Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O.C. Vigils on January 8th?

O.C. Vigils on January 8th?

Folks:

Are there any plans afoot to have OC gatherings on January 8th? I think such would be a better response than simply taking pictures of your carry gun and a candle...

Ref: http://www.weerdworld.com/2011/light...stop-violence/

Is there a vigil planned for the Seattle area that we could show up for?

US Constitution - void where prohibited by law.

I'd love to attend if we can get a few guys to go

Bring oil lanterns, chem lights, flares, tactical lights and weapon mounted lights. Who needs a candle when there are so many better lights.

Regular Member trevorthebusdriver's Avatar
    Candles in the daytime, that's dumb. Probably gonna rain anyway. I'm in if my wife doesn't have derby practice...

I would love to be there, but I will be at work at the gun store and adding more guns into circulation

count me in.

This conflicts with the garbage pickup

Why not?

If we can get enough people, i MIGHT be willing to make a ride up, or if someone wants to carpool from down south? Tacoma?

Can someone tell me why this is a good idea? I am personally not for an organised response to this event sponsored by the anti's. An organised 'in your face' protest shows a passive aggressive tact from OCDO/gun rights people. I just find that boorish. Going by yourself or with a buddy and showing genuine interest can have a greater impact than any organised response. IMO YMMV.
    Live Free or Die!

They probably would see it as in your face type of thing, just the same way they think legal gun owners are the cause of gun violence...

Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    Can someone tell me why this is a good idea? I am personally not for an organised response to this event sponsored by the anti's. An organised 'in your face' protest shows a passive aggressive tact from OCDO/gun rights people. I just find that boorish. Going by yourself or with a buddy and showing genuine interest can have a greater impact than any organised response. IMO YMMV.
    This.

How about instead showing genuine disgust by going by yourself or with a buddy & just mooning the fools?
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

Regular Member trevorthebusdriver's Avatar
    Maybe just a few of us circulating among the crowd, and when someone says "Why do you have a gun?, this is a vigil for victims of gun violence!", I would calmly reply "I, too, think there are too many victims lost to gun violence, the difference between you and I is that I am prepared to do something about it." or something like that....

I remember the same people say don't go to Steinbrek park in Seattle when the Brady Campaign came to town with there starbucks petition. We showed up in force. I especially remember a man with his family, baby in stroller, open carrying on the news that night putting a great impession out there of gun owners and our side of the story. I was there to listen, this time im there to stand up for my rights. Have you forgotten the lies ceasefire told at Greenlake about 6000 people dying in washington state over the last 5 years. I wish we had some one like dave workman or Deros to speak to the media on saturday, like they have in the past. Where are our leaders when we need them most. Do you want this lady getting the only message out.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kEoRA3qsxc. Am I wrong here?
    Last edited by jsanchez; 01-04-2012 at 12:29 PM.

Also what do you think their plan for saturday is going to be? The weather will be all right. Are they going to lay a bunch of candles out in the square symbolizing all the dead from guns in washington state? How do we counter that? Are they going to have the same 35 people they had at their town hall last year, remember the one where they hired a cop because they were afraid of trouble from the pro gun side. Are these people going to be holding candles with pictures of loved ones who died by guns.

We could point out all the high profile cases around here were guns could have made a difference, like the two lesbian ladies whe got raped and murdered in the Georgetown district of Seattle or Mr. Vargus who got robbed and killed in Rainer Valley last month. We could point out the cost saving to tax payers it these victims had just killed the criminal, no court or prison costs. We could point out all the early releases DOC has planned and less parole monitoring, having a gun might save your life.

Any body got any ideas of how to counter?

In the news, guns save life of mother and baby.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...tect-your-baby
    Last edited by jbone; 01-04-2012 at 05:59 PM.

That is an excellent example Jbone. Do you know of any others here in Washington state?

Sorry I don't.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jsanchez View Post
    That is an excellent example Jbone. Do you know of any others here in Washington state?
    There would probably be a lot more if people weren't afraid of being prosecuted for exercising the natural right of self defense. Just ask Sigfan about that.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Well you know 95% of the time when a citizen pulls a gun in self defense they don't use it. The bad guy runs off.

well yea,,,,

Well you know 95% of the time when a citizen pulls a gun in self defense they don't use it. The bad guy runs off.
    then the badguy calls the cops to report that he was threatened by a man with a gun.
    just ask Sigfan about that...

I have become convinced over the years, that If you pull your gun to defend yourself,
    you NEED to shoot the threat!
    actually shooting seems to be the only way to show that you were justified under 9.41.270,,, (c),3.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Like these?

http://www.nwcn.com/news/washington/...-98272624.html

http://puyallup.komonews.com/content...obbery-attempt

Bad outcome: http://www.king5.com/news/local/Home...-92388284.html

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...kshooting.html

it seems more often than not, these stories don't always involve upright citizens like the women in the story protecting her family. You can google these up by city, county pretty easily if you want more.....
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat....Teddy Roosevelt

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    then the badguy calls the cops to report that he was threatened by a man with a gun.
    just ask Sigfan about that...

I have become convinced over the years, that If you pull your gun to defend yourself,
    you NEED to shoot the threat!
    actually shooting seems to be the only way to show that you were justified under 9.41.270,,, (c),3.

Then they will try to charge you with using more force than necessary. Our legal system and those in it have gone way beyond it's intent and constitutional authority.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

I remember the same people say don't go to Steinbrek park in Seattle when the Brady Campaign came to town with there starbucks petition. We showed up in force. I especially remember a man with his family, baby in stroller, open carrying on the news that night putting a great impession out there of gun owners and our side of the story. I was there to listen, this time im there to stand up for my rights. Have you forgotten the lies ceasefire told at Greenlake about 6000 people dying in washington state over the last 5 years. I wish we had some one like dave workman or Deros to speak to the media on saturday, like they have in the past. Where are our leaders when we need them most. Do you want this lady getting the only message out.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kEoRA3qsxc. Am I wrong here?
    Personally I see no point in attanding this rally.They will take it, as will any media as trying to be confrontational.Those that go seem to me want to be in their face and say look at me! This is not the forum for us.Let them have their vigil as is their right.If and when they try to push their agenda with the state legislator is when I will get involved and would hope we could at that time bring the numbers.Their vigil at this point doesn't threaten anyones rights.I will wait and see what they will do next.They are so outnumbered in this state and we have come such a long way I will be careful not to put the wrong image in front of the media.So for now I don't see the point in marching around their vigil trying to get noticed.We will have our say !

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast