• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Announcement: Champion Arms

SpyderTattoo

So, question back to you... have you?

Yes, Champion Arms did basic IDPA shoots a few back... But never really caught on... Also did a steel match shoot there too... never really took off either.

So, Champion Arms has 2 medium bays that are separated into 6 lanes each. It's not really wide but it's wide enough to do some really basic shoot on the move.

So, Yes - I have been there and Yes you can (question is does Champion Arms want to???).

Yes, I have been there to shoot. Bought a gun there too. So you must move in front of the individual bays then? I didn't know that. Seems like a pretty small space for that but you're the expert...

amzbrady

Hey, I was reading the Champion Arms web page on gun safety and came across this...

Scenario #3
A gentleman walks in to the shop to ask a question about his handgun. He brings the gun to the counter in its plastic hard case. After opening the case, I notice that all three magazines are loaded including one that is inserted into the pistol and, a round is in the chamber. I asked if he transported the firearm in his vehicle in that condition. His reply, "what other way is there to keep a pistol?" It didn't occur to him what a state trooper might think if he were pulled over. He'll likely never see the gun again.

Am I missing something? It is illegal to transport a loaded firearm in a plastic case in your vehicle? Why would his gun be taken? Is it because of the extra magazines? Can someone clarify?

http://www.championarms.com/Safety.html

OrangeIsTrouble

Hey, I was reading the Champion Arms web page on gun safety and came across this...

Scenario #3
A gentleman walks in to the shop to ask a question about his handgun. He brings the gun to the counter in its plastic hard case. After opening the case, I notice that all three magazines are loaded including one that is inserted into the pistol and, a round is in the chamber. I asked if he transported the firearm in his vehicle in that condition. His reply, "what other way is there to keep a pistol?" It didn't occur to him what a state trooper might think if he were pulled over. He'll likely never see the gun again.

Am I missing something? It is illegal to transport a loaded firearm in a plastic case in your vehicle? Why would his gun be taken? Is it because of the extra magazines? Can someone clarify?

http://www.championarms.com/Safety.html

Nothing else matters other than the loaded handgun. Round in chamber or mag with ammo inserted into handgun.

[h=2]RCW 9.41.060[/h]
(9) Any person while carrying a pistol unloaded and in a closed opaque case or secure wrapper;

[h=2]RCW 9.41.050[/h]
(2)(a) A person shall not carry or place a loaded pistol in any vehicle unless the person has a license to carry a concealed pistol and: (i) The pistol is on the licensee's person, (ii) the licensee is within the vehicle at all times that the pistol is there, or (iii) the licensee is away from the vehicle and the pistol is locked within the vehicle and concealed from view from outside the vehicle.

I believe the first rcw would apply, unless the case was on the licensee's person and he had a CPL.

IANALIANALIANALIANAL

amzbrady

Nothing else matters other than the loaded handgun. Round in chamber or mag with ammo inserted into handgun.

RCW 9.41.060

(9) Any person while carrying a pistol unloaded and in a closed opaque case or secure wrapper;

RCW 9.41.050

(2)(a) A person shall not carry or place a loaded pistol in any vehicle unless the person has a license to carry a concealed pistol and: (i) The pistol is on the licensee's person, (ii) the licensee is within the vehicle at all times that the pistol is there, or (iii) the licensee is away from the vehicle and the pistol is locked within the vehicle and concealed from view from outside the vehicle.

I believe the first rcw would apply, unless the case was on the licensee's person and he had a CPL.

IANALIANALIANALIANAL

always makes me laugh when I see someone post that they are anal...:monkey

why would it matter if it was in a case, a glove box, under the seat, swinging from the rear view mirror (aside from it cracking the windshield when you stop), or duct taped to your forhead? The champion thing says nothing about having or not having a cpl.

OrangeIsTrouble

always makes me laugh when I see someone post that they are anal...:monkey

why would it matter if it was in a case, a glove box, under the seat, swinging from the rear view mirror (aside from it cracking the windshield when you stop), or duct taped to your forhead? The champion thing says nothing about having or not having a cpl.

Well that could be the problem. Or maybe it goes further.

IANALIANALIANALIANAL

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
The safety page was written by someone who is no longer with the company.

You are correct to notice that that scenario does not differentiate whether the person possessed a CPL or not, which would be key.

What this should demonstrate is never take legal advice from an employee of a gun store, read the RCW's on your own.

amzbrady

The safety page was written by someone who is no longer with the company.

You are correct to notice that that scenario does not differentiate whether the person possessed a CPL or not, which would be key.

What this should demonstrate is never take legal advice from an employee of a gun store, read the RCW's on your own.

The Asian guy at Marksman taught me that, when he told me open carry was Illegal. :shocker:

Just like when people go to a parts store and ask a minimum wage kid behind the counter for free advice on how to fix their car, instead of going to a mechanic. You get what you pay for.

oldkim

Shooting at Champion Arms

So, went there today with my wife. It was her 2nd time shooting.

Really busy but it was good to see the folks at Champions hard at work.

Good seeing you Goose! I'll be at the gunshow in Puyallup Sunday. Stop by the OCDO and WaGuns tables!

ATCSDav

Congrats!

Frequent lurker, infrequent poster here. Congratulations Nick. Just "liked" the company on FB, the Zombie shoot sounds like fun!! Looked at YOUR page, and turns out we share something - I lived in Vancouver from 1969 to 1975, still consider it home. Fort Vancouver Class of '72. Ancient times LOL. Have been looking for a reason to stop by Champion, now I have one.