Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: updated doj website

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar

updated doj website

doj just updated their site
    SCOTT

"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

"When seconds count police are minutes away"

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting

I applaud DOJ for at least updating the website and putting good info on there. I think they are trying to do the right thing and provide as much info as possible. For example, they state if your old training cert doesn't meet requirements, they give some suggestions on what can help bring it in line.

List of states WI recognizes is cool to see also.

Quote Originally Posted by xenophon View Post
    I applaud DOJ for at least updating the website and putting good info on there. I think they are trying to do the right thing and provide as much info as possible.

That's great. Wanna cookie too?
    Last edited by HandyHamlet; 10-20-2011 at 02:43 PM.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Sweet

I applaud DOJ for at least updating the website and putting good info on there. I think they are trying to do the right thing and provide as much info as possible. For example, they state if your old training cert doesn't meet requirements, they give some suggestions on what can help bring it in line.

List of states WI recognizes is cool to see also.
    SO now it looks like i can submit my DD214 and I am good to go. no other crap needed. I could also submit my Utah CCP with the small affirmation sheet and sign that as well. So apparently it is not all that bad. very good post +1000!!

Your application must:

Include a check made out to the Wisconsin Department of Justice in the amount of $50.

http://www.doj.state.wi.us/dles/cib/...ealedCarry.asp

Nothing but a bunch of [...] leaches.

COMMENTS EDITED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Inappropriate
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    Your application must:

Include a check made out to the Wisconsin Department of Justice in the amount of $50.

Nothing but a bunch of c*ck s*cking leaches.
    ? Isn't that pretty cheap compared to other states?

Your application must:

Nothing but a bunch of c*ck s*cking leaches.
    Handy, Handy, ...... Handy..... Oh my....

My good man.... I know how you feel and fell pretty much the same way but such verbage.... Oh my....

I sometimes wish I had your vast knowledge of the spoken word surrounding the crotchal area as well as the area north of the testicle region.... but even with such knowledge, I would feel like a dick out of water using such verbage...

On point: Me thinks the $50.00 is the $37.00 permit fee and the $13.00 BCF (Background Check Fee) which oh wise one, you of course already knew....

Outdoorsman1
    Last edited by Outdoorsman1; 10-20-2011 at 03:28 PM.
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

George Cecil (1891–1970) American advertising copywriter

Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

Yah, you are right. Sometimes I get all wrapped up in truth...

$50 is a small price to pay to be able to exercise my Constitutional Right. We conveniently won't factor in the cost of training.

I mean, at least I didn't have to sacrifice my life for my Constitutional Right. Unlike my friends, family, forefathers...

So by all means, keep sucking up to our glorious, generous, and magnanimous Republican Party Masters. I'm right there with you buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by Outdoorsman1 View Post

On point: Me thinks the $50.00 is the $37.00 permit fee and the $13.00 BCF (Background Check Fee) which oh wise one, you of course already knew....

Outdoorsman1
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Thanks for pointing that out! I am an idiot. I'm still going to rant though!

( still laughing at myself... )
    Last edited by HandyHamlet; 10-20-2011 at 03:33 PM.
    Abraham Lincoln

Alexcabbie

Out-of-state Licenses Recognized in Wisconsin
    Licensees from any of the listed states will be recognized in Wisconsin as an out-of-state licensee per Sec. 175.60 (1)(g) Wis. Stats. This was determined based on the statutory requirement in s. 165.25 (12) that the listed state requires, or designates that the holder chose to submit, to a background search that is comparable to Wisconsin’s background check in s. 175.60 (1)(ac). Wisconsin’s background check includes only two components (1) A criminal history record search; (2) A search of the national instant criminal background check system (NICS). If another states background check meets the same requirements a Wisconsin resident must meet, the DOJ has recognized that state. The DOJ has tried to be as inclusive as possible and will periodically check and update the list if other states can be added. This list is current as of 10/18/11:

Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands
    Wonder how they came up with that list? Montana has a similar criteria...and their list is quite different.
    States don’t have rights. People do.

Handy, Handy, ...... Handy..... Oh my....

My good man.... I know how you feel and fell pretty much the same way but such verbage.... Oh my....

I sometimes wish I had your vast knowledge of the spoken word surrounding the crotchal area as well as the area north of the testicle region.... but even with such knowledge, I would feel like a dick out of water using such verbage...

Outdoorsman1
    I agree. "Leaches" may be a little too harsh, after all the DOJ is just doing what they think is best for us. I'ts for our own good, citizens.

there was a famous quote by A. Lincoln... something about interfering with the constitution.... if I could just find it
    "In a court trial half the lawyers are wrong." - Captain Nemo

"[There is] a duty in refusing to cooperate in any undertaking that violates the Constitutional rights of the individual. This holds in particular for all inquisitions that are concerned with the private life and the political affiliations of the citizens." - Albert Einstein

gunowners.org ~ lp.org ~ downsizedc.org ~ oathkeepers.org ~ campaignforliberty.com/usa/WI/ ~ goooh.com

Quote Originally Posted by IcrewUH60 View Post
    I agree. "Leaches" may be a little too harsh, after all the DOJ is just doing what they think is best for us. I'ts for our own good, citizens.

there was a famous quote by A. Lincoln... something about interfering with the constitution.... if I could just find it
    He said "Leaches"...?????

On point: Still no word on if the will be accepting applications in person on Nov. 1. Seems like we got the application thing covered if someone can show up with a printer, but iif they are not accepting application at their office well then.... I will have to think on that...

Outdoorsman1
    Last edited by Outdoorsman1; 10-20-2011 at 03:49 PM.
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

Outdoorsman1

yeah, the special kind

On point: Still no word on if the will be accepting applications in person on Nov. 1. Seems like we got the application thing covered if someone can shoeup with a printer, but iif they are not accepting application at their office well then.... I will have to think on that...

Outdoorsman1
    I don't have a portable printer but would be happy to bring my laptop.
    "In a court trial half the lawyers are wrong." - Captain Nemo

"[There is] a duty in refusing to cooperate in any undertaking that violates the Constitutional rights of the individual. This holds in particular for all inquisitions that are concerned with the private life and the political affiliations of the citizens." - Albert Einstein

gunowners.org ~ lp.org ~ downsizedc.org ~ oathkeepers.org ~ campaignforliberty.com/usa/WI/ ~ goooh.com

I've got a printer. Although we are covered I'll bring it as back-up. If I can strap it to my ankle.

Never said I could spell.

Please see:

squeegee headed penis leech

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...0penis%20leech
    Last edited by HandyHamlet; 10-20-2011 at 04:17 PM.
    Abraham Lincoln

Alexcabbie

I've got a printer. Although we are covered I'll bring it as back-up. If I can strap it to my ankle.

Never said I could spell.

Please see:

squeegee headed penis leech

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...0penis%20leech
    Back up, strapped to your ankle... thats funny.... as in BUP...... would that make it a "Strap On"....

Please see:

squeegee headed penis leech[/COLOR]

Ah, thanks but no thanks....

Outdoorsman1

Outdoorsman1

Back up, strapped to your ankle...
    If the cops see it I could be arrested for printing.
    Abraham Lincoln

Alexcabbie

Yes, compared to most states. Now please pay your $5 to go vote.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    If the cops see it I could be arrested for printing.

Groan!!!!

I won't be celebrating just yet.

The DoJ has effectively set up all non-DoJ certified instructors (that would be not of the "Order of the Secret Handshake") for a possible liability issue. They lay out the course and they even lay out how the student should be tested. They even tell instructors to retain every copy of test evaluations in the event that during the course of litigation, the legitimacy of training can be verified (under course documentation). That evaluation is to a prescribed standard (the written test of the Order of the Secret Handshake).

Only they do not allow instructors that are not a badge carrying member of the "Order of the Secret Handshake" to have access to the written test or the answers.

It could be argued in court that any test that does not have the platinum stamp of approval by the Order of the Secret Handshake is not worth the paper it is printed on. Then, your attorney fees defending your test as valid would eat you from house and home.

Thanks for protecting your own, Van Hollen.
    Last edited by Grant Guess; 10-20-2011 at 05:23 PM.
    Gun Control Defined: The theory that people who are willing to ignore laws against rape, torture, kidnapping, theft and murder will obey a law which prohibits them from owning or carrying a firearm.

McX
    Last edited by McX; 10-21-2011 at 12:22 AM.

i think it is cheaper in WI

Kansas

1. For new applications or those which have permanently expired, you must attach two money orders or cashier‟s checks:
    (1) For $100 ($50 if retired law enforcement officer) payable to “Office of the Attorney General”
    (2) For $32.50 payable to “Sheriff of ____________ County,” (put your county of residence in the blank
    space)

Quote Originally Posted by Packfanatic View Post
    Kansas

1. For new applications or those which have permanently expired, you must attach two money orders or cashier‟s checks:
    (1) For $100 ($50 if retired law enforcement officer) payable to “Office of the Attorney General”
    (2) For $32.50 payable to “Sheriff of ____________ County,” (put your county of residence in the blank
    space)
    The ever popular FL is $117 for 5 years...MA non-res is $100 PER YEAR! TX I believe is $150 for 5 yrs...NY is a lot more...
    States don’t have rights. People do.

Can I cross my SSN out on my DD 214???. boar out

You can now fill out your affirmation form if your going to be using an out of state license!

At least it gives us something to do

http://www.doj.state.wi.us/dles/cib/...e-20111018.pdf

I hereby affirm the following (check entry that applies):

[] I am currently licensed to carry a firearm in the state of ____________ and my license from that state has never been revoked for cause. A copy of my license from __________ [state] has been provided to the Wisconsin Department of Justice.

[] From _____ [starting year] to ______ [ending year], I was previously licensed to carry a firearm in the state of ____________ and my license from that state has never been revoked for cause. A copy of my former license from __________ [state] has been provided to the Wisconsin Department of Justice.

______________________ [signature of applicant]
    I could have come up with that and I'm not even a lawyer

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    i just dropped here for a moment, very buisy solving all theplanet's problems today. something about printing? i saw The Man Paul was on here,so i thought i'd ask is this now included somewhere, i'll chek it later once i get to go home. thanks guys.
    Handy was being silly. He was going to strap a printer to his ankle and he wanted to know if he'd be arrested for printing.

No, the law hasn't added printing to the mix.
    Last edited by paul@paul-fisher.com; 10-20-2011 at 07:25 PM.

It specifies only a Wisconsin DNR hunter safety certificate, what about hunter safety certificates from other states?

(I am using my old CPL from Michigan... but just curious)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast