• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

PTs

FallonJeeper

Just be careful, Blood alcohol is not the only criteria as indicated in the following:

"or
(b) Is under the influence of any controlled substance, or is under the combined influence of intoxicating liquor and a controlled substance,"

If I'm reading this correctly, according to this criteria, LEO's can perform a field sobriety test and charge you with/without a blood alcohol level being tested.

Last edited:

Remmy

Moderation and being responsible, no different if you were to drive to the bar for a few beers to watch the game and drive home is the name of the game. I dont know about anyone else but everytime i go to a bar to have a beer or two I dont leave my car at home.

28kfps

If no one has a problem with Sunday Feb. 19 I'll start a thread. That's the soonest I can attend a Sunday lunch meet up. I'm moving this weekend and IDPA is the second Sunday of the month.

If anyone has a PT's that they prefer let me know in this thread and I'll start a thread tomorrow.

I have ever Sunday at lunchtime booked for the rest of my life however; I am willing to support this. The 19th I may be out of town not sure yet. In the evening works better for me. A lunchtime meet up for me is a four-hour chunk of my day. Later in the day at least allows me to have most of the day. Like to hear more Ideas from others to make for a possible larger meet up.

Sabotage70

I have ever Sunday at lunchtime booked for the rest of my life however; I am willing to support this. The 19th I may be out of town not sure yet. In the evening works better for me. A lunchtime meet up for me is a four-hour chunk of my day. Later in the day at least allows me to have most of the day. Like to hear more Ideas from others to make for a possible larger meet up.

If sat. evening would work out better for everyone we'll shoot for the 18th. at around 6pm

oc4ever

guns-/drinking

My point is not that one beer is going to stop you from defending yourself. It is the PERCEPTION of drinking, and OC'ing. many of the general public, and many in the gun community frown on this practice. You will leave many of the general public with a bad taste of OC'ing if you are sitting at a bar consuming alcohol. If you are unfortunate to get in a shooting, the LEO ad DA might make you out to the the aggravating party. If you own anything of value the BG'S attorney is going to make you out to be a irresponsible reckless gun owner and you will be suect to financial exposure. OC and drink if you wish, but don't fool yourself into believing that the consequences won't be legally and financially ruinous to your life.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Conversely, if someone sees you have a drink while armed and nothing happens....

It seems we are using the same arguments we use for OC in general?

DON`T TREAD ON ME

Just be careful, Blood alcohol is not the only criteria as indicated in the following:

"or
(b) Is under the influence of any controlled substance, or is under the combined influence of intoxicating liquor and a controlled substance,"

If I'm reading this correctly, according to this criteria, LEO's can perform a field sobriety test and charge you with/without a blood alcohol level being tested.

Not promoting, but not only is the "clown test" consensual, But there is no implied consent if you are not driving, making a breath test consensual as well.

Last edited:

Kinoons

My point is not that one beer is going to stop you from defending yourself. It is the PERCEPTION of drinking, and OC'ing. many of the general public, and many in the gun community frown on this practice. You will leave many of the general public with a bad taste of OC'ing if you are sitting at a bar consuming alcohol. If you are unfortunate to get in a shooting, the LEO ad DA might make you out to the the aggravating party. If you own anything of value the BG'S attorney is going to make you out to be a irresponsible reckless gun owner and you will be suect to financial exposure. OC and drink if you wish, but don't fool yourself into believing that the consequences won't be legally and financially ruinous to your life.

And the same is said about handloaded ammunition or customized handguns. It's all hogwash. If you make a good shoot then no other variables matter, your actions were legit. If you make a bad shoot, then it's bad, and you're screwed no matter the firearm, time of day, color of your t-shirt, etc...

28kfps

This is a great example of a hijack thread. With that said, my $.002 making an assumption that most if not all that regular post want to be good representative of open carry. I see both sides to this debate however; I believe seeing a person with the ability and smarts to control their alcohol intake while OCing is not a bad thing.

I certainly have not read all postings however; I have never read a negative posting of a NV OCer having a drink. I do remember one posting where an OCer posted he had locked up his firearm in the car because it was party time. A good showing of a responsible OCer.

ManInBlack

So anyone been to PTs since this thread happened? I don't know if I posted this or not, but around the PTs in question...bars like putters, and oaces, etc...'heard' of 'me' and what happened and are all now agreeing they dont like 'guys with guns'. I was just curious how you've all been received in these places. I do appriciate the time those people took to write letters, and in actuality, come to my aid. I called for help, and help came. That's what I hoped this community would be about. I was disappointed by PTs so badly though I kinda stopped with this fight. They said we're welcome...just like a year ago before I started this whole thread. But has it mattered? Has anyone seen the difference? I still have not patronized this business since they embarrased me, and my date, after assuring me no problems would occur. It took over a month for them to respond, and they only did after you all came to my aid and posted your complaints. It's one of the few places with decent food near me. Anyone maybe wanna go with me? So I'm not alone. The bar tender really really offended me and embarrased me, as did their peeps in charge. Anyway, wanted to see if anyone had any more input before I just write this company off for good.

Thanks for your time again.

I honestly have a hard time feeling much sympathy for you, because, by your own admission, you willingly and immediately patronized another of their restaurants after being kicked out of the first!

Funny enough, after getting asked to leave, we (my date and I) went to the PTs on decatur and sunset, and nobody said a thing.

Obviously, the poor treatment and embarrassment you say you suffered wasn't enough to keep you from running across town and insisting on giving them your money. Do they serve some kind of addictive special sauce, or what?

Lostlittlerobot

I honestly have a hard time feeling much sympathy for you, because, by your own admission, you willingly and immediately patronized another of their restaurants after being kicked out of the first!

Obviously, the poor treatment and embarrassment you say you suffered wasn't enough to keep you from running across town and insisting on giving them your money. Do they serve some kind of addictive special sauce, or what?

Thanks for trolling. Me going to another location also occured before their phone calls, poor service, month time lapse, after they originally corporately apologized and welcomed me back, before they went back on that - so in the immidiate timing, was more a poor decision by one bartender than the company as a whole. Guess you had a hard time following that timeline, when the posts clearly have a date and time attached to them...but hey we can't all read on the internet...

And to feed this troll more, no...no special sauce, they're the only place I've found in this town of over 1 million people that has a juke box that plays the style music I like, while in limited capacity. So for my date and I it was a factor...thank you very much.

Lostlittlerobot

LLR, off topic I know, but what kind of music do you like? Just curious.

I listen to EBM, Darkwave, neue deutsche härte, power noise, agrotech, etc. Genres many people aren't used to, and bands most people dont know. I love 'my' music though and will gladly share and converse about it anytime I can. I've travelled the world to see concerts and festivals and bands and enjoy it immensely!

Las Vegan

They play that kind of stuff at PT's? I don't hang out at these kind of places and I just assumed that it's all Country and/or Frat Boy Rock.

WOD

Typical Corporate Runaround..

I don't drink anymore, so I generally do not frequent bars, lounges, taverns, unless there's a musical act I wish to support. I really don't support many corporate restaurants, fast-food or other types either, and I would rather support a locally/privately owned business. The reason being, I worked for Chevron Corp., and I had it up to my nostrils with their gobbledy-gook nonsensical policies, restrictions, and un-wise practices. So, it doesn't surprise me, that they did a complete "about face" with little regards to their frequent patrons. Ultimately, it is within their rights to do so, but, it is also my right to find another place to do my business with. I've switched my places of patronage many many times over similar choices these business's have made, and I don't have to unequivocally pledge my loyalties to them, just because I might like their burgers/shakes/clothes/taste/environment etc. If your e-mail petition succeeds in their re-evaluating their stance, good for you! I would consider finding a smaller, privately owned business to support, perhaps another supporter of rights, and like minded principles.

Ever listen to Das Ich? Feindflug? VNV Nation? \W/?

Last edited: