• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

defense fund for determining OC in a car is legal

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
The legal definition of occupy means something specific: oc-cu-py (verb) to dwell or reside in

Citation? My law dictionary has no entry for "occupy", but a regular dictionary lists:
oc·cu·py tr.v. oc·cu·pied, oc·cu·py·ing, oc·cu·pies 1. To fill up (time or space): a lecture that occupied three hours.
2. To dwell or reside in.
3. To hold or fill (an office or position).
4. To seize possession of and maintain control over by or as if by conquest.
5. To engage or employ the attention or concentration of: occupied the children with coloring books.
In definition #1. you occupy something by being in it. Ergo, she occupied the parking lot.

MKEgal

Grapeshot said:
What other goods and/or services are there out there that might directly benefit her? Not all donations need to be in cash, although such is an immediate need.
Someone gave me a turkey.
(And some other groceries, & cash, & emotional support.)
Other than work, I can't think of something I need right now.
My own internet service, so I don't have to go to the coffee shop? :rolleyes:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Ladies and gentlemen, we've got a long ways to go yet - IMO this is an "us vs them" scenario with major ramifications.

You have come through in the past - one time more into the breach.

1245A Defender

well,,,

Someone gave me a turkey.
(And some other groceries, & cash, & emotional support.)
Other than work, I can't think of something I need right now.
My own internet service, so I don't have to go to the coffee shop? :rolleyes:

i been following your exploits since your day at church.

i dont like paypal, they have screwed up before.

please post an address, lawyer?, so I can send a check for you, and a hug too. {{{hugs}}}

you will beat the he11 out of this bum rap!

MKEgal

Rather than post my home address, here's the law firm.
Send it to them, made out to them, my name on the subject line & (I think) they won't have a paperwork headache.

Mastantuono Law Office
for: Krysta Sutterfield
817 N Marshall St.
Milwaukee, WI

http://www.mastantuono-law.com

And again, I very much appreciate everyone who's helping - every donation, every word of support, every action taken on my behalf.

Last edited:

1245A Defender

Well,,,

i been following your exploits since your day at church.

i dont like paypal, they have screwed up before.

please post an address, lawyer?, so I can send a check for you, and a hug too. {{{hugs}}}

you will beat the he11 out of this bum rap!

Rather than post my home address, here's the law firm.
Send it to me c/o them, check made out to me, & (I think) they won't have a paperwork headache.

Krysta Sutterfield
c/o Mastantuono Law Office
817 N Marshall St.
Milwaukee, WI

http://www.mastantuono-law.com

And again, I very much appreciate everyone who's helping - every donation, every word of support, every action taken on my behalf.

check wrote and signed, envelope addressed and sealed, stamp licked and applied...
I'll get it in the mail Monday.

1245A Defender

Well,,, OK...

check wrote and signed, envelope addressed and sealed, stamp licked and applied...
I'll get it in the mail Monday.

I didn't know they still made lick-em stamps. :lol:

Sooo it was just a little poetic license ....
I did lick the envelope, but youre right! I havent licked a stamp in years..

Also, since you picked my nit, Ill admit I didnt mail it on Monday,,,, so there!
But I did get it to the post office an hour ago!
Its going to be a day late, but it wont be a dollar short.

MKEgal

getting slightly more off topic...

I would actually prefer to have lick-em stamps.
Less waste, more environmentally friendly.
Even if they have to give them to me in a little cellophane envelope, that's more biodegradable or burnable than the plastic-coated paper the peel-n-stick stamps come on.

thieltech

Awesomeness

it sure is great to see so many people help when its truely needed .

. feels so much like a big family here .

........ im glad to send u some moneys ..

and i will send more when i can

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
it sure is great to see so many people help when its truely needed .

. feels so much like a big family here .

........ im glad to send u some moneys ..

and i will send more when i can

Much appreciated I am sure.

That is where the "other side" under estimated our resolve.

This family transcends state lines too - lots of brothers, sisters, cousins + friends and neighbors. :D

We take major umbrage when a respected member is unjustly singled out - united we are the stronger.

- dedicated to MKEgal.

Kc.38

I just had an idea. I am reading a good book by Massad Ayoob, "IN THE GRAVEST EXTREME". Now this book is only bout 130 pages and in paperback and is about "the role of the firearm in personal protection".
I would like to "lease" this book out to anyone who would like to read it for a contribution of $10 to MKEgal defense fund. This lease would be for about 2 wks and then the reader would ship it to the next person on the list who would also make a contribution for the same amount to the defense fund. This book is out of print so try to keep it in good shape and lets see if it can generate some good other then the knowledge within. If we get to the end of the list I would like the book returned to me. Shipping is about $3.00 so you would have about $13.00 invested in a great book and some goodwill for a friend. Ok, who wants to be first, I will keep the list in my PMs and that way I can keep track of who has the book. I am open to any ideas on how to make this better or more user friendly. Another idea, write your name in the front pages and when the list is done I will give it to MKEgal if she would like. Thanks

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
I just had an idea. I am reading a good book by Massad Ayoob, "IN THE GRAVEST EXTREME". Now this book is only bout 130 pages and in paperback and is about "the role of the firearm in personal protection".
I would like to "lease" this book out to anyone who would like to read it for a contribution of $10 to MKEgal defense fund. This lease would be for about 2 wks and then the reader would ship it to the next person on the list who would also make a contribution for the same amount to the defense fund. This book is out of print so try to keep it in good shape and lets see if it can generate some good other then the knowledge within. If we get to the end of the list I would like the book returned to me. Shipping is about $3.00 so you would have about $13.00 invested in a great book and some goodwill for a friend. Ok, who wants to be first, I will keep the list in my PMs and that way I can keep track of who has the book. I am open to any ideas on how to make this better or more user friendly. Another idea, write your name in the front pages and when the list is done I will give it to MKEgal if she would like. Thanks
This is a great book and a great idea! Anybody who is familiar with Mas Ayoob knows the depth of his SD knowledge and what to do AFTER an incident. Good going, KC.38! :banana:

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Donations for MKEgal have dropped off somewhat - don't leave her mid-stream without either a horse or canoe!

We must be prepared to see this through. Look in your cookie jar, beneath the sofa cushions, take some scrap to the salvage yard.

I will find a way to send more - please do likewise.

If you haven't yet donated to the cause, now would be a really good time.

.... MKEgal fund