

WCEarp

Shopped at Wal-Mart for about two hours with the family. Went down the same aisles as a couple of Bates City PD who were shopping with their adopt-a-family families. It's a nice program that Bates City and Oak Grove PD do for the communities. Also talked with a couple of friends that we ran into and had a nice lady that let us know that Santa was at lay-away. So, of course we had to see Santa!

I think I got a couple of side glaces and that was it. Merry Christmas and happy holidays to everyone!

Right2BearFTW

There is a great essay written by mspgunner here:
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?107423-So-why-open-carry

Redbaron007

Well, I actually didn't OC last night....CCW due to clothing...but while my son and oldest daughter and I were in Walmart last night, a gentleman was OCing. My daughter and son both saw it before me. Both were pretty casual about. It was interesting to watch others watch him. Didn't really see a lot of gasping, but he did get several looks and some kept an eye on him.

Good to see!

Life is Good!!