• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

updated doj website

mrjam2jab

Kansas

1. For new applications or those which have permanently expired, you must attach two money orders or cashier‟s checks:
(1) For $100 ($50 if retired law enforcement officer) payable to “Office of the Attorney General”
(2) For $32.50 payable to “Sheriff of ____________ County,” (put your county of residence in the blank
space)

The ever popular FL is $117 for 5 years...MA non-res is $100 PER YEAR! TX I believe is $150 for 5 yrs...NY is a lot more...

Jason in WI

You can now fill out your affirmation form if your going to be using an out of state license!

At least it gives us something to do :p

http://www.doj.state.wi.us/dles/cib/ConcealedCarry/affirmation-out-of-state-license-20111018.pdf

I hereby affirm the following (check entry that applies):

[] I am currently licensed to carry a firearm in the state of ____________ and my license from that state has never been revoked for cause. A copy of my license from __________ [state] has been provided to the Wisconsin Department of Justice.

[] From _____ [starting year] to ______ [ending year], I was previously licensed to carry a firearm in the state of ____________ and my license from that state has never been revoked for cause. A copy of my former license from __________ [state] has been provided to the Wisconsin Department of Justice.

______________________ [signature of applicant]

I could have come up with that and I'm not even a lawyer :eek:

paul@paul-fisher.com

i just dropped here for a moment, very buisy solving all theplanet's problems today. something about printing? i saw The Man Paul was on here,so i thought i'd ask is this now included somewhere, i'll chek it later once i get to go home. thanks guys.

Handy was being silly. He was going to strap a printer to his ankle and he wanted to know if he'd be arrested for printing.

No, the law hasn't added printing to the mix.

Last edited:

apierce918

It specifies only a Wisconsin DNR hunter safety certificate, what about hunter safety certificates from other states?

(I am using my old CPL from Michigan... but just curious)

mrjam2jab

It specifies only a Wisconsin DNR hunter safety certificate, what about hunter safety certificates from other states?

(I am using my old CPL from Michigan... but just curious)

Yes...the website is worded incorrectly.

That statute says:

a. The hunter education program established under s.
29.591 or a substantially similar program that is estab-
lished by another state, country, or province and that is
recognized by the department of natural resources.

McNutty

You can now fill out your affirmation form if your going to be using an out of state license!

At least it gives us something to do :p

http://www.doj.state.wi.us/dles/cib/ConcealedCarry/affirmation-out-of-state-license-20111018.pdf

I could have come up with that and I'm not even a lawyer :eek:

After the training certificate nonsense, I am at least happy to see that, in addition to my out of state permit, I won't need an affidavit sworn to by an official with the Utah BCI verifying that my Utah permit (which I continue to wait for in the mail) is valid and not currently supended or revoked.

E6chevron

Yes...the website is worded incorrectly.

That statute says:

The DOJ FAQ has got it worded correctly, see below

A copy of a document, or an affidavit from an instructor or organization that conducted the course or program, that indicates that the individual completed any of the following (but see note below):

The hunter education program established by the Department of Natural Resources (DNR) or a substantially similar program that is established by another state, country, or province and that is recognized by DNR.