• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

PTs

Lostlittlerobot

I don't drink anymore, so I generally do not frequent bars, lounges, taverns, unless there's a musical act I wish to support. I really don't support many corporate restaurants, fast-food or other types either, and I would rather support a locally/privately owned business. The reason being, I worked for Chevron Corp., and I had it up to my nostrils with their gobbledy-gook nonsensical policies, restrictions, and un-wise practices. So, it doesn't surprise me, that they did a complete "about face" with little regards to their frequent patrons. Ultimately, it is within their rights to do so, but, it is also my right to find another place to do my business with. I've switched my places of patronage many many times over similar choices these business's have made, and I don't have to unequivocally pledge my loyalties to them, just because I might like their burgers/shakes/clothes/taste/environment etc. If your e-mail petition succeeds in their re-evaluating their stance, good for you! I would consider finding a smaller, privately owned business to support, perhaps another supporter of rights, and like minded principles.

Ever listen to Das Ich? Feindflug? VNV Nation? \W/?

Yes to all the above =p. Only wumpscut and vnv are on this jukebox at PTs. They have a few songs on it by them. VNV is actually coming to vegas in march. I'm so excited, no bands like this ever play vegas! I'm always have to travel to Germany to see good shows.

So while yes I could go to another place...there'd be giving up things like the ability to play this music while i eat

vegaspassat

I hate to bring this one back from the dead, but was there ever a resolution worked out that favored OC? I skimmed through all the pages but didn't see anything

jdholmes

Read again. ;)

I'm still not convinced it was OC they had the real problem with as much as a particular individual...

Last edited:

28kfps

Two of the OC poster did have a meeting with PTs head of security (at least I believe that was his title) Long story short, due to a ton of leg work from some of the OC posters and several e-mails PTs did send an e-mail letter saying they would welcome OCers into their PTs. We even had a dinner meet up in one of the PTs that started the controversy with the same bar tender that gave one of the OCer posters a hard time. Apparently, receiving some new training on how to treat legally carrying costumers he was very friendly and service was good for the 15 or so OCers having dinner.

vegaspassat

Thank you 28! I did go back and read, it seems that I skipped the most important page before :facepalm: I will say that I went to the PTs just down the street this evening and had a beer. It was a relatively pleasant experience. The staff was immediately aware that I was carrying so good situational awareness on their part. There were two guys behind the bar, one of which served me and of coursed inquired about my firearm. I explained to him that I was legal and it was funny he asked because I had heard that PTs was carry friendly. At this point the other guy came up and introduced himself as the general manager, and said that yes carry is allowed but that they preferred it to be subtle. I'm a little hard of hearing so I'm willing to bet the bar tender and I were talking a little too loud or something like that. At any rate I had a good time, I watched a little TV, lost a little money in the poker machine, made friends with the bar tender, and only spent like 3 bucks on a beer. Over all it was good service, and the drink was very reasonably priced! I will definitely be going back the next time I feel like a cold blue moon after a long jog. :thumbup:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
If anyone can PM me the correct and direct email addresses for the go-to decision-makers at PT's for this topic, I'd appreciate it. As mentioned in the "How did it go" thread, I was kicked out of a PT's last night and it caused a lot of inconvenience for our group. We eventually made it to another PT's and then had no issues as usual. Since this thread, many of us have been regulars at several PT's, with zero issues, and several appreciative bartenders.

I do not think we need to start a campaign of any sorts or flood anyone with emails and receipts yet. I was the one kicked out against a known corporate policy, and I'm confident I can articulate the situation to the appropriate member of upper management in a manner that will cause the bartender and location in question to be retrained on the issue.

By the way, this was a milestone. I don't get out much, and mostly to the same usual haunts. This is the first time I have EVER been kicked out of ANY establishment, EVER, for ANY reason. What can I say, I'm usually so boring.

Bulleteater

I do not think we need to start a campaign of any sorts or flood anyone with emails and receipts yet. I was the one kicked out against a known corporate policy, and I'm confident I can articulate the situation to the appropriate member of upper management in a manner that will cause the bartender and location in question to be retrained on the issue.

Sounds good. I'll let you speak for all of us frustrated customers who were inconvenienced by that person. Meanwhile, I need to research that ahi tuna dish that I saw some guy eating at the PT's on Horizon/215, a dish that looked really good, but apparently is NOT on every PT's menu. Go figure.

28kfps

If anyone can PM me the correct and direct email addresses for the go-to decision-makers at PT's for this topic, I'd appreciate it. As mentioned in the "How did it go" thread, I was kicked out of a PT's last night and it caused a lot of inconvenience for our group. We eventually made it to another PT's and then had no issues as usual. Since this thread, many of us have been regulars at several PT's, with zero issues, and several appreciative bartenders.

By the way, this was a milestone. I don't get out much, and mostly to the same usual haunts. This is the first time I have EVER been kicked out of ANY establishment, EVER, for ANY reason. What can I say, I'm usually so boring.

MAC check out post #26 this thread. I believe it has the contact info you are asking for.

jackrockblc

MAC check out post #26 this thread. I believe it has the contact info you are asking for.

Just an addendum. Post #26 has only the mailing address, as Todd asked that his direct email not be provided (that, too, is noted later in the thread). The poster removed the email address after the fact. Right now, they are asking for snail mail contact when going directly to him - though, he may provide his direct email to you after that.