• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Firearms Sales Co LLC in Ivor, VA

SFCRetired

I'll second Tess on this. You are closer to the owner than we are. You may well understand his reasons, and have your own, for this policy.

I, personally, would not patronize a gun store that required me to effectively disarm before entering their premises. I have no problem, however, with a store that requires me to keep my loaded weapon holstered and that requires me to unload a weapon being brought in for repair/trade/or any purpose requiring handling.

I also think it is a courtesy for a store to provide a clearing barrel outside or just inside the entrance for customers bringing weapons in for repair. In such a case, I would think clearing and then leaving the action open would be justifiable.

GreatDaneMan

I would like to add that Superior pawn and gun in Virginia Beach has a large sign "ALL FIREARMS MUST BE UNLOADED". I have no problem with this.. I went in clip out and slide open. A "clearing barrel"...sounds iffy to me, and sounds like a Brandishing charge. I clear mine in the car prior to entry, and either holster it slide open or case it slide open.. At least this way its likely my car to get damaged than someone in the same area IF something did happen. IFs are always possible, and there ARE idiots with guns no matter how many responsible people there are on this forum or as a whole. When it comes to the LIFE of the guy behind the counter that is dealing with the public, personally I would rather keep everything unloaded rather than be ended by some moron.

My friend was shot the other day in the eye with a revolver because the guy "emptied it", but one stuck. He did the twirl trick before holstering and it went off. This guy has been in the Navy for a few years too, but still is not responsible enough to own a firearm. He would of been dead had it hit half inch farther in, shattered his corner bone.

Personally I will be shopping at Firearms Sales Co. I think some of the comments here were uncalled for. The internet e-bully thing comes into my mind. And both guys were nice enough to come on and professionally comment on their side of things, rather than resort to name calling because someone did not agree with them.

just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
. I went in clip out and slide open.

You carrying a Broom Handle Mauser these days GD?:p

Tell Lancelot hello!
another-bounce.jpg

Last edited:

tcmech

Well, I wasn't the one to make this rule.
More than likely, pretty much no one here knows me, yet I am too stupid to work on guns. I guess I need to tell the Saiga community that it wasn't actually me who designed those great parts, it was my dog.
Oh, wait, I don't have a dog.
I hadn't been here much mainly because I don't OC, which is because of the hassle I got. I prefer to remain more low profile. But, the members here seem much different than before.
It seems to be generally thought that I should GTFO.
Maybe Richard is being intoloerant, but so is everyone here.

I guess that makes it all ok.

You said goodbye two posts ago, just go away, don't go away mad, just go away. Come to think of it go away crying like a little b#$%^& if you want.

I don't believe anyone here called you stupid, we just said we think the rules where you work as an independent contractor (or however you call it) are not to our liking and we will not frequent that place of business or spend our money there.

Have a nice life.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
I would like to add that Superior pawn and gun in Virginia Beach has a large sign "ALL FIREARMS MUST BE UNLOADED". I have no problem with this.. I went in clip out and slide open. A "clearing barrel"...sounds iffy to me, and sounds like a Brandishing charge. I clear mine in the car prior to entry, and either holster it slide open or case it slide open.. At least this way its likely my car to get damaged than someone in the same area IF something did happen. IFs are always possible, and there ARE idiots with guns no matter how many responsible people there are on this forum or as a whole. When it comes to the LIFE of the guy behind the counter that is dealing with the public, personally I would rather keep everything unloaded rather than be ended by some moron.

My friend was shot the other day in the eye with a revolver because the guy "emptied it", but one stuck. He did the twirl trick before holstering and it went off. This guy has been in the Navy for a few years too, but still is not responsible enough to own a firearm. He would of been dead had it hit half inch farther in, shattered his corner bone.

Personally I will be shopping at Firearms Sales Co. I think some of the comments here were uncalled for. The internet e-bully thing comes into my mind. And both guys were nice enough to come on and professionally comment on their side of things, rather than resort to name calling because someone did not agree with them.

just my 2 cents.

A diversity of opinions is a good thing. This is not bullying, though some of the comments here have been, IMNSHO, uncalled for.

I try, but still don't understand the mindset that if something COULD happen, penalizing those who aren't responsible for it is smart proactive action. Your friend's "guy" also forget never to point a firearm at something he didn't want to destroy. People who ignore basic safety rules are the problem, and they're not limited to customers. I have been swept more times than I care to count by dealer representatives at gun shows and occasionally in gun stores. I don't trust them any more than they trust me.

I believe several people here have made some good suggestions, but it appears Firearms Sales Co. is unwilling to consider them. No worries; they make their policies and potential customers make their decisions.

nuc65

Activist Member
A diversity of opinions is a good thing. This is not bullying, though some of the comments here have been, IMNSHO, uncalled for.

... No worries; they make their policies and potential customers make their decisions.

+1

I know that I will not shop there, or establishments that have the same rule.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
A diversity of opinions is a good thing. This is not bullying, though some of the comments here have been, IMNSHO, uncalled for..

Well Tess, they were little harsh but you know me and know I don't hide behind the internet. I can and do make the same comments in person and it's not like I'm anonymous or hard to get in touch with like some.

Great Dane Man is also entitled to his opinion with his clip and 18 posts...but at least he is a Dane Daddy, so he's salvageable:lol:

I know a little more about the owner and Smith now...I'll stick by my comments.

Gunfixr

Close Minded Huh.....

I'm not the idiot babbling about being handed a loaded gun when the rest of the world is talking about holstered guns.
How can someone so stupid be trusted to work on guns?

You said goodbye two posts ago, just go away, don't go away mad, just go away. Come to think of it go away crying like a little b#$%^& if you want.

I don't believe anyone here called you stupid, we just said we think the rules where you work as an independent contractor (or however you call it) are not to our liking and we will not frequent that place of business or spend our money there.

Have a nice life.

Well Tess, they were little harsh but you know me and know I don't hide behind the internet. I can and do make the same comments in person and it's not like I'm anonymous or hard to get in touch with like some.

Great Dane Man is also entitled to his opinion with his clip and 18 posts...but at least he is a Dane Daddy, so he's salvageable:lol:

I know a little more about the owner and Smith now...I'll stick by my comments.

Peter Nap called me stupid, it was one of the first things he said to me.
And then he talks about others being harsh. LOL
He says he'll stick by his comments, so that is how he believes. He is of course wrong, and not bright enough to know he cannot know how smart I am form the internet.

Tcmech, you complaining about me not going away?
Crying like a little Btch? Wouldn't give you the pleasure.
All the same, I generally don't stay where I'm not wanted. Unlike at least some here, I'm not in it for the attention.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Peter Nap called me stupid, it was one of the first things he said to me.
And then he talks about others being harsh. LOL
He says he'll stick by his comments, so that is how he believes. He is of course wrong, and not bright enough to know he cannot know how smart I am form the internet.

I was talking about my comments being harsh and it was obvious!
That right there gives a pretty good picture of how smart you are...now why don't you go troll somewhere else.

Gunfixr

Actually, you don't know anything about me.
What has been posted here shows virtually nothing about me at all. Even if it were obvious, and I missed it, that would still not make me stupid.

So, maybe I'll troll you. You like to dish it, can you take it?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Actually, you don't know anything about me.
What has been posted here shows virtually nothing about me at all. Even if it were obvious, and I missed it, that would still not make me stupid.

So, maybe I'll troll you. You like to dish it, can you take it?

Looks like you've been trolling all along!

Last edited:

Gunfixr

Well, I wasn't.
I've been reading around, following your posts actually.
I know now why you refer to me as stupid, and think I just came here to troll.

TFred

Apologies for reviving a 5 year old thread, but it's fairly important.

Does anyone know if Firearms Sales ever changed their policy, or are they still a "gun free zone" gun shop?

Need a very quick response.

Thanks,

TFred

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Does anyone know if Firearms Sales ever changed their policy, or are they still a "gun free zone" gun shop?

Thanks,

TFred
Guess you heard that they are going out of busines at the end of the year.

Suggest that you start a new thread with your query - will get more exposure that way.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Thanks,

TFred
Guess you heard that they are closing their door at the end of the year - owner is retiring.

Suggest that you start a new thread with your query - will get more exposure that way.

TFred

Guess you heard that they are going out of busines at the end of the year.

Yep... just curious on the current status of the reported policy. This message bumps it back to the top just as good as a new thread, I suppose.

TFred

The Truth

Glad I found this thread, thanks for the bump. Makes me miss Don. Also good to hear they are going out of business. See if they have any S&W 1076s on clearance, will ya?

Marco

Welcome to the world where the sky is blue, Deer taste good, dogs dump on the neighbors lawn and cute little coons, carry rabies.

Did you know Kerry was a believer in the second A. So is Obama and for that matter, so is Laurie Haas.

Just because someone owns a gun or a gunshop, doesn't make them a friend or brother in arms.
Gunshops are tough to keep in business. Spread the word and he'll likely serve you coffee at McDonalds soon

1+!!!!

RIP
Now, let him sit on his stock and sell it as a private citizen on Armslist/VAGT or sell to some other FFL at a lose.

TFred

Thanks,

TFred
No responses yet to the question... I pulled up a map, and saw where Ivor, VA was. No wonder, there's not much of anything around there!

TFred